Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Civil Union vs. Gay Marriage

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does the Bible say about homosexuality? From what I understand, there's almost no mention from Jesus or the four Gospels regarding the subject.

There are in the Bible certain homosexual acts condemned, but these are either part of a list of cultural taboos then considered an abomination such as eating pork, wearing garments of two different fabrics, the cross-breeding of cattle, etc., or the reference is to certain sexual practices that
    are wrong no matter who practices them.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Crease29;3443550]What does the Bible say about homosexuality? From what I understand, there's almost no mention from Jesus or the four Gospels regarding the subject.

There are in the Bible certain homosexual acts condemned, but these are either part of a list of cultural taboos then considered an abomination such as eating pork, wearing garments of two different fabrics, the cross-breeding of cattle, etc., or the reference is to certain sexual practices that
    are wrong no matter who practices them.[/QUOTE]

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."

(Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3443553]"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."

(Leviticus 20:13 NAB)[/QUOTE]

Well there ya go. We must kill the gays.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3443536]No doubt, Crease, but isn't that what we're doing here, just sharing our opinions? :dunno:[/QUOTE]

Serious question here Ham, and I'm not making any implications about the Catholic church as I have a lot of respect for it.

Have you ever wondered why the bible makes very little reference to homosexuality being a sin? I know there is a reference or two in Leviticus,
    which as you know is very confusing-redhead boys shouldn't have bowl haircuts etc. I know there is a reference to men not laying with other men, but homosexuality is hardly addressed at all. I've read most of the passages people used to denounce homosexuality, and most seem mild and vague. I was raised Catholic and I'm familiar with the bible. Relatively minor stuff like gossip and lying is probably addressed hundreds of time. Lust in your heart (which will probably do all of us in anyway) is probably addressed over a thousand times. I just find it odd that homosexuality is hardly talked about, at least compared to other so-called sins.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3443555]Funny :D, but let me ask you a serious question, LIL ...

Is it the entire premise of demons and demonic oppression you reject, or just that premise in regards to homosexuality?

Let me tell you what I mean by that question ...

Do you think someone like Adolph Hitler was "evil"?

Not just wrong, bad or deranged, but "evil" in the biblical sense, meaning influenced by spiritual wickedness?

Now let me be crystal clear, I am not equating homosexuality with such diabolical evil, I am just trying to understand if it is the entire premise of evil you reject?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely unequivocally don't believe in demons or "spiritual evil." Both remove responsibility from the person engaging in destructive acts and place them on a fictitious homunculus. Identifying an act as evil does not require God, the Bible, or Satan. If one cherishes human life and has ethical values that others should not be harmed unless the conditions are so perilous that greater harm will ensue, you will know evil when you see it. Occam's Razor, Ham. The Wheel of perfect cause and effect. But no demons.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3443553]"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."

(Leviticus 20:13 NAB)[/QUOTE]

Let's not forget this gem from our Catholic brothers... from here on I only masturbate to derive intellectual pleasure... ;)

The [URL="http://www.jetsinsider.com/wiki/Catechism_of_the_Catholic_Church"]Catechism of the Catholic Church[/URL] lists masturbation as one of the "Offenses Against [URL="http://www.jetsinsider.com/wiki/Seven_virtues#Seven_heavenly_virtues"]Chastity[/URL]:"
    [INDENT]By masturbation is to be understood the deliberate stimulation of the genital organs in order to derive sexual pleasure. "Both the Magisterium of the Church, in the course of a constant tradition, and the moral sense of the faithful have been in no doubt and have firmly maintained that [B]masturbation is an intrinsically and gravely disordered action[/B]." "The deliberate use of the sexual faculty, for whatever reason, outside of marriage is essentially contrary to its purpose." For here sexual pleasure is sought outside of "the sexual relationship which is demanded by the moral order and in which the total meaning of mutual self-giving and human procreation in the context of true love is achieved." To form an equitable judgment about the subjects' moral responsibility and to guide pastoral action, one must take into account the affective immaturity, force of acquired habit, conditions of anxiety or other psychological or social factors that lessen, if not even reduce to a minimum, moral culpability.[URL="http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/#cite_note-5"][6][/URL][/INDENT]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure when WF started this thread he had fairly low expectations.

Then Ham comes through with his exorcism post.

Only on JI.

Only on JI.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3443563]Serious question here Ham, and I'm not making any implications about the Catholic church as I have a lot of respect for it.

Have you ever wondered why the bible makes very little reference to homosexuality being a sin? I know there is a reference or two in Leviticus,
    which as you know is very confusing-redhead boys shouldn't have bowl haircuts etc. I know there is a reference to men not laying with other men, but homosexuality is hardly addressed at all. I've read most of the passages people used to denounce homosexuality, and most seem mild and vague. I was raised Catholic and I'm familiar with the bible. Relatively minor stuff like gossip and lying is probably addressed hundreds of time. Lust in your heart (which will probably do all of us in anyway) is probably addressed over a thousand times. I just find it odd that homosexuality is hardly talked about, at least compared to other so-called sins.[/QUOTE]

Certain things go without saying. Cheating, stealing, adultry, killing etc.

Certain other things even God may not have imagined. ie. thou shall not create a ponzi scheme.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MACPAC;3443858]Certain things go without saying. Cheating, stealing, adultry, killing etc.

Certain other things even God may not have imagined. [B]ie.[/B] thou shall not create a ponzi scheme.[/QUOTE]

ie. is short for [I]id est[/I], which is Latin for "That is" or "In other words".

You should have used eg., short for [I]exempli gratia[/I], which is Latin for "For example".

Dumb Chowds.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3442836]Those who are here illegally often don't have an insurance. [/QUOTE]

Doesnt stop 'em from driving and breaking the law.

[QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3442836] Gay people getting married is not a danger to other people. It's not about making other people feel better, it's about all people having the same rights under the law, gay or straight[/QUOTE]

It's not about equality. It's about forcing society to put a Good Housekeeping seal on abnormal behavior by making it legally equivalent to which is normal through backdoor methods/judicial declaration.

To equate it with past civil rights movements does all a great disservice.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;3444443]Doesnt stop 'em from driving and breaking the law.

It's not about equality. It's about forcing society to put a Good Housekeeping seal on abnormal behavior by making it legally equivalent to which is normal through backdoor methods/judicial declaration.

To equate it with past civil rights movements does all a great disservice.[/QUOTE]

Whooo cares a ****t!!! J__E_TS!!! Bengalks like my bung!!!!!!!:rolleyes: