Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Arians Done in Pitts?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Bruce Arians Done in Pitts?

[I]According to Ken Laird of ESPN 1250 in Pittsburgh, Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians is expected to be fired "in the near future."

Arians came under heavy criticism in Pittsburgh for bucking the traditional ground game to go with a pass-heavy offense, often with questionable playcalling. It appears he's being scapegoated for the defense's season-long troubles after he led the offense to one of the most productive seasons in franchise history. His exit will almost certainly lead to fewer pass attempts for Ben Roethlisberger.[/I]

As much as Id love to see Callahan promoted to OC for continuity reasons in the event that Schotty leaves for a HC job or Rex parts ways with him, I wouldnt mind seeing us replace Cavanaugh with Arians.

I think he has been a solid coordinator with a winning history and most importantly experience dealing with a young QB on a team with consistently high expectations.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Post Thanks / Like
    so does this mean i wont be breaking as much stuff next season??? oh wait, ben will still hold on to the ball too damn long.... :D

steelers FO is denying this rumor just for your information

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tthe grass is not always greener, ladies & gentlemen...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bill Callahan FTW. It really IS that simple.

I'd love to have a guy who'll relish being the offensive coordinator for possibly the rest of his coaching life. The dude wants no part of being a head coach again.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3436783]Tthe grass is not always greener, ladies & gentlemen...[/QUOTE]

No kiddiong!

Every teams fans hate their OC when a play doesn't work.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's crazy that the Jets fans want to fire their OC... (he might get a HC job)

and replace him with OC's who just got fired. Hello McFly?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3436792]No kiddiong!

Every teams fans hate their OC when a play doesn't work.[/QUOTE]
    for Arians this has been brewing for a few years. and i am pretty sure ben will be throwing a fit in tomlins office about Arians getting the can.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;3436531]As much as Id love to see Callahan promoted to OC for continuity reasons in the event that Schotty leaves for a HC job or Rex parts ways with him, I wouldnt mind seeing us replace Cavanaugh with Arians.

I think he has been a solid coordinator with a winning history and [B]most importantly experience dealing with a young QB on a team with consistently high expectations[/B].[/QUOTE]

That was Ken Whisenhunt. He was Big Ben's OC from 04-06. Bruce Arians was the WR coach during that period.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3436809]That was Ken Whisenhunt. He was Big Ben's OC from 04-06. Bruce Arians was the WR coach during that period.[/QUOTE]
    unfortunely, ben didnt like coach Wiz because coach Wiz wouldnt put up with his bullcrap.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey, look who it is...still rooting for the Bengals are we? ;)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3436796]it's crazy that the Jets fans want to fire their OC... (he might get a HC job)

and replace him with OC's who just got fired. Hello McFly?[/QUOTE]

Thank you Bit....finally someone who understands!!! Shotty got to the playoffs with a rookie....imagine what they can do with some experience together...I have been sayin this all along....

Yes the defense was the catalyst for making it this year, of course some would argue that as well, but I actually want Shotty to stay....just might be able to build something unforgettable in the years to come with some consistency in our coaching and offensive schemes.....

I'm just sayin'

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whether or not we want Schott gone, it seems quite possible that he *will* get hired as the Bills HC. Which means we have to find another OC. So thinking about OC candidates isn't an insult to Shotty...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3436941]^ Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey, look who it is...still rooting for the Bengals are we? ;)[/QUOTE]
    yes we are, and i am doing it for you rage... ;):D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Tthe grass is not always greener, ladies & gentlemen... [/QUOTE]

Wise man...Steelers fans hate Arians.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 01-05-2010 at 08:30 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3437090]yes we are, and i am doing it for you rage... ;):D[/QUOTE]

Aww... ;)

I'll meetcha here, 7:31PM Saturday right after we send your hated AFCN rivals home to watch the playoffs with the Steelers. You shoud be ashamed of yourself for Bengal-rooting!!! :P

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3436796]it's crazy that the Jets fans want to fire their OC... (he might get a HC job)

and replace him with OC's who just got fired. Hello McFly?[/QUOTE]

So because Arians might get fired, it means he isnt a good coach? Is mike shannahan still a good coach, because, he also was fired. People get fired in order to shake things up, or if they have been preaching the same thing for years...doesnt mean he cant be effective for us.

I couldnt be happier that we are winning and am NOT a consistent complaining jet fan, i just feel like our OC has not done a good job with sanchez. Why did it take 10 weeks and rex to step in for him to preach ball control to sanchez over everything else? We have been winning in spite of schotty and not because of him. We have made the playoffs with him because of a good D and a good running game. I could coordinate our offense if we are running for 5-6 yards a carry.

I hope we win a super bowl with him, and if someone wants to hire him as an HC, then i wish him good luck, and maybe he will be a better HC then playcaller, but i think schottys stats speak for themselves and i simply made a suggestion that sanchez and our offense would be better off with someone new calling the plays....possibly someone with the experience running an offense on a team like ours that won a superbowl.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]So because Arians might get fired, it means he isnt a good coach?[/QUOTE]

No, but Steeler fans hate him and they're almost as experty as we are on this stuff.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's Bruce Arians' fault Troy Polumalu got hurt - that's pretty much the only reason the Steelers didn't win 11 or 12 games and are not in the playoffs right now.

Last 3 seasons look at Big Ben's numbers:

2009: 26 td 12 int 4,328 yards passing
    2008: 17 td 15 int 3,301 (Super Bowl)
    2007: 32 td 11 int 3,154

Yep the guy deserves to be fired. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3437090]yes we are, and i am doing it for you rage... ;):D[/QUOTE]

:lowblow:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3437692]It's Bruce Arians' fault Troy Polumalu got hurt - that's pretty much the only reason the Steelers didn't win 11 or 12 games and are not in the playoffs right now.

Last 3 seasons look at Big Ben's numbers:

2009: 26 td 12 int 4,328 yards passing
    2008: 17 td 15 int 3,301 (Super Bowl)
    2007: 32 td 11 int 3,154

Yep the guy deserves to be fired. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    he is getting fired b/c he couldnt call good plays in the red zone. you can win games on field goals. he couldnt call plays that got the offense in the end zone. and you dont throw the damn ball on 3 and 2, you run it.. his play calling was bad. run on 1st and 2nd downs and then throw on 3rd down no matter what the yardage was.

[QUOTE=SenorGato;3437677]No, but Steeler fans hate him and they're almost as experty as we are on this stuff.[/QUOTE]
    of course we are Senor ;) we are the smartest people in football...lol:D

[QUOTE=RageATL;3437420]Aww... ;)

I'll meetcha here, 7:31PM Saturday right after we send your hated AFCN rivals home to watch the playoffs with the Steelers. You shoud be ashamed of yourself for Bengal-rooting!!! :P[/QUOTE]
    well unfortunely, i wont be able to make it at that time b/c my daughter has cheer competition saturday evening. well its either the bengals or ravens, and i cant stand ray lewis, so i guess its the bengals..lol:P