Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Could the Tables Turn for Tongiht's Game?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Could the Tables Turn for Tongiht's Game?

Let me preface what I am about to say by saying I am a young(er) Jets fan and anytime the Jets are in the playoffs or close, I get excited, no matter how they got there...

Don't jump all over me saying "I want to earn it" blah blah blah....but what if the Steelers win, Texans win and Cincinnati rests no one and plays Carson and the boys the entire game...

Could we be looking at a full on brawl tonight for us to get into the playoffs?

How likely is this to happen?

With talk of what Glazer said about NO ONE RESTING I am getting nervous.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheJScottW;3431367]Let me preface what I am about to say by saying I am a young(er) Jets fan and anytime the Jets are in the playoffs or close, I get excited, no matter how they got there...

Don't jump all over me saying "I want to earn it" blah blah blah....but what if the Steelers win, Texans win and Cincinnati rests no one and plays Carson and the boys the entire game...

Could we be looking at a full on brawl tonight for us to get into the playoffs?

How likely is this to happen?

With talk of what Glazer said about NO ONE RESTING I am getting nervous.[/QUOTE]
    You should be getting excited if they do play everyone, getting into the playoffs is different then winning in the playoffs. Football is always a brawl, it's just a question of kill, or be killed. I always go with the attitude of [SIZE="5"]kill,kill,kill!!![/SIZE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    :zzz: this subject has been beaten to death all week.

Time to get ready to rumble.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PocketJet;3431375]:zzz: this subject has been beaten to death all week.

Time to get ready to rumble.[/QUOTE]

Fine. No problem. I just want to prepare myself for what I am about to witness. Now I know why they aren't serving alcohol. I will prepare myself for a loss in typical Jets fashion.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheJScottW;3431381]Fine. No problem. I just want to prepare myself for what I am about to witness. Now I know why they aren't serving alcohol. I will prepare myself for a loss in typical Jets fashion.[/QUOTE]

Typical Jets fashion is a missed Jay Feely FG with 7 seconds left from the 24 yard line while the Jets are down 12-10. Oh, and it will look good and straight until the Meadowlands gives the Jets one final FU gust of wind and that short field goal takes a 90 degree left turn and lands in the stands.

Then we get to hear the police reports of fans trying to yank out the red seats from the stadium, and setting fires in the spirals.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    No alcohol, but they will be serving Paxil through the end of the third quarter.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3431488]Typical Jets fashion is a missed Jay Feely FG with 7 seconds left from the 24 yard line while the Jets are down 12-10. Oh, and it will look good and straight until the Meadowlands gives the Jets one final FU gust of wind and that short field goal takes a 90 degree left turn and lands in the stands.

Then we get to hear the police reports of fans trying to yank out the red seats from the stadium, and setting fires in the spirals.[/QUOTE]

Hear the police reports? I'll be there dodging unidentified flying objects and fires.
    sweet

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3431488]Typical Jets fashion is a missed Jay Feely FG with 7 seconds left from the 24 yard line while the Jets are down 12-10. Oh, and it will look good and straight until the Meadowlands gives the Jets one final FU gust of wind and that short field goal takes a 90 degree left turn and lands in the stands.

Then we get to hear the police reports of fans trying to yank out the red seats from the stadium, and setting fires in the spirals.[/QUOTE]

No way Feely misses a clutch FG.

Rex will mis-use his timeouts, and we'll all watch helplessly as the final seconds tick off the clock while the field goal unit tries unsuccessfully to scramble onto the field in time for an easy game winning chip shot.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3431506]No way Feely misses a clutch FG.

Rex will mis-use his timeouts, and we'll all watch helplessly as the final seconds tick off the clock while the field goal unit tries unsuccessfully to scramble onto the field in time for an easy game winning chip shot.[/QUOTE]

And cedric benson goes down at the 1 to waste more time instead of scoring...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheJScottW;3431504]Hear the police reports? I'll be there dodging unidentified flying objects and fires.
    sweet[/QUOTE]

I have to ask you with all respect, why the hell are you a Jets Fan then??
    You seem to have nothing good to say about the franchise. Why bother to subject yourself to something you seem to have a distaste for?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PocketJet;3431514]I have to ask you with all respect, why the hell are you a Jets Fan then??
    You seem to have nothing good to say about the franchise. Why bother to subject yourself to something you seem to have a distaste for?[/QUOTE]

Great question.

Been sitting in the cold ass meadowlands in the upper deck since 1990 when I was 5 friggin years old. Didn't know anything else. I hate the giants. I was a front runner through my early childhood because I didn't care that much about sports and didn't understand much anyway.

As a fan I fully reserve the right to remain pessimistic AT ALL times about the Jets...I sat through every home heartbreak this season and nothing is going to change my mind. I am sorry.

I am a Jets fan. A Die HARD Jets fan. Ask anyone I know...but the kicker is being a Jets fan has made me an eternal pessimist in sports fanhood.

Go ahead, rag on me, beat me up, call me this and that...but I call it as I see it and I am very rarely optimistic about our chances, in any situation.

All that being said...I am about to bundle my ass up in 10 layers of all sorts of ski gear and make the trek over to the stadium for the last ever game at Giants Stadium with my father who I have been going to games with for 20 years and I will scream and yell for the entire game with hopes of someday making it to the promise land. I know no better.

GO JETS

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    enjoy the game;going with your Dad....priceless.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PocketJet;3431542]enjoy the game;going with your Dad....priceless.[/QUOTE]

Yeah man. Thanks a lot. It's what I have been doing for 20 years. I was introduced by my father and we are both addicted. I feel very fortunate to have witnessed many games at Giants Stadium...I just hope tonight the cards fall in our favor.

Please God.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheJScottW;3431508]And cedric benson goes down at the 1 to waste more time instead of scoring...[/QUOTE]

LOL. No doubt!