Thread: Not For Nothing, But....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Not For Nothing, But....

Not for nothing, but by the time this game is over, we will have showed them our entire playbook. We showed them all of our WC/Brad Smith plays, and all our trick plays. I know we 1st have to win this game, but I don't think we should empty the playbook just yet. Now, they get to game-plan on all of these never before seen plays.Not trying to be negative nancy.... Just saying.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets will give them those same looks next week, but run different plays out of them.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=K-Ro 25;3432280]Not for nothing, but by the time this game is over, we will have showed them our entire playbook. We showed them all of our WC/Brad Smith plays, and all our trick plays. I know we 1st have to win this game, but I don't think we should empty the playbook just yet. Now, they get to game-plan on all of these never before seen plays.Not trying to be negative nancy.... Just saying.[/QUOTE]

If we can get a 20+ point lead heading into the half...Like I've been saying all week... We can keep it plain and SIMPLE the 2nd half.

We have yet to show them a play action deep bomb to braylon...Quick slants...trust me, Marty's boy will show them something different during the playoffs with a W tonight.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=K-Ro 25;3432280]Not for nothing, but by the time this game is over, we will have showed them our entire playbook. We showed them all of our WC/Brad Smith plays, and all our trick plays. I know we 1st have to win this game, but I don't think we should empty the playbook just yet. Now, they get to game-plan on all of these never before seen plays.Not trying to be negative nancy.... Just saying.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? We shouldn't empty the playbook in a must-win game? Where does this stuff come from?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Toooon;3432307]Seriously? We shouldn't empty the playbook in a must-win game? Where does this stuff come from?[/QUOTE]

It is born of ignorance.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

what the hell are we saving it for? the off season?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The reason why these plays are working are because of blocking and execution not because they are anything too special.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Bengals have to worry more about getting beat in the trenches than the play calls

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.

Only a Jet fan would be complaining about winning big in a clinching game.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

The Bengals have been physically dominated this game on both sides of the ball. I'm sure they will be worried more about that than be excited that they saw Brad Smith running the option.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets can't even dominate a first half of a playoff clinching a game without some chicken little looking at the negative of it all...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Bengles have played 16 Games. Including one against US

Do you really think Lewis is going ot make them memorize new plays or anything dramatic? Also with us... We have played 16 games... We have nothing to hide.. If a time can stop our run and go by our defense. They deserve to win.

The whole showing the playbook is stupid. We have been using Smith for a couple weeks now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    1) We didn't have any choice but to go all out in this game.

2) Most of the stuff we've shown them is well documented on film already. We're not reinventing the wheel here, or doing anything we haven't done before really.

3) Do you have any idea how complex an NFL playbook is? I'm sure they have other Brad Smith runs they can use, they have other tricks in their bag I'm sure. They can show them one look they saw tonight, and then give them something different, ect.

4) Even if they know it's coming, they still have to stop it. Not sure that's so easy for a team that's gotten manhandled in the trenches tonight.
    Last edited by Ven0m; 01-03-2010 at 10:11 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets gave the Bengals a lot more to prepare for than they had before the game with some of the stuff they did today....

which makes it harder for them.

a lot more stuff to prepare for = harder