Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Asking the Jets to beat the Chargers AND Colts might be asking for too much.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Asking the Jets to beat the Chargers AND Colts might be asking for too much.

The chargers and Colts are 2 teams that if they won the superbowl nobody would be shocked the least bit. If the Jets even manage to beat the chargers its a HUGE deal. What shouldn't be overlooked is that they may have to go to Indy and beat Peyton who if they beat the Ravens pretty much beat a team very similar to us. The Ravens D is a little bit better equipped to deal with the Colts cause although they aren't as talented as our Defense the can recognize formations and etc. Bart Scott just said on the NFL network in a interview that the Jets D will be much better next year which is scary and that they aren't where they should be cause they aren't recognizing certain things. This tells me the team is pretty raw and reacts more than anticipates in certain areas. Still have the league's #1 defense true but when you are playing against the Colts you really need to be on your X's & O's and coaching could only do so much cause Peyton switches everything around on the line.

Just saying I see a lot of Superbowl talk and I'm excited just like everyone else but there's a strong chance to get the Superbowl the New York Jets may have to beat the Chargers on the road and the Colts on the road. Lets just focus on this Chargers game before we get too excited. I don't see any Cowboy fans or Colts fan or even Saints fans looking for Superbowl tickets yet. I see Jet fans talking about the Superbowl and I'm like "wow" .... I don't think some of you realize what the Jets would have to do just to get there..... The Bengals are an organization kind of similar to us. The Chargers & Colts are consistently knocking down on that door. This year is a strong step no matter what happens from here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares? This is a fun time for all of us. We all know the Chargers game won't be easy by any means.

No offense to you but I hate when people say "lets focus on this game". If someone wants to look ahead why not? We're not playing in the game...we are fans. We talk about all kinds of outlandish things. Just enjoy the ride while it's still happening.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nino Bless View Post
    Just saying I see a lot of Superbowl talk and I'm excited just like everyone else but there's a strong chance to get the Superbowl the New York Jets may have to beat the Chargers on the road and the Colts on the road. Lets just focus on this Chargers game before we get too excited. I don't see any Cowboy fans or Colts fan or even Saints fans looking for Superbowl tickets yet. I see Jet fans talking about the Superbowl and I'm like "wow" .... I don't think some of you realize what the Jets would have to do just to get there..... The Bengals are an organization kind of similar to us. The Chargers & Colts are consistently knocking down on that door. This year is a strong step no matter what happens from here.
    Brilliant.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Colts are going home on Saturday...

Managements decision to not go for perfection took the wind from under neath the the teams sails...the look on Manning's safe said it all...

Baltimore is going to hit them in the mouth and knock them out on Saturday...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    We're not asking the Jets to beat the Chargers and the Colts.

We're asking the Jets to beat the Chargers, then the Colts.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm more worried about the Ravens than Colts as a Jets fan.

The Ravens have a great Defense and strong rushing attack... The Colts are a soft team. The Ravens? Tough as nails.

The ONLY reason why I'm pulling for the Ravens over the Colts, is because I've been dreaming of an AFC Championship game @ Home for a while now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    2007: Asking the Giants to beat the Cowboys AND the Packers might be asking for too much

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    After we beat the Chargers, I would defenatly rather play Baltimore. We can stuff the running game and force Flacco to throw which he looked uncomfortable doing on Sunday. Not to mention we have the number 1 pass defense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nino Bless View Post
    The chargers and Colts are 2 teams that if they won the superbowl nobody would be shocked the least bit. If the Jets even manage to beat the chargers its a HUGE deal. What shouldn't be overlooked is that they may have to go to Indy and beat Peyton who if they beat the Ravens pretty much beat a team very similar to us. The Ravens D is a little bit better equipped to deal with the Colts cause although they aren't as talented as our Defense the can recognize formations and etc. Bart Scott just said on the NFL network in a interview that the Jets D will be much better next year which is scary and that they aren't where they should be cause they aren't recognizing certain things. This tells me the team is pretty raw and reacts more than anticipates in certain areas. Still have the league's #1 defense true but when you are playing against the Colts you really need to be on your X's & O's and coaching could only do so much cause Peyton switches everything around on the line.

Go do your homework and start going to bed early