Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woody's gonna get trashed over the death of his daughter...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Woody's gonna get trashed over the death of his daughter...

sadly and unfortunately....

listening to the news this morning and they made a point of saying how Casey Johnson "died in squaler in her house which had no heat, water or electricity...her father- New York Jets owner Woody Johnson is said to be devastated"....

no mention of how the parents tried to help this girl....

She lived her own life bro. Woody had nothing to do with it. But still, for a parent to bury their child, no matter the circumstances, is horrible.

All Pro
    I commend Woody for trying to use tough love to get her into rehab. It may not have worked but I think it was their best bet. Poor guy. I'm praying for him and his family.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3437752]She lived her own life bro. Woody had nothing to do with it. But still, for a parent to bury their child, no matter the circumstances, is horrible.[/QUOTE]

not pointing a finger at Woody rather the way the story is being reported by the NY media...

Jets Insider VIP
    She was 30. My understanding is that Woody and other family members have made numerous and consistent efforts over the years to help her. They've used the carrot and the stick. Sometimes people need a pat on the back, other times they need a kick in the ass. I think she's received both over the years and obviously nothing really stuck.

Her priorities were out of whack! She adopted a daughter from Khazakastan or someplace and essentially abandoned her after a while. Her mother has been caring for the girl for a while. Casey had issues and 99% of her problems were self inflicted. She was very good friends with Paris Hilton for a while and was constantly depressed that she never had the fame Paris did.

Casey's life is very tragic and should not have ended this way. But, you can only try to help so many times and in so many ways. At some point you have to realize that she's a big girl and has to take care of herself. I don't think she ever achieved that self reliance and focus. It's sad and I feel very sorry for Woody and her family because I think they honestly tried to help and, no matter how much they did, they'll still live with some guilt and think that they should have done more.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 01-06-2010 at 11:32 AM.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3437725]sadly and unfortunately....

listening to the news this morning and they made a point of saying how Casey Johnson "died in squaler in her house which had no heat, water or electricity...her father- New York Jets owner Woody Johnson is said to be devastated"....

no mention of how the parents tried to help this girl....[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I also read that she bought her fiancee a 17 carat ring. SO, I don't think the issue was that she couldn't afford it.

Jets Insider VIP
    [B]J&J heiress Casey Johnson had high-profile life[/B]

By Jo Piazza, Special to CNN
    STORY HIGHLIGHTS

Casey Johnson, 30, died earlier this week; was heiress to Johnson & Johnson fortune
    Johnson lived expensively, was often in gossip columns
    Johnson was linked to Tila Tequila; they were engaged, according to Tequila

(CNN) -- Heiress and socialite Casey Johnson lived a life of privilege that provided her great freedom -- and made her a frequent topic of gossip columns in the years leading up to her death this week.

The 30-year-old was pronounced dead Monday morning after being discovered by Los Angeles, California, police officers.

Police said there was no evidence of foul play, but after an autopsy Tuesday, the county coroner said the cause of death was still a mystery and ordered toxicology and other tests. Results could take weeks.

Johnson was diagnosed with diabetes as a child and co-wrote a book with her mother and father, "Managing Your Child's Diabetes," in 1994.

She was the daughter of New York Jets owner Robert Wood "Woody" Johnson and socialite Sale Johnson. She was the great-great-granddaughter of Robert Wood Johnson I, co-founder of the Johnson & Johnson company.

"The Johnson family is mourning its tragic loss, and asks for privacy during this very difficult time," a spokesman for the family said in an e-mailed statement. "The Johnson family wishes to thank everyone who has expressed condolences and support during this trying time. Your thoughts and prayers are deeply appreciated. The family has arranged for Casey to be flown back east to her final resting place. There will be a private funeral service later this week for the immediate family."

Casey Johnson was raised in Manhattan and attended prestigious New York schools. She went to Brown University for a short time, but left to intern at the New York City public relations firm owned by Lizzie Grubman.

In 2001, she worked as a beauty editor for the now defunct fashion and celebrity magazine Manhattan File. New York club owner Noel Ashman said he had been playing host to Johnson at his venues since her teenage years.

"She was a sweet and lovable girl, and she was always very nice and gracious," said Ashman, who has owned the clubs Veruka and The Plumm.

In late 2001, she moved to Los Angeles, where she bought a $3.2 million house in Beverly Hills, according to a profile of the heiress in Vanity Fair magazine. Often referred to as the "Band-Aid Heiress," a title she disliked, Johnson was a longtime fixture of gossip columns.

She had a brush with the law in November when she was arrested for allegedly breaking into the home of former friend Jasmine Lennard, a reality television star, and was charged with burglary and receiving stolen property. She pleaded not guilty.

Paris and Nicky Hilton both grew up with Johnson, spending much of their teenage years together in nightclubs and at swanky parties in New York City.

The sisters expressed their grief through their Twitter feeds.

"In bed crying, looking at baby pictures of Casey, Nicky and I. I feel so upset. I feel like I've lost a sister. My heart is broken. Miss her," Paris Hilton posted to Twitter.

Nicky Hilton concurred, posting, "Rest in pace Casey Johnson. I love and miss you so much. You are my best friend, my sister...I am broken without you."

Johnson is survived by her daughter Ava-Monroe. She adopted the girl from Kazakhstan in 2007. Ava has been living with Casey's mother, Sale, for the past several months, according to a family spokesman.

The year before adopting Ava, Johnson told an interviewer she had recently come back from a trip to poverty-stricken Cambodia with a new outlook on life.

She allowed the reporter, from Vanity Fair, to visit her two-story Spanish-style mansion in Los Angeles. That included a room-sized closet with dozens of pairs of designer shoes, but she admitted that amid all the luxury she felt like she had so much more than she would ever need. Still, she said, growing up rich "has its good side."

More recently, after ending a tumultuous relationship with a boyfriend, Johnson began dating women and was recently romantically linked to the flamboyant bisexual reality TV star Tila Tequila.

Tequila's publicist said the two were engaged. On her Twitter page, Tequila wrote late Monday, "Everyone please pray 4 my Wifey Casey Johnson. She has passed away. Thank u for all ur love and support but I will be offline to be w family."

Jets Insider VIP
    No one should ever outlive their own children, no matter what kind of life they may have led.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I think there are enough people around that have dealt with sort of devastating addiction/decline/mental illness, that Woody wont be hammered.

The press has no soul.

There is very little you can do when you are dealing with an adult.

The only thing I could have seen him doing is getting a mental health order to have her involuntarily hospitalized and that is extremely hard to do. I dont doubt that Woody investigated that route.

It is what it is, and all we can do is offer support to Woody and keep an eye on our own kids.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3437725]sadly and unfortunately....

no mention of how the parents tried to help this girl....[/QUOTE]

I normally don't agree with anything you say.

Nice to see nothing has changed.

mo money, mo problems

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=MACPAC;3437918]I normally don't agree with anything you say.

Nice to see nothing has changed.[/QUOTE]

yes-and as you always prove here and on the football forum ignorance is bliss.....

Schluberator & Gadfly

CBNY & Macpac

Do I sense another Martin and Lewis?!!?!?

:D

[QUOTE=MACPAC;3437918]I normally don't agree with anything you say.

Nice to see nothing has changed.[/QUOTE]how do you spell moron..m..a..c..p..a..c...

A person's child has died. Rich or poor makes no difference. Woody did nothing to injure his daughter. Lots of decent people have children that stray - Paul Newman, Kirk Douglas, Bart Starr.
    Anyone that gets on Woody - media or otherwise is a piece of garbage.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3437964]mo money, mo problems[/QUOTE]
    Is Tila entitled to any of Casey's $?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;3438039]A person's child has died. Rich or poor makes no difference. Woody did nothing to injure his daughter. Lots of decent people have children that stray - Paul Newman, Kirk Douglas, Bart Starr.
    Anyone that gets on Woody - media or otherwise is a piece of garbage.[/QUOTE]

don't forget Joe Dimaggio and Johnny Carson...

about 30 minutes ago the same news station which ran the story I started the thread with (CBS 880) is wondering why the daughter of the successor of the Johnson fortune was living in such squaller....

Geebus she was 30.

What she was up to was on HER.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3438108]Is Tila entitled to any of Casey's $?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. But that won't stop her from trying! :rolleyes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3438108]Is Tila entitled to any of Casey's $?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3438230]I doubt it. But that won't stop her from trying! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

The vile gutter-slut referred to Casy as "My wife" in her first twitter after the death....they were not married, so you can see where this is going.

I think Casey was "cut-off" anyhoo....either way, we will be subjected to months of this..... malignancy.... getting her air time...