Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Chris Bosh or David Lee?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,767
    Post Thanks / Like

    Chris Bosh or David Lee?

    I think we should resign David Lee and go after Lebron next year. Also, trade for Rubio's rights. We need to secure a solid PG while Rubio's rights are resolved... thoughts?

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I've come to believe that Lebron is a pipe dream. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I don't see him coming here. I think we end up with a combo like Stoudemire/Johnson. I also think it's pretty much a lock that Wade stays in Miami and maybe not as much of a sure thing, but that Bosh stays in Toronto.
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 01-15-2010 at 04:10 PM.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,005
    Post Thanks / Like
    We really need to focus on getting Rubio's rights. There are no good FA PGs for Mikey D's system and we have no 1st round draft pick.

    Lebron will come to NY -- Sabathia set the precedent.

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    636
    Post Thanks / Like
    My best case scenario, make the playoffs at the 6 or 7 seed and play Cleveland in the first round, hopefully give them a run for their money and leave an impression on LeBron. Showcase young talent such as Gallo, Will Chandler and Lee.
    Likely to happen? Prob. not

    Also, 82nd, theirs no way they will be able to afford Lee, LeBron and trade for Rubio unless they cleared more cap space. The way Lee's playing this season he's going to demand a nice contract, while Rubio is a spoiled pos.

    If i had to bet I'd agree with DJY, Stoudemire/Johnson a combo like that because they can't leave the "2010 plan" they had for 2 years now with nothing

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dassin View Post
    We really need to focus on getting Rubio's rights. There are no good FA PGs for Mikey D's system and we have no 1st round draft pick.

    Lebron will come to NY -- Sabathia set the precedent.
    I hope you're right man. I was a believer at first, but for some reason I just don't see him coming here. I'm not really basing it on anything, just a gut feeling.

    I do agree on the Rubio point. This team really needs to find a legit PG at some point, in order to truly make this D'Antoni's team that he's ready to go to battle with.
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 01-15-2010 at 04:32 PM.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    My best case scenario, make the playoffs at the 6 or 7 seed and play Cleveland in the first round, hopefully give them a run for their money and leave an impression on LeBron. Showcase young talent such as Gallo, Will Chandler and Lee.
    Likely to happen? Prob. not

    Also, 82nd, theirs no way they will be able to afford Lee, LeBron and trade for Rubio unless they cleared more cap space. The way Lee's playing this season he's going to demand a nice contract, while Rubio is a spoiled pos.

    If i had to bet I'd agree with DJY, Stoudemire/Johnson a combo like that because they can't leave the "2010 plan" they had for 2 years now with nothing
    Yea, it's not the best case scenario with the names on the market this off-season, but it's still a very nice haul that I would be happy with. After going over the scenarios a million times in my head, this just seems like the most realistic scenario IMO.

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    PAISLEY,SCOTLAND,UK
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    My best case scenario, make the playoffs at the 6 or 7 seed and play Cleveland in the first round, hopefully give them a run for their money and leave an impression on LeBron. Showcase young talent such as Gallo, Will Chandler and Lee.
    Likely to happen? Prob. not

    Also, 82nd, theirs no way they will be able to afford Lee, LeBron and trade for Rubio unless they cleared more cap space. The way Lee's playing this season he's going to demand a nice contract, while Rubio is a spoiled pos.

    If i had to bet I'd agree with DJY, Stoudemire/Johnson a combo like that because they can't leave the "2010 plan" they had for 2 years now with nothing
    I have to agree with you mate....LeBron is a nice dream for us knicks Fans

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St.Pete, FL
    Posts
    6,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would for the Knicks to sign David Lee and pass on Bosh.

    David Lee is becoming something special for the Knicks and he's doing it with just about no Offensive talent surrounding him.

    If the Knicks not only make the playoffs, but also finish with a winning record...Lebron James will then become a New York Knick during the offseason. If the Knicks can not prove to Lebron, that they can win without him, he won't become a Knick.

    It's all about A) Ending up with a winning record and B) Making the playoffs.

    King James will then follow.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    508
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    My best case scenario, make the playoffs at the 6 or 7 seed and play Cleveland in the first round, hopefully give them a run for their money and leave an impression on LeBron. Showcase young talent such as Gallo, Will Chandler and Lee.
    Likely to happen? Prob. not

    Also, 82nd, theirs no way they will be able to afford Lee, LeBron and trade for Rubio unless they cleared more cap space. The way Lee's playing this season he's going to demand a nice contract, while Rubio is a spoiled pos.

    If i had to bet I'd agree with DJY, Stoudemire/Johnson a combo like that because they can't leave the "2010 plan" they had for 2 years now with nothing
    Why do you think Rubio is a pos...cause he decided not to go to the Timberwolves? Everyone would have made the same choice...Minny could only give him half a million for his buy out the rest he had to pay himself out of his own pocket, with the money he coulod have gotten with a rookie contract...He was counting on endorsement deal to supplement his NBA contract so that he would be able to buy out his contract...When he was drafted by Minny he knew that he was never gonna get those big endorsement deals he could have gotten in a big market team...also with Minny drafting flinn with the next selection, he would have definitely split time on even might have been further on the depth chart at pg...making it even more difficult to get the endorsement he needed...so the choice was to stay in europe with a guarantee contract and incomr or risk millions of your own money to come to the nba...with the possiblility of playing for next to nothing.
    Last edited by Mattay; 01-16-2010 at 02:14 AM.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    508
    Post Thanks / Like
    The pos isnt rubio...it was Khan the Timberwolves GM for drafting him when he knew that rubio wasnt going to come to minny...Khan wanted to use rubio as an asset for potential future trades but he over played his hand...now minny got squat for that lottery pick.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,459
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Lebron really wanted to be in Cleveland why wouldn't he just resign now and end the distraction he has created there?

    Does he really need a free weekend of pampering on the Knicks?

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan View Post
    If Lebron really wanted to be in Cleveland why wouldn't he just resign now and end the distraction he has created there?

    Does he really need a free weekend of pampering on the Knicks?
    he's a huuuuuuge attention whore.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    I would for the Knicks to sign David Lee and pass on Bosh.

    David Lee is becoming something special for the Knicks and he's doing it with just about no Offensive talent surrounding him.

    If the Knicks not only make the playoffs, but also finish with a winning record...Lebron James will then become a New York Knick during the offseason. If the Knicks can not prove to Lebron, that they can win without him, he won't become a Knick.

    It's all about A) Ending up with a winning record and B) Making the playoffs.

    King James will then follow.
    no its not. the guys playing now arent the core theyll be surronding him with excluding chandler and gallo.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Lee personally, but he is not in the same league as Bosh as a complete player.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    My best case scenario, make the playoffs at the 6 or 7 seed and play Cleveland in the first round, hopefully give them a run for their money and leave an impression on LeBron. Showcase young talent such as Gallo, Will Chandler and Lee.
    Likely to happen? Prob. not

    Also, 82nd, theirs no way they will be able to afford Lee, LeBron and trade for Rubio unless they cleared more cap space. The way Lee's playing this season he's going to demand a nice contract, while Rubio is a spoiled pos.

    If i had to bet I'd agree with DJY, Stoudemire/Johnson a combo like that because they can't leave the "2010 plan" they had for 2 years now with nothing
    Dolan won't allow Walsh to go into next season without adding any big name free agents. I agree with everyone else the most likely scenario is Amare/Joe Johnson with the Knicks using the Larry Bird exception to go over the cap and resign Lee. Amare already said he wants to come here and for obvious reasons he'd become one of the biggest sports stars in the world which translates into tens of millions more in endorsement money plus he loves D'Antoni.

    You're looking at this possibly being next year's starting lineup:

    PG: Duhon/Rubio
    SG: Joe Johnson
    SF: Gallinari
    PF: Amare
    C: Lee

    Does that equal getting Lebron/Bosh? Ofcourse not but it's still a pretty good team and with the Celtics getting older, Magic taking a step back and Cavs maybe losing Lebron to the Nets or just being a limited team that may be enough to make a run in the Eastern Conference for several years.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Dolan won't allow Walsh to go into next season without adding any big name free agents. I agree with everyone else the most likely scenario is Amare/Joe Johnson with the Knicks using the Larry Bird exception to go over the cap and resign Lee. Amare already said he wants to come here and for obvious reasons he'd become one of the biggest sports stars in the world which translates into tens of millions more in endorsement money plus he loves D'Antoni.

    You're looking at this possibly being next year's starting lineup:

    PG: Duhon/Rubio
    SG: Joe Johnson
    SF: Gallinari
    PF: Amare
    C: Lee

    Does that equal getting Lebron/Bosh? Ofcourse not but it's still a pretty good team and with the Celtics getting older, Magic taking a step back and Cavs maybe losing Lebron to the Nets or just being a limited team that may be enough to make a run in the Eastern Conference for several years.
    My thoughts exactly. Good post.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us