Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chargers Fans Very Confident

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JohnnyJet;3448328]look at whom the chargers have beaten and get back to me. its really not THAT impressive[/QUOTE]

They still won 11 in a row, impressive by any means. They've blown out some, and squeaked by others. We've lost a lot of close games, so they can finish them.

Haven't played us though.....:rolleyes::yes::D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not saying it will be against the Jets - but Norv Turner will implode during the playoffs at some point like he has every other time. I can't see Norv outsmarting Rex in a big game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DevsJetsYanks88;3448313]They have every right to be. I know if the Jets were the 2nd seed and on an 11-game winning streak, this place would be pretty damn giddy.[/QUOTE]

Yep

I have no problem with Charger fans being confident, we are the underdog, and it's exactly where I like it for our team.

Pressure is on the Chargers though.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JohnnyJet;3448328]look at whom the chargers have beaten and get back to me. its really not THAT impressive[/QUOTE]
    You're right actually. They obviously beat some teams, like the Cowboys and Eagles and Broncoes. Then they beat the Browns, Chiefs, Raiders, Redskins, etc. The Cowboys game they won once DeMarcus Ware went down. They barely beat the Giants.

This Jets can beat these guys.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Regular Season Schedule/Results
    WK DATE OPPONENT RESULT W-L HI PASSING HI RUSHING HI RECEIVING
    1 Mon, Sep 14 @ Oakland W 24-20 1-0
    2 Sun, Sep 20 Baltimore L 26-31 1-1
    3 Sun, Sep 27 Miami W 23-13 2-1
    4 Sun, Oct 4 @ [COLOR="Red"]Pittsburgh L[/COLOR] 28-38 2-2
    5 BYE WEEK
    6 Mon, Oct 19 Denver L 23-34 2-3
    7 Sun, Oct 25 @ Kansas City W 37-7 3-3
    8 Sun, Nov 1 Oakland W 24-16 4-3
    9 Sun, Nov 8 @ NY Giants W 21-20 5-3
    10 Sun, Nov 15 [COLOR="red"]Philadelphia[/COLOR] W 31-23 6-3
    11 Sun, Nov 22 @ Denver W 32-3 7-3
    12 Sun, Nov 29 Kansas City W 43-14 8-3
    13 Sun, Dec 6 @ Cleveland W 30-23 9-3
    14 Sun, Dec 13 @ [COLOR="red"]Dallas [/COLOR]W 20-17 10-3
    15 Sun, Dec 20 [COLOR="red"]Cincinnati[/COLOR] W 27-24 11-3
    16 Fri, Dec 25 @ Tennessee W 42-17 12-3
    17 Sun, Jan 3 Washington W 23-20 13-3

red=winning record..

alot of the other teams were 8-8..to be fair but i think since there starters would have gone 3 weeks without playing and since they dont have a great run D..if we can play the same solid ball as this week we have a helluva shot!!! i wanted this matchup ..colts way more battle tested!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RSJ;3448334]I'm not saying it will be against the Jets - but Norv Turner will implode during the playoffs at some point like he has every other time. I can't see Norv outsmarting Rex in a big game.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% Norv has NEVER.......EVER....out thought any HC in a must win game!!!! That alone gives the Jets a Great chance to win this game!!!:eek:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have said this before in other threads. Don't expect anything but a really tough game from the Chargers. The stats do not really show how they have performed over the last 6 or 7 games, they encompass the complete season. They had a very slow start like they usually do, but I have to say they have gotten alot better on D than the stats are showing you. Yes they are vulnerable at times, but believe me i have watched them all year and they have risen to the occasion when they needed to. I don't think you can compare them to us with just the stats. Goal line stands against Philly and Dallas that were extremely impressive and I mean 4 downs inside the 5.

Don't get me wrong, I think we can win but the Chargers scare me more than Indy. We are playing with the big boys now from here on out, I think we belong but I am still nervous about this coming game.

I'm just sayin'.......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Hepcat09;3448365]I have said this before in other threads. Don't expect anything but a really tough game from the Chargers. The stats do not really show how they have performed over the last 6 or 7 games, they encompass the complete season. They had a very slow start like they usually do, but I have to say they have gotten alot better on D than the stats are showing you. Yes they are vulnerable at times, but believe me i have watched them all year and they have risen to the occasion when they needed to. I don't think you can compare them to us with just the stats. Goal line stands against Philly and Dallas that were extremely impressive and I mean 4 downs inside the 5.

Don't get me wrong, I think we can win but the Chargers scare me more than Indy. We are playing with the big boys now from here on out, I think we belong but I am still nervous about this coming game.

I'm just sayin'.......[/QUOTE]

Agree with a lot of points. I watched them against the Titans and they completely dismantled them on the road, it wasn't even funny. Siler has filled in nicely in the middle and has been strong against the run but their front three is very weak. The Jets should be able to get them on play action. That win at Dallas was impressive but well, we aren't a cold team right now either. Rivers is a big game QB and has shown his toughness in the past. We'll see what happens...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Hepcat09;3448365]I have said this before in other threads. Don't expect anything but a really tough game from the Chargers. The stats do not really show how they have performed over the last 6 or 7 games, they encompass the complete season. They had a very slow start like they usually do, but I have to say they have gotten alot better on D than the stats are showing you. Yes they are vulnerable at times, but believe me i have watched them all year and they have risen to the occasion when they needed to. I don't think you can compare them to us with just the stats. Goal line stands against Philly and Dallas that were extremely impressive and I mean 4 downs inside the 5.

Don't get me wrong, I[B] think we can win but the Chargers scare me more than Indy. [/B]We are playing with the big boys now from here on out, I think we belong but I am still nervous about this coming game.

I'm just sayin'.......[/QUOTE]

couldnt disagree more..colts much tougher out

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets D hasn't given up more than 15 points in almost 2 months and most of those clowns have the Chargers scoring in the high 30's. I hope their team is underestimating us as much as the fan base is.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3448315]Totally. Chargers can't stop the run, AND their defense isn't nearly what the Bengals' defense is.

Chargers defense ranked 16th in the league overall.
    22nd in points allowed.
    11th against the pass (have given up 23 TD passes).
    20th against the run

Our offense is going to run against them. There is nothing they can say or do about it while they're on defense.[/QUOTE]

Chargers are also 31st in rushing offense. That's our weakness on defense. We're number uno against the pass so it should be a very good game. I think we match up well with the Chargers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of all the QB's we could face in the playoffs....RIVERS is the one who can most definately be rattled out of his game.....punch him in his motherfuggin mouth and you will see him with happy feet and paranoia.

My prediction is that the team with the least turnovers will win this game.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    SD Charger fans should be excited and confident. The team that they love and enjoy just had a 13-3 regular season record with a 1st round bye.

But at the same time: If they knew how great our Defense was under Rex Ryan, if they knew that our Pass Defense ranked #1 in the league, if they knew we average 170+ rushing yards per game...I'm pretty confident that those fans would no longer be as confident.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;3448303]They have every reason to be confident.

Doesn't mean they'll be proven right.[/QUOTE]

+1

They are a very good team, who have won 11 strait.

They've also not played their starters for (what will be bu Sunday) three weeks, they're weak against the Run, and they rely on outscoring their opponents.

We should be respectful, the Chargers are a very good team. But so are we, and the #1 Defense and #1 Rushing Attack is something to respect.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3448248]If my team had won 12 in a row and was facing a rookie qb at home I would be confident as well.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=stinkyB;3448249]They should be confident. The Chargers are the hottest team in the NFL (11 straight wins) but I think they're in for a big surprise :D:yes:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=VinnieTheLush;3448281]I don't blame them, they should be. They were my favorites to win it all a few weeks before the playoffs started. I think we can beat them, but they have every right to be confident.[/QUOTE]Yea, us fans are confident and we should be. We're not afraid of the Jets.

That said, I guarantee you the Chargers are not overlooking the Jets. Everyone in the org knows for certain that the team best not overlook anyone. It's the postseason. It doesn't even matter who you're playing. If you're not ready to play your best ball you're gonna lose to whomever you play.

Most of us fans are not overlooking the Jets either. What the Jets have to do to win is force turnovers and get constant pressure on PR. If they can do that consistently for 60 minutes they will definitely have a shot at winning.

Let me put it this way, hard for me to see the Jets blowing SD out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BoltsFan;3448774]Yea, us fans are confident and we should be. We're not afraid of the Jets.

That said, I guarantee you the Chargers are not overlooking the Jets. Everyone in the org knows for certain that the team best not overlook anyone. It's the postseason. It doesn't even matter who you're playing. If you're not ready to play your best ball you're gonna lose to whomever you play.

Most of us fans are not overlooking the Jets either. What the Jets have to do to win is force turnovers and get constant pressure on PR. If they can do that consistently for 60 minutes they will definitely have a shot at winning.

Let me put it this way, hard for me to see the Jets blowing SD out.[/QUOTE]

I bet you were very confident in 05 playoffs vs Jets too

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RSJ;3448334]I'm not saying it will be against the Jets - but Norv Turner will implode during the playoffs at some point like he has every other time. I can't see Norv outsmarting Rex in a big game.[/QUOTE]Did you catch the November 25th, 2007 game against the Ravens?

Trust me, it could happen. :cool:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3448786]I bet you were very confident in 05 playoffs vs Jets too[/QUOTE]Not as confident as I am in this team. We've still got about 22 guys who played in that game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SyracuseJet;3448244][url]http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=76514[/url]

Most of them predicting a blowout. Some are referring to last year's game, show's how much their fans know about football. :D

Almost every score has the Chargers in the 30's in points and winning by at least 2 TDs.[/QUOTE]

Good for them. Hopefully the SD players are taking the same attitude.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=hatnlvr;3448824]Good for them. Hopefully the SD players are taking the same attitude.[/QUOTE]I guarantee you they're not. This years team knows better.