Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chargers Fans Very Confident

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Chargers Fans Very Confident

[url]http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=76514[/url]

Most of them predicting a blowout. Some are referring to last year's game, show's how much their fans know about football. :D

Almost every score has the Chargers in the 30's in points and winning by at least 2 TDs.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If my team had won 12 in a row and was facing a rookie qb at home I would be confident as well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They should be confident. The Chargers are the hottest team in the NFL (11 straight wins) but I think they're in for a big surprise :D:yes:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    They have great offensive firepower. They have a very talented defense.

I don't see why their fans shouldn't be ridiculously confident.

The only problem is, if Sanchez plays like that the rest of the playoffs, the Jets are winning the Superbowl. Since he still needs to prove he can keep this up, I see no reason why they shouldn't be confident.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They deserve to be confident. Doesn't mean Jets can't win though.

Atleast we won't have to worry about LT since he always seems to be sitting on the sidelines with his helmet on come playoff time.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Chargers WERE hot...But they haven't played Football for going on 2 weeks by the time the Jets play em tough... They could be FLAT next Sunday.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't blame them, they should be. They were my favorites to win it all a few weeks before the playoffs started. I think we can beat them, but they have every right to be confident.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VinnieTheLush;3448281]I don't blame them, they should be. They were my favorites to win it all a few weeks before the playoffs started. I think we can beat them, but they have every right to be confident.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, they are a good program and Rivers is the real deal with some studs to throw to.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3448268]Atleast we won't have to worry about LT since he always seems to be sitting on the sidelines with his helmet on come playoff time.[/QUOTE]

He's also not very good to be honest. Jets have two backs better than LT. Even injured Leon could average more than LT's pathetic 3.3 ypc (and he's not even on a pass-first team).

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TD C-Mart;3448290]He's also not very good to be honest. Jets have two backs better than LT. Even injured Leon could average more than LT's pathetic 3.3 ypc (and he's not even on a pass-first team).[/QUOTE]

Agreed. LT is not the same back he was two years ago. The Chargers have ran him into the ground and he is just an average running back now. Sproles is the one that worries me. He is so small, the defense has trouble finding him behind his offensive line.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They have every reason to be confident.

Doesn't mean they'll be proven right.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets can do this. I firmly believe in that. I don't care what the Chargers' fans think. The Jets are a good team, and when their rookie QB plays like he did last night, they can beat anyone. The Jets match up with the Chargers well.

We'll see what happens. The last time the Jets went out to SD for a playoff game, the Jets won.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I guess there are 53 players, plus a coaching staff who thinks they can go to San Diego and win.

It's going to be the Sunday afternoon game, and I'm going to be INSANE for this one.

Yes, the Chargers are favored

Yes, the Chargers should win on paper

Yes, that's why they play the game

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rivers like to dump the ball to Gates and Sproles on play action and short passes. They will be looking to do that since Revis will do his thing. I dont think anyones getting blown out by any means.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    anytime you can bypass Peyton Manning for a week is a good deal in my book, idc who it is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They have every right to be. I know if the Jets were the 2nd seed and on an 11-game winning streak, this place would be pretty damn giddy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3448304]The Jets can do this. I firmly believe in that. I don't care what the Chargers' fans think. The Jets are a good team, and when their rookie QB plays like he did last night, they can beat anyone. The Jets match up with the Chargers well.

We'll see what happens. The last time the Jets went out to SD for a playoff game, the Jets won.[/QUOTE]

Totally. Chargers can't stop the run, AND their defense isn't nearly what the Bengals' defense is.

Chargers defense ranked 16th in the league overall.
    22nd in points allowed.
    11th against the pass (have given up 23 TD passes).
    20th against the run

Our offense is going to run against them. There is nothing they can say or do about it while they're on defense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    look at whom the chargers have beaten and get back to me. its really not THAT impressive

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3448268]They deserve to be confident. Doesn't mean Jets can't win though.

Atleast we won't have to worry about LT since he always seems to be sitting on the sidelines with his helmet on come playoff time.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Jets match up well against them. I figure this to be a dogfight!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's all gonna come down to who can get the other team to play the other team's game. If it's a grind it out slugfest, low scoring game, then I love our chances. If they turn it into a shootout we don't have a chance...