View Poll Results: Who invented Jets "Take Respect" slogan.

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • ARodFLKeysJetsFan

15 75.00%
  • DefenseWinsChampionships2

5 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Who invented the Jets "Take Respect" slogan.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Poll: Who invented the Jets "Take Respect" slogan.

Quick recap

[QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3434758]

[B]My Message to the N.Y. Jets players and coaches is this....[/B]

[B][U]You are going to have to TAKE THE RESPECT that nobody wants to give you,[/U][/B][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3434803]I said it last night [B]before the game.[/B] There are only 3 ways to gain respect.

1: Earn it.
    2: Gain it.
    3: [B]Take it.[/B][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3434812][B]Clearly, the only way the Jets will get any respect is to TAKE IT!!![/B][/QUOTE]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gimme a clue.

Was it spelled correctly?

Was it included in a post over or under 1,000 words?

Did said post contain the phrase "that much better"?

Or the 70s phrase "the rock" in place of the word "football'?

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    I voted Arod b/c I don't think JI's IT equipment could handle the bandwidth necessary for a DWC thank you speech.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3436318]Quick recap[/QUOTE]

When you've literally typed every single word in the dictionary at some point in a post on this website you're bound to have stumbled into typing "take respect" at some point.

Blind nut, meet squirrel.

I vote for Klecko73isGod. Didn't he take respect? I mean, if you didn't give it....he took it, right? Like took it to another site? :erm: :D :P

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3436633]I voted Arod b/c I don't think JI's IT equipment could handle the bandwidth necessary for a DWC thank you speech.[/QUOTE]

Lol.

I have to say ARod also...plus I dont like that for one of the choices of dWC2's question "how do you gain respect" one of the choices was "gain it".

He trickily sangwhiched gain it between earn it and take it to hide the fact he was really only offering two choices.

I dint like that.

Arod just says "whats up, this is it, man, you have to take it, I'll kick your azz" which is harsh but honest just like aROD was before he moved from Key West and became milder.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3436682]
    I have to say ARod also...plus I dont like that for one of the choices of dWC2's question "how do you gain respect" one of the choices was "gain it".

He trickily sangwhiched gain it between earn it and take it to hide the fact he was really only offering two choices.

[/QUOTE]

You strike me as a man with one hell of an SAT score.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If a light bulb was next to Arods post it's his... if not give it to 3rd Bass.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was the first poster to say if the Jets have yet to gain respect, who cares? It's up to the Jets to TAKE IT. ARod said just about the same thing the next day.

But ARod can take credit for this saying. He said it better.

"Here in 09" is good enough for me. The funny thing is, when I was saying "Here in 09" left and right during the offseason, I had no idea it would stick with JI forever.

Now I see Here in Oh 10. I love it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3436707]I was the first poster to say if the Jets have yet to gain respect, who cares? It's up to the Jets to TAKE IT. ARod said just about the same thing the next day.

"Here in 09" is good enough for me. The funny thing is, when I was saying "Here in 09" left and right during the offseason, I had no idea it would stick with JI forever.

Now I see Here in Oh 10. I love it.[/QUOTE]

I gotta find out where Dirtstart, Zaius and AGAW are hanging their hats lately because I dont know how much more I can take of this.

:dunno:

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3436707]I was the first poster to say if the Jets have yet to gain respect, who cares? It's up to the Jets to TAKE IT. ARod said just about the same thing the next day.

Now I see Here in Oh 10. I love it.[/QUOTE]
    You and that Tequila chick would get along great. :rolleyes:

:D

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3436715]I gotta find out where Dirtstart, Zaius and AGAW are hanging their hats lately because I dont know how much more I can take of this.

:dunno:[/QUOTE]

In all fairness he didn't start this thread. We can blame that self absorbed Vermonter.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3436715]I gotta find out where Dirtstart, Zaius and AGAW are hanging their hats lately because I dont know how much more I can take of this.

:dunno:[/QUOTE]

Give him a break, everybody's ripping him off:D

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3436675&postcount=2[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3436723]Give him a break, everybody's ripping him off:D

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3436675&postcount=2[/url][/QUOTE]

I don't need a break from posters around here, doesn't bother me one bit anymore. I've learned to read the negativity, laugh at it, and move on to the next thread/post. One of the best things a MOD has ever done for me on this site was tell me to not complain anymore...It's worked wonders. Now? I just ignore the negativity and enjoy this site for what it's worth...A kick ass site.

50% of Jet posters were "trying" to rip me because I was excited during the offseason, when they simply never had the strength to look @ the roster and coaching staff in the same types of ways that others did. I predicted an 11-5 type of season...I got killed. Hey, we could have went 13-3 or 12-4 this season, but I knew we had a special team that would compete for the playoffs.

50% of JI was saying the Jets would have a horrid rushing attack because A) Thomas Jones is a JAG, B) The Jets have a rookie QB under center which means; C) Opposing D's would stack 8-9 and sometimes 10 men in the box. As a Football fan, I just knew we would have a top 5 rushing attack. Same goes for the D...Was confident in a top 5 Defense the whole time.

It's all good in my eyes Timmy...I've enjoyed this season since the offseason and draft and loving it even more now. I was a realist when talking about the Jets in the playoffs, top 5 rushing attack and Defense along with a playoff trip... Not a homer. But a realist.

As far as this thread goes...I agree, ARod deserves the saying. He said it much better than I did.

I'm leaving the Hangur now...This place just isn't for me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3436828]

I'm leaving the Hangur now...This place just isn't for me.[/QUOTE]

:eek:I'm Yoko Ono.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3436837]:eek:I'm Yoko Ono.[/QUOTE]

More like Coach Comet telling Rudolph to beat it.

Either way, well done Mr. Edwards.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3436633]I voted Arod b/c I don't think JI's IT equipment could handle the bandwidth necessary for a DWC thank you speech.[/QUOTE]

Can't breaking the INternet get you banned?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3436828]I'm leaving the Hangur now...This place just isn't for me.[/QUOTE]

Good decision. You don't want to spread your awesomeness too thin.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3436828]blah, blah, blah, blah, repetitive, repetitive, repetitive, homer, homer, homer, etc., etc., etc.,
    yadda, yadda, yadda.........

[B]I'm leaving the Hangur now...This place just isn't for me[/B].[/QUOTE]

I'm never going back to the Landing Strip.

:alien:

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3437249]Good decision. You don't want to spread your awesomeness too thin.[/QUOTE]

What are you doing here? Finish your dinner dishes early?

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3437249]Good decision. You don't want to spread your awesomeness too thin.[/QUOTE]

One thing I have to say about the kid, it appears he's learned to have a thick skin. Just 6 months ago, we thought he would've attacked someone in retaliation and been banned but he hasn't. I gotta give'em that.