View Poll Results: Who invented Jets "Take Respect" slogan.

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • ARodFLKeysJetsFan

15 75.00%
  • DefenseWinsChampionships2

5 25.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll: Who invented the Jets "Take Respect" slogan.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3437261]One thing I have to say about the kid, it appears he's learned to have a thick skin. Just 6 months ago, we thought he would've attacked someone in retaliation and been banned but he hasn't. I gotta give'em that.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure this is the last site that lets him on. He's screwed if he gets banned.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3437261]One thing I have to say about the kid, it appears he's learned to have a thick skin. Just 6 months ago, we thought he would've attacked someone in retaliation and been banned but he hasn't. I gotta give'em that.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, I wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of the MODS around here. Trust me, you guys have watched my every move: Especially JetsWin. I like the guy, but he scares the living you know what outta me.

On a more serious note, I just don't take these posters as serious anymore when it comes to them going after me...It's all fun & games to me and overall...I just enjoy talking about sports and this site is full of nothing but die hard Jet fans for the most part. During the offseason, I was getting attacked and I attacked back but as of right now...Yeah, I guess I still have a chip on my shoulder, but in a good way... I just never attack back anymore because I know what can happen, it's not worth it.

The best thing that could of happend to me was getting banned during the offseason, because I won't lie...Watching the Jets go 3-0, and not being able to post about it, made me feel "Naked" as a Jets fan...Just wasn't the same.

I do see alot of the same posters going after my each and every post, in years past... I would go back and forth like crazy with them. Now? I just laugh it off because it's too funny at times, it just doesn't bother me anymore.
    Last edited by DefenseWinsChampionships2; 01-05-2010 at 11:20 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3437381]Trust me, I wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of the MODS around here. Trust me, you guys have watched my every move: Especially JetsWin. I like the guy, but he scares the living you know what outta me.

On a more serious note, I just don't take these posters as serious anymore when it comes to them going after me...It's all fun & games to me and overall...I just enjoy talking about sports and this site is full of nothing but die hard Jet fans for the most part. During the offseason, I was getting attacked and I attacked back but as of right now...Yeah, I guess I still have a chip on my shoulder, but in a good way... I just never attack back anymore because I know what can happen, it's not worth it.

The best thing that could of happend to me was getting banned during the offseason, because I won't lie...Watching the Jets go 3-0, and not being able to post about it, made me feel "Naked" as a Jets fan...Just wasn't the same.

I do see alot of the same posters going after my each and every post, in years past... I would go back and forth like crazy with them. Now? I just laugh it off because it's too funny at times, it just doesn't bother me anymore.[/QUOTE]

Brevity...conciseness....those are good things. Might cut down on incoming for you. :yes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3437381]Watching the Jets go 3-0, and not being able to post about it, made me feel "Naked" as a Jets fan.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget, you promised to leave the Hampur yesterday.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Yo He-Man - you have the power!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3436828]
    I'm leaving the Hangur now...This place just isn't for me.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3437381]Trust me, I wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of the MODS around here. Trust me, you guys have watched my every move: Especially JetsWin. I like the guy, but he scares the living you know what outta me.

I do see alot of the same posters going after my each and every post, in years past... I would go back and forth like crazy with them. Now? I just laugh it off because it's too funny at times, it just doesn't bother me anymore.[/QUOTE]

Lol

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3436715]I gotta find out where Dirtstart, Zaius and AGAW are hanging their hats lately because I dont know how much more I can take of this.

:dunno:[/QUOTE]

[img]http://odioescribir.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/taking_crazy_pills1.jpg[/img]

me too.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2
    I said it last night before the game. There are only 3 ways to gain respect.

1: Earn it.
    2: Gain it.
    3: Take it.[/QUOTE]

Wait, wait...So the second way to gain respect is to gain it?

:scratch:
    Last edited by Wall Street; 01-07-2010 at 02:46 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Wall Street Superstar;3439251]Wait, wait...So the second way to gain respect is to gain it?

:scratch:[/QUOTE]

You could also try to acquire it but that obviously didn't make the list this year. Another runner-up was to borrow it but his list was only 3 long and something had to go.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3434803]I said it last night before the game. There are only 3 ways to gain respect.

1: Earn it.
    2: Gain it.
    3: Take it.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Wall Street Superstar;3439251]Wait, wait...So the second way to gain respect is to gain it?

:scratch:[/QUOTE]

You know how when you get a bag of apples and there are good apples on the top and bottom, but crappy apples in the middle because they figure you won't look. It's like that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3439272]You know how when you get a bag of apples and there are good apples on the top and bottom, but crappy apples in the middle because they figure you won't look. It's like that.[/QUOTE]

I think its more like when you were in school, and the teacher asks you the definition of a word, and you try to use that word in the definition.

And while we're at it, respect can not be "taken" since its not an object. It can't even be taken under duress. Ultimately, respect in this context is overrated and its better to be feared.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR suggested the Jets lease respect.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3439399]SAR suggested the Jets lease respect.[/QUOTE]

Hysterical:P

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3437381]Especially JetsWin. I like the guy, but he scares the living you know what outta me.

[/QUOTE]

man, you don't here that everyday :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3439399]SAR suggested the Jets lease respect.[/QUOTE]

I liked SAR a whole lot better when he wasn't doing so much meth.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3440392]man, you don't here that everyday :D[/QUOTE]

really! jw is a *****cat.

If you wanna talk pure unadulterated horror, then you're talking Ches. :eek:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;3441590]
    If you wanna talk pure unadulterated horror, then you're talking Ches. :eek:[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://jaydeanhcr.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/green-acres-12.jpg[/IMG]

[B]
    "Enjoy your vacation!"[/B]