Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rivers throws like a girl.

Banned
    Rivers can throw like a girl all he wants - he's one of the top QB's in the game and has a great receiving corps to throw to with Jackson and Gates. Even Floyd is a capable receiver and I'm concerned he'll make a couple big plays on Lito or Strickland.

Are we really making threads about "(fill in the blank) throws like a girl" ? If Rivers throws like a girl, I sure wish that I threw like one too.

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3456300]His throwing motion is just about the same as...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S0pz8qHpFY[/url][/QUOTE]

Not even close bud

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3456306]I wish I could throw like a girl to make that kind of money.[/QUOTE]
    and here we thought you were a girl:P....:D

unfortunately for us the results aren't the same

[QUOTE=Johnny Rico;3456240]Am I the only one who noticed this? I don't mean that he's a bad quarterback. He just has the weirdest throwing motion.

It reminds me of when you're playing football with your friends in the park and the ball gets away. So you yell 'HELP', and sure enough, the closest person to the football is a girl. She examines it for 5 seconds, wondering what on earth the object could possibly be, and how one could even attempt to grip it.

When she finally does throw the ball back, it looks EXACTLY LIKE Philip Rivers throwing the ball.

My one concern is that Revis doesn't start cracking up when the ball comes his way or he might drop the interception.[/QUOTE]

This is a funny thread/post and this is what a bunch of us, Bolts fans, thought when we first saw him too. The motion is strange but it grows on you. I will look for the pictures, but the Marino comparision has been thrown around before and there are 2 pictures that are almost the exact same in their motions.

I think it was Chris Dielman, our Left Guard, who said that when Rivers runs it looks like a Baby Giraffe running. Rivers get a lot of crap from the guys on our team about how he is really really slow. Rivers just laughs about it and gives it back to them.

I'll see if I can find those 2 pictures.

Jets Insider VIP
    Rivers is also married with 4 kids at 28 yrs old. That's kinda crazy for a professional athlete this day & age.

He's like the QB version of Tim Tebow.

[QUOTE=SMC;3456391]Rivers is also married with 4 kids at 28 yrs old. That's kinda crazy for a professional athlete this day & age.

He's like the QB version of Tim Tebow.[/QUOTE]

You mean Tim "John 3:16" Tebow? I wonder if he's still mad at God for not giving his team the victory, since he puts scriptures on his face every game.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Johnny Rico;3456308]No.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. No way.

I like Rivers, but Marino was the perfect NFL QB.

Size. Arm strength. Quick release. Field vision. Pocket mobility.

Perfect.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3456341]and here we thought you were a girl:P....:D[/QUOTE]

Lesbo....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=southside;3456398]You mean Tim "John 3:16" Tebow? I wonder if he's still mad at God for not giving his team the victory, since he puts scriptures on his face every game.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

If Tim Tebow was an NFL caliber QB, he'd be Phillip Rivers.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=southside;3456398]You mean Tim "John 3:16" Tebow? I wonder if he's still mad at God for not giving his team the victory, since he puts scriptures on his face every game.[/QUOTE]

I had an issue with that since Florida is a state school. Now if he was at Notre Dame, that's a different story IMHO.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=WaffleSauce;3456379]This is a funny thread/post and this is what a bunch of us, Bolts fans, thought when we first saw him too. The motion is strange but it grows on you. I will look for the pictures, but the Marino comparision has been thrown around before and there are 2 pictures that are almost the exact same in their motions.

I think it was Chris Dielman, our Left Guard, who said that when Rivers runs it looks like a Baby Giraffe running. Rivers get a lot of crap from the guys on our team about how he is really really slow. Rivers just laughs about it and gives it back to them.

I'll see if I can find those 2 pictures.[/QUOTE]

So he's like Peyton Manning in his running skills?!?!

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=quantum;3456313]what?

oh sorry - we were making fun of Rivers. Carry on. ;)[/QUOTE]

dick....

:D

[QUOTE=SMC;3456391]Rivers is also married with 4 kids at 28 yrs old. That's kinda crazy for a professional athlete this day & age.

He's like the QB version of Tim Tebow.[/QUOTE]

This is from when he was still at NC State-

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ3xrtzoar8&feature=related[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SMC;3456404]Exactly. No way.

I like Rivers, but Marino was the [B]perfect NFL QB[/B].

[B]Size. Arm strength. Quick release. Field vision. Pocket mobility.[/B]

Perfect.[/QUOTE]

Concur.

IMO, best ever. For all those reasons you state.

Best PURE QB from all aspects of what it takes to play the position.

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3456413]So he's like Peyton Manning in his running skills?!?![/QUOTE]

Manning would blow his doors off!!:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3456405]Lesbo....[/QUOTE]
    come on ches, its ok. we will still love ya :D

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Johnny Rico;3456240]Am I the only one who noticed this? I don't mean that he's a bad quarterback. He just has the weirdest throwing motion.

It reminds me of when you're playing football with your friends in the park and the ball gets away. So you yell 'HELP', and sure enough, the closest person to the football is a girl. She examines it for 5 seconds, wondering what on earth the object could possibly be, and how one could even attempt to grip it.

When she finally does throw the ball back, it looks EXACTLY LIKE Philip Rivers throwing the ball.

My one concern is that Revis doesn't start cracking up when the ball comes his way or he might drop the interception.[/QUOTE]

lol:D

His throwing motion has been compared to Bernie Kosar. It was the major knock on him coming into the draft.