Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Gameday Foods

Sunday Gameday Foods

OK....I killed it last week with food for my party. This week, Im looking for new ideas.

What's on the menus for Sunday?

Im gonna do smoked ribs, sausage & peppers, & maybe a 4 foot hero.

[QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3456039]OK....I killed it last week with food for my party. This week, Im looking for new ideas.

What's on the menus for Sunday?

Im gonna do [B][U]smoked ribs[/U][/B], sausage & peppers, & maybe a 4 foot hero.[/QUOTE]

+1, you got my suggestion covered...

I saw a recipe 2 years ago I think on this site and has worked well at My parties. Pepperoni roll. Awesome. Make pizza dough and cut in half put pepperoni slices,roll over,add mozzarella,roll over,more pepperoni,roll over etc. until it looks like a calzone.brush olive oil on dough and bake at 425 for about 15 minutes on cookie sheet or stone. Can't wait to make them this Sunday.

While I like variety, at this point in the year I can not and will not switch it up (superstitious).

I will have the same beer, pizza, chips, etc. as I've had the last 2 weeks. :yes:

I must find a use for bacon. With food that is....

Undrafted Free Agent
    24V DC Power Supplies!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3456118]I must find a use for bacon. With food that is....[/QUOTE]

[url]http://kitchen-goddess.yumsugar.com/768746[/url]

:yes:

[QUOTE=SyracuseJet;3456089]While I like variety, at this point in the year I can not and will not switch it up (superstitious).

I will have the same beer, pizza, chips, etc. as I've had the last 2 weeks. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Uconn and Cuse should never agree on anything...but since I'm a year removed from college, I'll take one for the Jets.

Same pizza, same jet fuel (my version of the jet juice our mods drink), and cheddar chex mix as last week...no takin chances these days.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    <groan>
    I had popcorn in pregame and then nothing but beer and shots of bourbon and rum during the game. :(

I'm sorry, my superstition is my clothes and where I watch and sit. I'm not doing the same "meal" as I had last time. I have to work monday!

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3456176]<groan>
    I had popcorn in pregame and then nothing but beer and shots of bourbon and rum during the game. :(

I'm sorry, my superstition is my clothes and where I watch and sit. I'm not doing the same "meal" as I had last time. I have to work monday![/QUOTE]

:steamin::steamin:

If we lose, I'm coming down to VA!

:D

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;3456182]:steamin::steamin:

If we lose, I'm coming down to VA!

:D[/QUOTE]

The last game was on a Saturday, now it's on a Sunday. Different day, different meal. Check the superstition handbook! It's in there! :D

All League
    It's gotta be stuff that I can prepare before hand and just let people serve themselves, cause i'm not missing a snap.

Last week made Zitti and Meatballs...

This week planning on a Beef Stew.

All Pro
    I always make stuff that can be made way ahead of game time.

1)
    The easiest thing for me to serve is cocktail meatballs in slow cooker. I buy a sixty pack of pre-made frozen Italian style meatballs, bake them at 350 for about 5-10 mins to thaw them. Then put them in slow cooker and add equal amounts each of grape jelly and chilli sauce then a bit of lemon juice and ground black pepper. They are usually gone by halftime.

2)
    I usually smoke something and its usually a garlic stuffed beef tri-tip

3)
    I put out various olives/pickles (Only Nathans or Clausen Garlic)/pepperoni/cheeses/nuts(wasabi!)/etc.

4)
    Beer is always cold for my guests and have plenty of pilsner glasses in freezer.

As for the bacon from poster above, I always have a huge salad made for gametime. And I always put bacon in it. I put out a few varieties of dressing for people to pick from. Game day salads are made simple, nothing fancy. Just some chopped up romaine, red onion, black olives, fresh parmesan cheese, a few capers and BACON.

Bacon is the 5th food group. :yes:

All League
    Here's a good/easy bacon appetizer...
    [url]http://homecooking.about.com/od/appetizerrecipes/r/blapp94.htm[/url]

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Last week i made Baked penne with pieces of chicken cutlet inside of it...came out great this week with the way the weather is shaping up im bringing out the wood grill and making a recipe im submitting to food network to have a chance to cook with bobby flay....its a chile lime bbq sauce with slow cooked brisket served with an asian inspired coleslaw....should be a good one cant wait for the game.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=BigJet85;3456342]Last week i made Baked penne with pieces of chicken cutlet inside of it...came out great this week with the way the weather is shaping up im bringing out the wood grill and making a recipe im submitting to food network to have a chance to cook with bobby flay....its a chile lime bbq sauce with slow cooked brisket served with an asian inspired coleslaw....should be a good one cant wait for the game.[/QUOTE]

You GOTTA add some chipotle peppers just to tweak him!! :D

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetStream;3456331]Here's a good/easy bacon appetizer...
    [url]http://homecooking.about.com/od/appetizerrecipes/r/blapp94.htm[/url][/QUOTE]

Nice!

I have made those in the past and they GO FAST ON GAMEDAY! Forgot about this one. May have to make these this weekend! Thanks for sharing!

dominoes ALL DAY LONG

All Pro
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;3456370]dominoes ALL DAY LONG[/QUOTE]

How's thier new recipe sauce? See thier commercials on tv but dont have a Dominoes within 15 miles here!