Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: A rallying cry to the fat dudes of JI

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;3669904]Weight Watchers for Men online is $17.95 per month. There is also a free mobile app so I was able to add in my points even while I was out.

Being in the right mental frame of mind is key. But you also have to be realistic. I knew I would be tailgating at every home game so I knew I would not be perfect on those days.

But since I was able to plan ahead, I was good all week and then had a good time at the tailgate. I ate all of the things I wanted to but in moderation.

Then Monday it was right back on weight watchers. Plus I added some extra treadmill work on the days before and after the game. I was able to lose weight during the football season.

But the time between Thanksgiving and New Years was tough. There was no way I was going to be a fool and miss a Thanksgiving dinner so I ate a nice big meal and once again, got right back on WW the next day.

But party after party during the holiday season took a little toll. I exercised more but was eating a little worse more often and gained a few pounds back but only a few. Then right after New Years, I jumped back onto it and lost the weight again easily.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'll use your post as motivation when I finally do take the plunge.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;3669554]I was on Weight Watchers for Men online and did my points every day. If I went to an event like a wedding or something where I didn't keep my points, I just got back on it the next day.

I don't do my points every day anymore although I should because I would still like to lose about 13 pounds. One of my big issues what that I like to eat and ate for the sake of eating. Plus I like ice cream and crap like that.

But even without tracking my points, I have been able to keep the weight off for 8 months. Although I do go back on and track it once in a while to see how well I am eating. I think weight watchers retaught me what I should be eating on a regular basis. I still eat stuff I like but now just more in moderation.

I also was on the treadmill a lot during the weight loss. Especially during the football season because tailgating is not conducive with weight loss. But I haven't been on it much anymore. Instead, I started walking more and just being more active.

But if I had to credit the weight loss to one thing, I would say that I got myself into the proper state of mind before I started. I was fed up being out of shape and decided that I wasn't going to go on a diet, lose the weight and then get fat again right after. I think that is the reason I have been able to keep the weight off so far.[/QUOTE]

Cross

Good stuff....the mental state is key sounds like. I just started a special approach. I just started counting calories on a google spreadsheet accesible to anywhere. Alarming how much we eat and don't realize.

No candy, no alcohol, no calories above 2,400 per day for month of August...we'll see what happens.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3669932]Cross

Good stuff....the mental state is key sounds like. I just started a special approach. I just started counting calories on a google spreadsheet accesible to anywhere. Alarming how much we eat and don't realize.

No candy, [B]no alcohol,[/B] no calories above 2,400 per day for month of August...we'll see what happens.[/QUOTE]

If I cut the beer out of my diet, I'd drop weight like a pregnant woman whose water just broke. First time I did it years ago, I lost 20 pounds in a month. Problem is, I was also a miserable SOB that month and so I haven't done it since. To paraphrase the old joke: "I recently gave up, drinkin', smokin' and chasin' women... It was the worst 5 minutes of my life."

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3669932]Cross

No candy, no alcohol, no calories above 2,400 per day for month of August...we'll see what happens.[/QUOTE]

Before I started weight watchers my wife told me that I would be surprised at how many bite and tastes. In other words, how many times I just ate something small that I wouldn't even think about. Things like eating a few pieces of cheese or a spoonful of peanut butter. Man, I did that kind of stuff a lot. It all adds up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hearby swear to give up beer and soda until 9/13/10

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parkwayjet1;3669963]If I cut the beer out of my diet, I'd drop weight like a pregnant woman whose water just broke. First time I did it years ago, I lost 20 pounds in a month. Problem is, I was also a miserable SOB that month and so I haven't done it since. To paraphrase the old joke: "I recently gave up, drinkin', smokin' and chasin' women... It was the worst 5 minutes of my life."[/QUOTE]

" I can stop smokin anytime... I have done 17 times" I'm an expert.

I'm in good shape but in my upper 40's..I'm struggling to stay lean so this NEW approach is a challenge. I LITERALLY am writing everything down. I just ate a FULL CAN of spinach to help fill me and it was only 60 calories...

the good news... on 8/21, for the JETS/Panters game I am drinking. A LOT!

That's a day off.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3669122]Not for nothing...what are you, FF2@, doing to bring the funny except complaining about the unfunny?

Is there a general unhappiness in your life that you are projecting into this fake place?

Talk to us.

-[/QUOTE]

All good points, I admit.

I'm going to take some time and do some thinking.

Thanks, man.