Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Ike Taylor...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Ike Taylor...

Lets prey that Pat White is ok...but Ike Taylor is a guy that seems to be in on every helmet to helmet hit year in year out (i know this was potentially a legal hit since White was running)....and i imagining things?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Steelers GO for the helmet to helmet hit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    btw not saying he is an intentionally dirty player...but if its not that...the guy needs to learn how to tackle the correct way.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=K-Met57;3431437]Lets prey that Pat White is ok...but Ike Taylor is a guy that seems to be in on every helmet to helmet hit year in year out (i know this was potentially a legal hit since White was running)....and i imagining things?[/QUOTE]

don't really care, and I hope Welker never plays in a NE uniform again. I am hoping all is well with Jenkins and Leon though

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He knocked White out. Did you see Tomlin immediatley call for help.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=K-Met57;3431437]Lets prey that Pat White is ok...but Ike Taylor is a guy that seems to be in on every helmet to helmet hit year in year out (i know this was potentially a legal hit since White was running)....and i imagining things?[/QUOTE]

I think you are thinking of Ryan Clark

The guy has jacked up Wekler and McGahee in some of the biggest hits ever.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGRFqOipcTg[/url]
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXmExSq9jog[/url]
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8BEdeAwnxk[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gholstons Revenge;3431455]don't really care, and I hope Welker never plays in a NE uniform again. I am hoping all is well with Jenkins and Leon though[/QUOTE]

just keep in mind that the next guy that gets put into the hospital because of a careless hit could be leon, revis, cotch, sanchez etc....you are not being a fan by wishing injury on other NFL players....and any player on the Jets would tell you that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=IM3;3431464]I think you are thinking of Ryan Clark

The guy has jacked up Wekler and McGahee in some of the biggest hits ever.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGRFqOipcTg[/url]
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXmExSq9jog[/url]
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8BEdeAwnxk[/url][/QUOTE]

honestly i think they are both head hunters....it bothers me that the steelers don't seem to address this.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gholstons Revenge;3431455]don't really care, and I hope Welker never plays in a NE uniform again. I am hoping all is well with Jenkins and Leon though[/QUOTE]

You stay classy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3431476]You stay classy.[/QUOTE]

I am suprised by these remarks since all his previous posts were well thought out and intelligent....:rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

douchebag

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come on guys, we would all love when Kerry Rhodes would deliver such hits. Now the injury to White is unfortunate and I wish him all the best but calling the Steelers dirty goes a bit too far. To me this hitting and aggressive mentality is the edge that great defenses have and which scares other teams. Football is a contact sport and injuries will happen. I tell you, right now our defense doesn't have that physicality and Rex would love to add it in the offseason...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not trying to be classy and I said what I feel because I obviously do not care what you have to say or think. You spend your life on a JETS message board.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

and whats classy is you posting on a Jets site while your classy coach is still playing your crybaby QB who just threw a pick in the 4th quarter to lose the game.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    behave or be gone!!!!!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Flaming Mo;3431503]Come on guys, we would all love when Kerry Rhodes would deliver such hits. Now the injury to White is unfortunate and I wish him all the best but calling the Steelers dirty goes a bit too far. To me this hitting and aggressive mentality is the edge that great defenses have and which scares other teams. Football is a contact sport and injuries will happen. I tell you, right now our defense doesn't have that physicality and Rex would love to add it in the offseason...[/QUOTE]

Yup, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the hit Taylor put on White. If you're coming in to make a tackle, and the offensive player ducks his head (which happens a lot - it's a natural reaction to an upcoming hit), sometimes these plays happen. In fact, I think he got him just as much with the shoulder as he did with the helmet.
    Guys, this is a game in which the objective is to hit the other guy as hard as humanly possible. Great hit by Taylor -- hope White is fine -- but Taylor did his job and he ought to be commended for it.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Hit by Ike Taylor

Pat White was tackled or tripped at foot level and went down as Ike Taylor came in to make the tackle. He was actually aiming for the midsection to makre a tackle. It was an unfortunate hit in my opinion.

Bill G

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    funny how these hits are attributed to the steelers who, on more than one occasion complained about the raiders (atkinson and tatum) having a criminal element when lynn swann, franco (the original complier) and stallworth got knocked around a bit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FreemanMC;3431730]Yup, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the hit Taylor put on White. If you're coming in to make a tackle, and the offensive player ducks his head (which happens a lot - it's a natural reaction to an upcoming hit), sometimes these plays happen. In fact, I think he got him just as much with the shoulder as he did with the helmet.
    Guys, this is a game in which the objective is to hit the other guy as hard as humanly possible. Great hit by Taylor -- hope White is fine -- but Taylor did his job and he ought to be commended for it.[/QUOTE]

+1

Just saw the replay, and it didnt look intentional at all. I dont even think he was looking at White for a second before contact was made, and like you pointed out, i think he was trying to lead with his shoulder.

White WAS right next to the sideline, and could have and should have just stepped out of bounds instead of going for extra yards.

Still, of course, I hope he is OK. He was moving his extremities, so it looks like it cant be TOO serious.:)