Thread: Long time Jets fan from Long Island

Jets Insider VIP

Long time Jets fan from Long Island

Hello all. I guess it's proper to introduce myself so here goes...

I haven't really lurked here or anything so I'll take it a bit slow and see how things are here. From what I can see so far, I like it.

I'm a long time Jets fan. I grew up in a household where my father and brother were both Giants fans but I always liked to travel my own road. I was just a kid in the late 60's when Joe Willie took us to the promised land and I was hooked. Been a Jets fan ever since.

Though I had Jets stuff my whole life, (probably from Sears as a kid) I think my first real jersey was Al Toon's #88. Still haven't bought a Klecko jersey yet but I'll get around to it sooner or later. These days it's a Revis jersey.

I live on Long Island with my wife and 2 kids who are all big Jets fans and even have a dog named Jet. I love going to games and have been splitting a season ticket plan with a buddy of mine where I have been getting a couple of tickets to half of the games.

I was on the Jets season ticket waiting list for a long time and obviously with the new stadium, I got the call from the Jets saying that I could now get tickets. Of course, I jumped at the chance.

I'm looking forward to being at the first real home game in Jets history. And though I have had many great times in the Meadowlands, I wish I could push a button to blow the old stadium up. (Although I hear it's going to be a wrecking ball.) We've waited too damn long to have a place that we can truly say is our home stadium!

But for now, I'm excited about the playoffs. I really like our chances this week and I love the direction that the team is going.

Well, that's it for now.

Go Jets!!!
    Last edited by crossfire; 01-06-2010 at 01:30 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Hey crossfire, welcome to the site man

Jets Insider VIP
    Thanks Buzzsaw!

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    even have a dog named Jet!!!

.... welcome crossfire! ...

... hope it's a big dog that wants to bite the neighborhood dogs and scratch their eyes out when they cross his path!!! ...

l_j_r