Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are the 16H grilling parties a thing of the past?

Hall Of Fame

Are the 16H grilling parties a thing of the past?

I seem to recall reading that.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Yes.

Now, please provide a context for this question.

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;3434721]Yes.

Now, please provide a context for this question.

_[/QUOTE]

I went to the game Sunday night. I was pretty sure 16H was done, but I thought I'd take a peek. I made it to 16D and was just too damn cold. If I thought they were still on, I would have braved the temperature, but I was fairly certain I read they were history.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3434731]I went to the game Sunday night. I was pretty sure 16H was done, but I thought I'd take a peek. I made it to 16D and was just too damn cold. If I thought they were still on, I would have braved the temperature, but I was fairly certain I read they were history.[/QUOTE]

So you were fairly certain and pretty sure you read that, but decided to take a stroll in arctic weather anyways? AND you didnt mention that you were coming so that we could observe your type in person....wtf.

:dunno:

I call....SHENANIGANS!
    Last edited by 32green; 01-04-2010 at 06:10 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;3434740]So you were fairly certain and pretty sure you read that, but decided to take a stroll in arctic weather anyways? AND you didnt mention that you were coming so that we could observe your type in person....wtf.

:dunno:[/QUOTE]

I wasn't supposed to be down there, but I got stuck in suburban Philly over the weekend when Vermont got a 33 inch snowfall-my wife didn't want me driving home. So I drove up to the game and stayed over at the Sheraton across the "street".

Yes I was pretty certain 16H was history , but I figured you guys were worth the trouble in case I was mistaken. But then I said screw it.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3434731]I went to the game Sunday night. I was pretty sure 16H was done, but I thought I'd take a peek. I made it to 16D and was just too damn cold. If I thought they were still on, I would have braved the temperature, but I was fairly certain I read they were history.[/QUOTE]

You were pretty sure it was empty but you were so interested in getting a frozen hotdog and iceskating on a urine puddle at 16H that you started the trek anyway, only deterred when you got so cold that "A...B.....C.....D.....eh screw E, F, G and H" came to mind?

Bummer, because 16H was awesome....and there were boobs! There was also too much beer so they just started giving it away! But only if you took free electric socks [U]with[/U] batteries included. But eh....you turned around. It was a little chilly I guess. :rolleyes: :D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3434747]I wasn't supposed to be down there, but I got stuck in suburban Philly over the weekend when Vermont got a 33 inch snowfall-my wife didn't want me driving home. So I drove up to the game and stayed over at the Sheraton across the "street".

Yes I was pretty certain 16H was history , but I figured you guys were worth the trouble in case I was mistaken. But then I said screw it.[/QUOTE]

There was still a bunch of us there, dweebus, in other lots etc. All you had to do was reach out.

You piss me off.:rolleyes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3434750]You were pretty sure it was empty but you were so interested in getting a frozen hotdog and iceskating on a urine puddle at 16H that you started the trek anyway, only deterred when you got so cold that "A...B.....C.....D.....eh screw E, F, G and H" came to mind?

Bummer, because 16H was awesome....and there were boobs! There was also too much beer so they just started giving it away! But only if you took free electric socks [U]with[/U] batteries included. But eh....you turned around. It was a little chilly I guess. :rolleyes: :D[/QUOTE]

Lol, E, F and G are tough ones. I think he would have found Limo against the fenz with her bucket had he only perservered.

"uh, hello, I'm the poster known as Timmmmy. Where's Fishooked and Sooth?"

:D

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3434750]You were pretty sure it was empty but you were so interested in getting a frozen hotdog and iceskating on a urine puddle at 16H that you started the trek anyway, only deterred when you got so cold that "A...B.....C.....D.....eh screw E, F, G and H" came to mind?

[/QUOTE]
    I put my hand over my eyes like a pirate and scanned for a 16H flag. Didn't see it.....was fairly certain it was done....I was chilly. I was also struggling with exactly how to get to H because I loaded up on beer at the hotel to make up for no alcohol sales at the stadium.

I was looking for some guy with incredible hair, but I figured he had a hat on. You don't get hair like that exposing it to the elements.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3434760]I put my hand over my eyes like a pirate and scanned for a 16H flag. Didn't see it.....was fairly certain it was done....I was chilly. I was also struggling with exactly how to get to H because I loaded up on beer at the hotel to make up for no alcohol sales at the stadium.

[/QUOTE]

Jeebus, you sound like George Bailey on the Bridge before Clarence arrived.

You paint quite a picture.

:O

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;3434759]Lol, E, F and G are tough ones[/QUOTE]

Somewhere on my trip down, I'm not sure if it was NJ or NY, I had to get off on
    an exit 16A. I see exit 16B and I figure I missed it and am thinking about making a U-Turn, but there's no place to turn around. Then, a few miles down the road
    I run into 16A. WTF?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;3434756]There was still a bunch of us there, dweebus, in other lots etc. All you had to do was reach out.

You piss me off.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Like I said it was very last minute, and I had no internet access. Please stop acting like a jilted lover.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;3434756]There was still a bunch of us there, dweebus, in other lots etc. All you had to do was reach out.

You piss me off.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Weren't you at the right wing extremist tailgate?

All League
    Timmy, I got to bust your balls.

You live in VERMONT and you were cold!!?????:huh: Couldn't have be any worse than night skiing at Bolton!!

Now all the flatlanders are gonna make fun of you!!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=2milehighJet;3434779]Timmy, I got to bust your balls.

You live in VERMONT and you were cold!!?????:huh: Couldn't have be any worse than night skiing at Bolton!!

Now all the flatlanders are gonna make fun of you!![/QUOTE]

It's a different kind of cold up here-much drier.

Night skiing in Bolton-I would never do that unless it was in the 40's.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;3434775]Weren't you at the right wing extremist tailgate?[/QUOTE]

Lol, that would have been the best, you bent over the grill tending to your shrimps, CBTNY spouting partisan rhetoric and making peenish jokes and in walks the unannounced visitor from the North as I'm tipping over trying to get my ski pants over my work boots and my thumb bleeding pints into my gloves after the horrific charcoal bag, pocket knife incident....

Gold, jerry, GOLD!!!

All League
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3434786]It's a different kind of cold up here-much drier.

[B]Night skiing in Bolton-I would never do that unless it was in the 40's[/B].[/QUOTE]

And thats still frigid, I moved up from NY in high school, and we would go at least once a week and drink and freeze our butts off, this was before all the good poly-pro gear.....nothing like drinking a beer on the lift and having it freeze!:eek:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=2milehighJet;3434790]And thats still frigid, I moved up from NY in high school, and we would go at least once a week and drink and freeze our butts off, this was before all the good poly-pro gear.....nothing like drinking a beer on the lift and having it freeze!:eek:[/QUOTE]

For the most part east coast skiing sucks, unless you like freezing temperatures and sleet.

All League
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3434792]For the most part east coast skiing sucks, unless you like freezing temperatures and sleet.[/QUOTE]

Thats why I went west! But if you can ski ther, any place is easy!!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=32green;3434789]Lol, that would have been the best, you bent over the grill tending to your shrimps, CBTNY spouting partisan rhetoric and making peenish jokes and in walks the unannounced visitor from the North as I'm tipping over trying to get my ski pants over my work boots and my thumb bleeding pints into my gloves after the horrific charcoal bag, pocket knife incident....

Gold, jerry, GOLD!!![/QUOTE]

all along hoping your steaks would cook before we needed to break out the tanning oil- never mind hoping no one was peering around the corner with a camera to unexpectingly post pictures when a thread is started on the topic of bad hairdo's....

btw- i suspect had I not helped with your ski pants you'd still be in the parking lot trying to figure out that entire concept of getting them over your boots....:yes: