Thread: Texans or Jets

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Texans or Jets

Who would the Bengals rather play? Do they play for the win vs. Jets to play Houston? :O

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea its official now. If we win we will face the Bengals again.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;3431923]Who would the Bengals rather play? Do they play for the win vs. Jets to play Houston? :O[/QUOTE]

You always play to win...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wouldn't the Bengals much rather play the Texans? Why would any team actually WISH to play the team with the #1 ranked rushing attack, #1 ranked Defense?

The Jets are the much better team, the Bengals will be playing to win tonight. Just the way I wanted it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;3431923]Who would the Bengals rather play? Do they play for the win vs. Jets to play Houston? :O[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3431929]Wouldn't the Bengals much rather play the Texans? Why would any team actually WISH to play the team with the #1 ranked rushing attack, #1 ranked Defense?

The Jets are the much better team, the Bengals will be playing to win tonight. Just the way I wanted it.[/QUOTE]
    Yeah that's why their starting RB, TE, DE, DT and S are all inactive. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=IM3;3431936]Yeah that's why their starting RB, TE, DE, DT and S are all inactive. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

they are playin to win, but on their terms

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3431929]Wouldn't the Bengals much rather play the Texans? Why would any team actually WISH to play the team with the #1 ranked rushing attack, #1 ranked Defense?

The Jets are the much better team, the Bengals will be playing to win tonight. Just the way I wanted it.[/QUOTE]

Use some common sense...

THey are sitting Benson and he wasn't even on the injury report.

Bengals aren't trying and it is smart for them to do so. We'll see Palmer for maybe a quarter. Perhaps even a half but I'd be shocked at that.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Bengals lost to the Texans earlier in the year; I'm not sure who they would rather play.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a tough call if you are the Bengals. Do you want to play the team with an elite defense? Would you rather a rookie QB come to your building as opposed to one of the better young QBs in the league with a pretty damn good offense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VinnieTheLush;3431993]It's a tough call if you are the Bengals. Do you want to play the team with an elite defense? Would you rather a rookie QB come to your building as opposed to one of the better young QBs in the league with a pretty damn good offense.[/QUOTE]

To me it's a no brainer....

Whoever you play, you'd rather play them HEALTHY....what good does it do to play the Jets balls to the wall to beat them and get Houston if they lose a few players along the way?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VinnieTheLush;3431993]It's a tough call if you are the Bengals. Do you want to play the team with an elite defense? Would you rather a rookie QB come to your building as opposed to one of the better young QBs in the league with a pretty damn good offense.[/QUOTE]

It's only a tough call BEFORE you play the game...because they don't get to make this decision with a guarantee of no significant injuries...i.e., if they want to play the Texans, then they have to play the starters and put them at risk.

Is it worth it to take that chance?

Not from where I'm sitting. Look at what AZ did today, and what Vegas is telling you. I'd be shocked if their starters play more than a 1/4, or at most a 1/2

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Rookie QB at Home

or

Schaub , Andre Johnson and team that beat them earlier this year ??

No brainer --- The Bengals play lax tonight !!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Texans BLOW:yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ScottyMo;3432050]Rookie QB at Home

or

Schaub , Andre Johnson and team that beat them earlier this year ??

No brainer --- The Bengals play lax tonight !![/QUOTE]

Exactly....that, and if they do play lax, they limit the risk of injuries.

If I were Lewis, I wouldn't play significant starters AT ALL.

Then if you lose, your team knows that the last game meant nothing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

:rolleyes:

Two words, rookie quarterback.