Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Artie Lange Hospitalized

Artie Lange Hospitalized

I listen occasionally to Howard Stern, and yesterday he said that Artie Lange was hospitalized over Christmas break, and that the family asked him to respect their privacy. Stern also mentioned doing a best of Artie tribute special, so it sounds likes he's off the show.

I know Artie has had some drug problems in the past, but this doesn't sound good.

I know there are a few big Stern fans here, and was wondering what you guys think happened?

dont wish anything bad on any one but he had it coming, hes a slob, drugs alcohol and just a fat pig.

All Pro
    This does not bode well. He had already been asked to take a two week leave and due to Christmas vacation, hadn't been to work in a month.

All kinds of crazy rumors have been flying, like that he drank bleach or made a suicide attempt. There were quite a few rumors that he had been in rehab before that but the show has kept a pretty tight lid on things.

There is no doubt in my mind, however, that he was on something in the last couple of weeks before he was told to stay home. He looked terrible and looked like he was definitely stoned in some fashion.

I read his book and, unfortunately, am not optimistic that he will ever get sober. He has been lying about seeing a shrink for years and doesn't seem to have any willpower whatsoever. But I wish him and his family the very best. I hope he recovers.

It's a shame that he can't stay on the right track.

He's following in the footsteps of Sam Kinnison and Chris Farley.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=msujetfan 89;3436860]It's a shame that he can't stay on the right track.

He's following in the footsteps of Sam Kinnison and Chris Farley.[/QUOTE]

Ironically, Sam Kinnison was sober when he was killed in a car wreck by a drunk in another car.

:eek:

[QUOTE=Cack89;3436847]dont wish anything bad on any one but he had it coming, hes a slob, drugs alcohol and just a fat pig.[/QUOTE]

God bless.

wish him well...still miss jackie though...

[QUOTE=2foolish197;3436890]wish him well...still miss jackie though...[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQSUxN3gFN8&feature=related[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKxr02z2EKA[/url]

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3436893][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQSUxN3gFN8&feature=related[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKxr02z2EKA[/url][/QUOTE]tanks...:D

Veteran
    F Jackie

Jackie was a great writer on the Show and was funny because he was a pain in the azz, Artie started out funny and that ended.

Bring in Brewer, Dipalo, Fitzsimmons or Greg Geraldo all are alot funnier.

I hope he's ok but that's GREAT NEWS if he is off the show, hopefully they bring back jackie.

[QUOTE=jetsnrangers;3437319]F Jackie[/QUOTE]

LOL.

Banned
    [QUOTE=cr726;3437543]Jackie was a great writer on the Show and was funny because he was a pain in the azz, Artie started out funny and that ended.

Bring in Brewer, Dipalo, Fitzsimmons or Greg Geraldo all are alot funnier.[/QUOTE]

Dipaolo or Fitzsimmons would be great sidekicks. There's also Bob Levy. I hope they don't bring Jackie back - I like Jackie but the show really got a lot better after he left and it got even better after Stuttering John left and was replaced by Sal and Richard who are both beasts.

I hope Artie's ok.

I do not think there is any chance of Jackie ever coming back to the show, especially after they way Stern talked about their lunch over the holidays.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    a friend of mine said he heard that he is really depressed and is coming off heroin, so that is why he is in the hospital.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3437639]Dipaolo or Fitzsimmons would be great sidekicks. There's also Bob Levy. I hope they don't bring Jackie back - I like Jackie but the show really got a lot better after he left and it got even better after Stuttering John left and was replaced by Sal and Richard who are both beasts.

I hope Artie's ok.[/QUOTE]

Did you hear what Richard did with Sarah Palin's audio book? Too funny.

If no Jackie then they should fill the spot w/ Sour Shoes

[QUOTE=nyjunc;3437919]If no Jackie then they should fill the spot w/ Sour Shoes[/QUOTE]

+1

Veteran
    Dave Attell or Dave Chappelle interviewed before they hired Artie. Either one would be awesome but with a year left on Howards contract thy will probably bring in different people to fill in. Jackie is not an option, they said it this morning. Been a fan for 20+ years,STERN RULES!!!