Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Belichick folds the tent down by 7? After playing Brady, Welker?

[QUOTE=TheJScottW;3431555]To give the Bengals a reason to play and keep us out. Guaranteed.[/QUOTE]
    Does the #3 seed as opposed to the #4 seed really matter? Either way the Bengals aren't getting a bye, and with the #3 seed you travel to San Diego in the next round as opposed to Indy, assuming you win.

Banned
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;3431562]****ing Pats* had to blow it.[/QUOTE]

Good! I want the Bengals giving it all they have tonight for the 3 seed.

Beat the Bengals, while the Bengals are playing hard as ever and guess what? A) The Jets would have the HUGE psychological advantage heading into the playoffs and B) The Jets coaching staff would then see how the Bengals try and play the Jets heading into that playoff game with a W tonight.

If we cant beat the Bengals, @ home, in the Meadowlands tonight with the Bengals going 100%, we wouldn't have beat them in Cincy to begin with.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Super Mario;3431568]Did he really do that?

I'm guessing he wanted to screw over the Jets and maybe the Steelers.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I was watching the game.

Weird. Just weird.

The game is either important or it isn't. The 3 vs. 4 seed either matters or it doesn't. Which is it, Bill?

Was this game so important to play all your starters extensively and risk injury?

Or, was the game so meaningless that when you're only down by a TD and have the ball late in the 4th quarter you bench Tom Brady, Randy Moss, etc.?

Maybe the guy has seriously lost his marbles. You combine this episode with the 4th down call against Indy earlier this year and it's almost like Bill Belichick has had a mental breakdown and has 5 different voices in his head arguing about what to do all the time!

My buddy who had the Pats game on said Brady got hit on his INT on the series before and the Texans were throwing alot of blitzes his way...he thinks the cheat pulled him because of that :rolleyes:

I'm thinking aside from screwing the Jets and Fins, he may have had his eyes on making the Steelers task more difficult, as now they need more teams to lose...

If the Ravens win and the Bengals win, won't Cincy have to play the Ravens?
    I think they'd rather not play a division rival.

[QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3431596]If the Ravens win and the Bengals win, won't Cincy have to play the Ravens?
    I think they'd rather not play a division rival.[/QUOTE]

I think they would play either Denver or Pittsburgh.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3431593]Yes. I was watching the game.

Weird. Just weird.

The game is either important or it isn't. The 3 vs. 4 seed either matters or it doesn't. Which is it, Bill?

Was this game so important to play all your starters extensively and risk injury?

Or, was the game so meaningless that when you're only down by a TD and have the ball late in the 4th quarter you bench Tom Brady, Randy Moss, etc.?

Maybe the guy has seriously lost his marbles. You combine this episode with the 4th down call against Indy earlier this year and it's almost like Bill Belichick has had a mental breakdown and has 5 different voices in his head arguing about what to do all the time![/QUOTE]

Give the guy a break!
    He's just learning how to coach without cheating! :D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after that Pats loss, if we win and Baltimore wins then we play the Pats in the 3 vs. 6 game??

hmmm Bellicheat, hmmm

[QUOTE=EZV;3431603]Correct me if I'm wrong, but after that Pats loss, if we win and Baltimore wins then we play the Pats in the 3 vs. 6 game??

hmmm Bellicheat, hmmm[/QUOTE]

Nope, well be the 5 seed.
    5 or nothing.

[QUOTE=EZV;3431603]Correct me if I'm wrong, but after that Pats loss, if we win and Baltimore wins then we play the Pats in the 3 vs. 6 game??

hmmm Bellicheat, hmmm[/QUOTE]

No. We'd be the 5 seed and play Cincinnati.

Ok I was about to say...

thanks for clarifying

While I can't help but think this strange move by Belichick has just a little do to with the Jets, I disagree with people saying there's no difference between #3 & #4. Yeah, you're on the road after the first game, but isn't it possible (or probable) that Cinci would much rather go back to SD after the wildcard round if they win? Especially when they just played there a few weeks ago and were a tied with the Chargers with about a minute to go. Nobody wants Manning - a win against the Jets delays that showdown by a week.

I think this does give Cinci the motivation to play to win. Starters might not go the entire way, but I don't think they're getting pulled early either. The Jets need to jump on top of this team early and change the psyche - otherwise I think they're in for a fight.

Banned
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;3431619]While I can't help but think this strange move by Belichick has just a little do to with the Jets, I disagree with people saying there's no difference between #3 & #4. Yeah, you're on the road after the first game, but isn't it possible (or probable) that Cinci would much rather go back to SD after the wildcard round if they win? Especially when they just played there a few weeks ago and were a tied with the Chargers with about a minute to go. Nobody wants Manning - a win against the Jets delays that showdown by a week.

I think this does give Cinci the motivation to play to win. Starters might not go the entire way, but I don't think they're getting pulled early either. The Jets need to jump on top of this team early and change the psyche - otherwise I think they're in for a fight.[/QUOTE]

Good post. I agree on all counts. If there is a difference with the #5 and #6 seeds...There is an even larger difference with the 3rd and 4th seed.

If the Jets win two playoff games on the road, followed by the 6th seed winning two playoff games on the road, guess what? The Jets (5th seed) would then host the AFC Championship game. The 3rd seed? Much better chance of hosting the AFC Championship game when compared to the 4th, 5th and 6th seeds. It matters.

[QUOTE=EZV;3431594]My buddy who had the Pats game on said Brady got hit on his INT on the series before and the Texans were throwing alot of blitzes his way...he thinks the cheat pulled him because of that :rolleyes:

I'm thinking aside from screwing the Jets and Fins, he may have had his eyes on making the Steelers task more difficult, as now they need more teams to lose...[/QUOTE]

Nah. Couldn't be that. It's hatred for the jets. :yes:

:rolleyes:

The only thing that surprised me was bringing Brady back into the game & leaving him in.

I don't think there was any way BB would have wanted to tie the game & go into OT. If they had scored, I expected them to go for the 2pt conversion to avoid that from happening.

Veteran
    Potentially keeps the Steelers out and also up's the ante for the Jets. Plus it reveals him for the psycho he is.

Nobody cares about the 34 seed or who does or does not get in unless it dictates their first round matchup. I think this was a mental thing. Not for Brady, but for the rest of his team. They have had a nightmare closing games out on the road this year. I think he does not want them to close the year out losing a competitive game.

Banned
    Do you REALLY think that the reason that BB put Hoyer in is because he was afraid of playing the J-E-T-S ? :eek:

I would think he'd WANT the Jets in the playoffs rather than Pitt.:yes:

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3431566]He's a good winner, but he has no heart when he's losing. He's always been a sore loser. Thats BB for ya...

Just watch BB at the 50 yard line after a W...Then keep an eye on BB @ the 50 yard line after a loss...He's Jekyll and Hyde when it comes to winning and losing; it's sad.[/QUOTE]

Let me see if I get your point.

After a win BB is happy and after a loss he is unhappy.

Wow. More groundbreaking insight.

Does Rex act different after wins and loses?

All League
    uh oh; here come the apologists.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2;3431664]Let me see if I get your point.

After a win BB is happy and after a loss he is unhappy.

Wow. More groundbreaking insight.

Does Rex act different after wins and loses?[/QUOTE]

We're thinking of not allowing Rex to eat dinner after losses and will see if that changes behavior!