Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunday Gameday Foods

[QUOTE=jetsfanohio;3456376]How's thier new recipe sauce? See thier commercials on tv but dont have a Dominoes within 15 miles here![/QUOTE]

its good..the pizza is definitely improved and the selection is much better

plus they have a special $5.99 per medium pizza when buying 2 or more

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;3456386]its good..the pizza is definitely improved and the selection is much better

plus they have a special $5.99 per medium pizza when buying 2 or more[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, Pizza Hut is having a promotion. Any size pizza, unlimited toppings for 10 bucks.

[QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3456039]OK....I killed it last week with food for my party. This week, Im looking for new ideas.

What's on the menus for Sunday?

Im gonna do smoked ribs, sausage & peppers, & maybe a 4 foot hero.[/QUOTE]

I'm HUGE on the smoked ribs...

If you have the time to smoke a pork butt, that's awesome too. I usually do a butt for about 12 hours. A little chopped pork with some homemade rub, sauce, and slaw, and BOOM - killer bbq sandwiches.

BTW I don't know if you've ever been to the Big Apple BBQ Block Party, but if you haven't, you MUST go. It's in the summer in Manhattan. Some of the best pitmasters from all over the country smoke badass bbq and talk to everyone about techniques etc... The beer flows like water, and if you're STILL hungry after all the bbq, you're right next door to the Shake Shack.

It's a great time - the only thing that keeps me going until my annual trip to Memphis.

[QUOTE=broadwayjoe;3456611]I'm HUGE on the smoked ribs...

If you have the time to smoke a pork butt, that's awesome too. I usually do a butt for about 12 hours. A little chopped pork with some homemade rub, sauce, and slaw, and BOOM - killer bbq sandwiches.

BTW I don't know if you've ever been to the Big Apple BBQ Block Party, but if you haven't, you MUST go. It's in the summer in Manhattan. Some of the best pitmasters from all over the country smoke badass bbq and talk to everyone about techniques etc... The beer flows like water, and if you're STILL hungry after all the bbq, you're right next door to the Shake Shack.

It's a great time - the only thing that keeps me going until my annual trip to Memphis.[/QUOTE]

Oh yea Ive been there. I met Billy Mays there 2 weeks before he died

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/j0uyc8.jpg[/IMG]

Cant wait until next summer :yes:

[QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3456118]I must find a use for bacon. With food that is....[/QUOTE]

I got two for you, either with cheddar on potato skins or dice up the bacon and mix into some mac and cheese, the best pasta being little shells cause the bacon bits can get stuck to them.

You want bacon? You've got bacon.

[url]http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/[/url]

Nothing else compares!

[QUOTE=SyracuseJet;3456870]You want bacon? You've got bacon.

Nothing else compares![/QUOTE]

So awesome, can't wait to try it. I'm going to a little BBQ/Beer/Bourbon festival in the city in a couple weeks where they're supposedly gonna have a Bacon Explosion demo, plus a Bacon Sampling.

'Cuse, you ever been to the original Donosaur BBQ up there? I hit the one in Harlem all the time, it's become one of my favorite NYC BBQ spots, along with Blue Smoke.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SyracuseJet;3456870]You want bacon? You've got bacon.

Nothing else compares![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=broadwayjoe;3456899]So awesome, can't wait to try it. I'm going to a little BBQ/Beer/Bourbon festival in the city in a couple weeks where they're supposedly gonna have a Bacon Explosion demo, plus a Bacon Sampling.

[B]'Cuse, you ever been to the original Donosaur BBQ up there? I hit the one in Harlem all the time,[/B] it's become one of my favorite NYC BBQ spots, along with Blue Smoke.[/QUOTE]

I go to Dinosaur BBQ in Harlem all the time, friends of ours are in a Blues Band and they play there every couple of months.

Funning thing is, my older sopne goes to Syracuse (like his Mom and Dad :D) and I'm driving him back to school from winter break on Saturday and he wants to take me to the original Dinosaur BBQ for dinner saturday night! :yes:

burgers, dogs, sausage, slaw, beer, northern lights

[QUOTE=JStokes;3456946]I go to Dinosaur BBQ in Harlem all the time, friends of ours are in a Blues Band and they play there every couple of months.

Funning thing is, my older sopne goes to Syracuse (like his Mom and Dad :D) and I'm driving him back to school from winter break on Saturday and he wants to take me to the original Dinosaur BBQ for dinner saturday night! :yes:[/QUOTE]

Hahaha I'm jealous, and all of a sudden hungry too. Enjoy man, and report back!

[QUOTE=broadwayjoe;3456899]So awesome, can't wait to try it. I'm going to a little BBQ/Beer/Bourbon festival in the city in a couple weeks where they're supposedly gonna have a Bacon Explosion demo, plus a Bacon Sampling.

'Cuse, you ever been to the original Donosaur BBQ up there? I hit the one in Harlem all the time, it's become one of my favorite NYC BBQ spots, along with Blue Smoke.[/QUOTE]

I try to go to DBBQ once a month. Whether it's for dinner or just for drinks, it's an awesome place to be. :yes:

[QUOTE=JetStream;3456331]Here's a good/easy bacon appetizer...
    [url]http://homecooking.about.com/od/appetizerrecipes/r/blapp94.htm[/url][/QUOTE]

Made these this weekend. They were AWESOME!!

Well, another week, another playoff game :yes:

Here's what Im thinking:

Smoked Pork Butt for pulled pork
    Baked Mac & Cheese with bacon topping

need more...

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3456561]For what it's worth, Pizza Hut is having a promotion. Any size pizza, unlimited toppings for 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth? About 2 bucks!:D

Grossest pizza on the planet.

All League
    I've got two good ones that I've made before:

[B]Portuguese Style Chicken, Bacon & White Bean Soup[/B] - it's pretty hearty, you can make it way ahead of time, and it has BACON!
    [url]http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/chicken-bacon-and-white-bean-soup-portuguese-style-recipe/index.html[/url]

[B]Texas Beef Brisket Chili[/B] - it's bean-less, it's got squash (trust me, it's good), you can make it way ahead of time, and it has BACON!
    [url]http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Texas-Beef-Brisket-Chili-350108[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I honestly cannot even think about eating. Too much stress.

[QUOTE=petejet;3470118]I honestly cannot even think about eating. Too much stress.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I have great recipes for the lunch before and the dinner after, but I'm usually so nervous that all I can do is either pace or workout on the recumbent bike while swearing at the TV.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

'Cuse, you ever been to the original Donosaur BBQ up there? I hit the one in Harlem all the time, it's become one of my favorite NYC BBQ spots, along with Blue Smoke.[/QUOTE]

We are probably doing Daisy Mays on Sunday. I love Dinosaur, but they don't deliver, and I don't feel like shlepping up there to pick it up.

I've been thinking that Daisy Mays is my recent favorite these days solely for the food....but for eating in - I'm with you - Blue Smoke and Dinosaur rock. Love the Van Winkle selection at Blue Smoke.

[QUOTE=crasherino;3470139]We are probably doing Daisy Mays on Sunday. I love Dinosaur, but they don't deliver, and I don't feel like shlepping up there to pick it up.

I've been thinking that Daisy Mays is my recent favorite these days solely for the food....but for eating in - I'm with you - Blue Smoke and Dinosaur rock. Love the Van Winkle selection at Blue Smoke.[/QUOTE]

Yup, awesome selection of bourbons there. I don't think I've ever been to Daisy Mays, I'll have to check it out. Midtown?