Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A rallying cry to the fat dudes of JI

A rallying cry to the fat dudes of JI

So I had some health issues back in Sept that put me in the hospital for a week and resulted in having to "take it easy" for awhile... Well I've taken it easy to the tune of a 25 lb weight gain and significant loss of muscle. It's gotten to the point where I avoid looking in the mirror when I get out of the shower for fear it will ruin my day.

I'd like to challenge myself and the other fat dudes of JI to start a work out regement immediately so that we'll be able to enjoy the upcoming spring and summer.

Anyone besides FF2 with me??? :uhhuh:

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    No. I like beer too much AND it's still football season!

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3439935]No. I like beer too much AND it's still football season![/QUOTE]

unacceptable.

Start drinking Mic Ultra and watch the games while on a treadmill.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Pac2566;3439926]So I had some health issues back in Sept that put me in the hospital for a week and resulted in having to "take it easy" for awhile... Well I've taken it easy to the tune of a 25 lb weight gain and significant loss of muscle. It's gotten to the point where I avoid looking in the mirror when I get out of the shower for fear it will ruin my day.

I'd like to challenge myself and the other fat dudes of JI to start a work out regement immediately so that we'll be able to enjoy the upcoming spring and summer.

Anyone besides FF2 with me??? :uhhuh:[/QUOTE]

I lost 30 pounds a couple of years ago but gained about half back. I'm in.

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3439943]I lost 30 pounds a couple of years ago but gained about half back. I'm in.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm talking about Timmy!

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Pac2566;3439940]unacceptable.

Start drinking Mic Ultra and watch the games while on a treadmill.[/QUOTE]

Mich Ultra isn't beer. O'douls has more flavor.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    [QUOTE=CraigFL;3439946]Mich Ultra isn't beer. O'douls has more flavor.[/QUOTE]

+1 but O'Douls is prounced O'sh!ts.

Tell me Pac, does this include you distributing copies of P90X dvd's? Cuz that may make a difference for me.

:D

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Pac2566;3439944]That's what I'm talking about Timmy![/QUOTE]

I was at the last game. We should have like 60,000 guys in here. Jets fans in heavy parkas made for some tight squeezes in the chairs. I was sitting with my arms in mummy position. I think some groups of fans had to get dynamited loose.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3439953]I was at the last game. We should have like 60,000 guys in here. Jets fans in heavy parkas made for some tight squeezes in the chairs. I was sitting with my arms in mummy position. I think some groups of fans had to get dynamited loose.[/QUOTE]

I heard there were some skinny ones who had to be peeled outta some butt cracks! :eek:

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3439951]

Tell me Pac, does this include you distributing copies of P90X dvd's? Cuz that may make a difference for me.

:D[/QUOTE]

No gimmicks Ches... just us fat guys saying enough is enough. We'll actually have to eat less [I]and [/I]work out! :(

[QUOTE=CraigFL;3439946]Mich Ultra isn't beer. O'douls has more flavor.[/QUOTE]

spoken like a non-fat dude.

All League
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3439953]I was at the last game. We should have like 60,000 guys in here. Jets fans in heavy parkas made for some tight squeezes in the chairs. I was sitting with my arms in mummy position. I think some groups of fans had to get dynamited loose.[/QUOTE]

Dude, those chairs are tiny for even an average size fella even in good weather. You'd find those seats at an elementary school auditorium. I pray the seats in the new stadium are a few inches larger.

If you want to lose weight, baby sit a 2 yr old 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. That'll take the pounds off.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    [QUOTE=Pac2566;3439959]No gimmicks Ches... just us fat guys saying enough is enough. We'll actually have to eat less [I]and [/I]work out! :([/QUOTE]

Have you seen that P90X workout? It's a bootcamp from what I hear.

Well.....if I do this, are we gonna have a start date? I mean I need time to straighten up the garage and dust off my weight bench.

I have a really, really good "lift to fail" dumbell workout tape.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    [QUOTE=Big L;3439964]Dude, those chairs are tiny for even an average size fella even in good weather. You'd find those seats at an elementary school auditorium. I pray the seats in the new stadium are a few inches larger.

If you want to lose weight, baby sit a 2 yr old 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. That'll take the pounds off.[/QUOTE]

Put back on from excessive drinking after you get away from the little effer.

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3439967]Have you seen that P90X workout? It's a bootcamp from what I hear.

Well.....if I do this, are we gonna have a start date? I mean I need time to straighten up the garage and dust off my weight bench.

I have a really, really good "lift to fail" dumbell workout tape.[/QUOTE]

My start date is today... feel free to update the thread when you drop the first 5 or 10 off and when you've met your goal. My goal is that 25 pounds. :mad:

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    [QUOTE=Pac2566;3439973]My start date is today... feel free to update the thread when you drop the first 5 or 10 off and when you've met your goal. My goal is that 25 pounds. :mad:[/QUOTE]

Sure, don't wait around for your friends. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3439976]Sure, don't wait around for your friends. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I'm having like an epiphany here... if I wait around I risk moving back to Hostess street.

All League
    I'm in. I gained some "sympathy weight" when my wife was pregnant that I need to drop. I used to do Crossfit but its just to rough on my joints, especially my knees so I figure to get back in the gym where I can add swimming as my cardio.

P90x is NOT for beginners, by the way.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Pac2566;3439980]I'm having like an epiphany here... if I wait around I risk moving back to Hostess street.[/QUOTE]

Hostess Street, like Drakes Street, is ridiculously overpriced. Head down to Little Debbies Avenue instead.:yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I'm insulted you came to the hamper looking for old fat dudes...

btw I'm on Atkins again starting this month, I know I know, but it is the only way I lose weight and I have set the bar pretty high lol