Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: The "I Know We're Going To Lose Today, We're Definitely Going To Lose Today" Thread

  1. #1
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0

    The "I Know We're Going To Lose Today, We're Definitely Going To Lose Today" Thread

    I've been a Jets fan since 1980 and I know a loss when I see it. Here's what's working against us:

    1. Away game.

    2. Late afternoon game.

    3. Cold weather.

    4. Angry crowd.

    5. National TV.

    6. Humiliated opponent.

    7. False sense of abilities.

    8. Opponent we don't respect.

    9. Quarterback inconsistency.

    Not only are we going to lose, we may not get more than 6 points. I've seen this movie before. No, not Same Old Jets. Just not a good team with a culture that's not completely corrected yet. Instead of getting sick on Saturday afternoon, I'm just going to get sick now. Will make it easier to take that way.

    SAR I

  2. #2
    Stop. Stop it. Stop it now. Please stop it already. Stop being a worry wart. Enjoy the moment. These are not you Father's Jets. The Same Old ________ are gone. If you don't start believing in them, who will? Please, for the love of God, be positive, extend positive energy, free your mind of the Jets of the past, and will this team to Victory

  3. #3
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by el_dub80 View Post
    Stop. Stop it. Stop it now. Please stop it already. Stop being a worry wart. Enjoy the moment. These are not you Father's Jets. The Same Old ________ are gone. If you don't start believing in them, who will? Please, for the love of God, be positive, extend positive energy, free your mind of the Jets of the past, and will this team to Victory
    No. They've sucked me in again.

    Just got back from Vegas. 5 hour flight. Just me, my thoughts, and the Jets. I sat there listening to drippy Barry Manilow songs fantasizing what it would actually feel like to win it all. I'm sitting there crying on a plane. Then, it hit me. It's Atlanta all over again. Was 100% positive we were going to beat the Falcons after getting the gift of life from the Colts. WHAM. Nope.

    We're going to get trounced tomorrow. I can't stand it. Now if I could only get "Looks Like We Made It" out of my head.

    SAR I

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,843
    Quote Originally Posted by el_dub80 View Post
    Stop. Stop it. Stop it now. Please stop it already. Stop being a worry wart. Enjoy the moment. These are not you Father's Jets. The Same Old ________ are gone. If you don't start believing in them, who will? Please, for the love of God, be positive, extend positive energy, free your mind of the Jets of the past, and will this team to Victory
    Even if they do lose today, this still holds true. I absolutely believe that. I just hope enough Jet fans here read and remember it.

  5. #5
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Colemonster View Post
    Even if they do lose today, this still holds true. I absolutely believe that. I just hope enough Jet fans here read and remember it.
    The defense is going to play well enough to win. So will the running game, special teams, and even the coaching.

    We're going to fall behind early and Sanchez is going to have to put it in the air a lot, and that's the end of that.

    SAR I

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,371
    1. Are we wearing green pants tomorrow?
    2. Pick one and discuss: Nadal, 3D TV, flexible eBook readers......anything except your reasons for the Jets losing.
    3. Did you see Air Supply on the flight?



    Welcome back, man. We're winning tomorrow, buddy.

  7. #7
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,464
    I'm TJ&TW and I approve of this reverse jinx.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Just got back from Vegas.

    SAR I
    Vacation?

    Where did you stay?

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,371
    I want your pictures from CES.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    No. They've sucked me in again.

    Just got back from Vegas. 5 hour flight. Just me, my thoughts, and the Jets. I sat there listening to drippy Barry Manilow songs fantasizing what it would actually feel like to win it all. I'm sitting there crying on a plane. Then, it hit me. It's Atlanta all over again. Was 100% positive we were going to beat the Falcons after getting the gift of life from the Colts. WHAM. Nope.

    We're going to get trounced tomorrow. I can't stand it. Now if I could only get "Looks Like We Made It" out of my head.

    SAR I
    We lost to the falcons BEFORE we played the colts....

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,843
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The defense is going to play well enough to win. So will the running game, special teams, and even the coaching.

    We're going to fall behind early and Sanchez is going to have to put it in the air a lot, and that's the end of that.

    SAR I
    We'll see. I agree with you completely on Point A. I'm just hoping somehow Sanchez makes that huge leap forward. That he will at some point I have no doubt. The question is: will it be this week and this season? Or will we have to wait a little while longer?

  12. #12
    This game has the Jets-Cowboys debacle on Thanksgiving on national TV a few years back all over it...

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I want your pictures from CES.
    There are some here: http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010...s-and-garters/

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    4,132
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    No. They've sucked me in again.

    Just got back from Vegas. 5 hour flight. Just me, my thoughts, and the Jets. I sat there listening to drippy Barry Manilow songs fantasizing what it would actually feel like to win it all. I'm sitting there crying on a plane. Then, it hit me. It's Atlanta all over again. Was 100% positive we were going to beat the Falcons after getting the gift of life from the Colts. WHAM. Nope.
    We're going to get trounced tomorrow. I can't stand it. Now if I could only get "Looks Like We Made It" out of my head.

    SAR I
    Dude, your chronology is all out of whack....

  15. #15
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    Dude, your chronology is all out of whack....
    See how confused I am? It's as if I'm gRunK when I'm not.

    I hate playoff football. HATE it.

    SAR I

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,843
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    See how confused I am? It's as if I'm gRunK when I'm not.

    I hate playoff football. HATE it.

    SAR I
    HAHA. You love it and you know it!

  17. #17
    You need to keep starting these threads until the Jets lose. Whats funny is all the negatives you point out I am sure they are in a lot of Jets fan heads Including mine, I am so happy you have been wrong the last few weeks lest keep it going.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Posts
    21,029
    The chances of Sanchez playing like something resembling an NFL qb for 4 weeks straight are slim.. Don't sweat it until atleast the championship.. just gravy at this point

  19. #19
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    1. Are we wearing green pants tomorrow?
    2. Pick one and discuss: Nadal, 3D TV, flexible eBook readers......anything except your reasons for the Jets losing.
    3. Did you see Air Supply on the flight?

    Welcome back, man. We're winning tomorrow, buddy.
    I saw all the 3D offerings from Sony, Panasonic, LG, Samsung, etc. and what I can report is that it's disappointing and not ready for primetime.

    Deep blacks become grey, HD loses its definition, there's that ghost-like haze around everything, and each manufacturer has their own proprietary glasses that you have to wear and they're heavy and uncomfortable.

    3D TV is being rushed to market as the "next big thing" merely as a way for the majors to one-up each other and try to get us to refresh our HDTV's way, way too early. I'd rather they focus on getting the satellite and cable providers to stop cheating the bandwith. That's the bigger priority right now.

    No Air Supply, but I sat next to the hottest 45 year old divorced milf you've ever seen in your whole life. When she slipped off her cowboy boots to take a nap I was this close to getting a blanket and some napkins and relieving my feelings of inner lust.

    Either way, 3D TV, Air Supply, Milf boot woman.....we're losing tomorrow and I makes me really, really sad.

    SAR I

  20. #20
    I, am going to stay positive, almost as if I were on an anti-depressant high. I will not believe they can lose. I refuse. They ripped my guts out too much this year. This team FEELS different. Maybe they sucked me in too, but I think they can get it done tomorrow

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us