Thread: The "I Know We're Going To Lose Sunday, We're Definitely Going To Lose Sunday" Thread

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

The "I Know We're Going To Lose Sunday, We're Definitely Going To Lose Sunday" Thread

I've been a Jets fan since 1980 and I know a loss when I see it. Here's what's working against us:

1. Away game.

2. Late afternoon game.

3. West coast.

4. Angry crowd.

5. National TV.

6. Rested opponent.

7. False sense of abilities.

8. Opponent we don't respect.

9. Quarterback inconsistency.

Not only are we going to lose, we may not get more than 6 points. I've seen this movie before. No, not Same Old Jets. Just not a good team with a culture that's not completely corrected yet. Instead of getting sick on Sunday night, I'm just going to get sick now. Will make it easier to take that way.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    same old hag jet fan.

just retire.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    same old hag jet fan.

just retire.
    No. They've sucked me in again.

Just got back from Vegas. 5 hour flight. Just me, my thoughts, and the Jets. I sat there listening to drippy Barry Manilow songs fantasizing what it would actually feel like to win it all. I'm sitting there crying on a plane. Then, it hit me. It's Atlanta all over again. Was 100% positive we were going to beat the Falcons after getting the gift of life from the Colts. WHAM. Nope.

We're going to get trounced tomorrow. I can't stand it. Now if I could only get "Looks Like We Made It" out of my head.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I've been a Jets fan since 1980 and I know a loss when I see it. Here's what's working against us:

1. Away game.

2. Late afternoon game.

3. West coast.

4. Angry crowd.

5. National TV.

6. Rested opponent.

7. False sense of abilities.

8. Opponent we don't respect.

9. Quarterback inconsistency.

Not only are we going to lose, we may not get more than 6 points. I've seen this movie before. No, not Same Old Jets. Just not a good team with a culture that's not completely corrected yet. Instead of getting sick on Sunday night, I'm just going to get sick now. Will make it easier to take that way.

SAR I
    I am with you......if we keep it within 20 points I would be shocked.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from Vegas. 5 hour flight. Just me, my thoughts, and the Jets. I sat there listening to drippy Barry Manilow songs fantasizing what it would actually feel like to win it all. I'm sitting there crying on a plane. Then, it hit me. It's Atlanta all over again. Was 100% positive we were going to beat the Falcons after getting the gift of life from the Colts. WHAM. Nope.

We're going to get trounced tomorrow. I can't stand it. Now if I could only get "Looks Like We Made It" out of my head.

SAR I
    Losing to Atlanta after getting the gift of life from the colts? We lost to the falcons before we played the colts

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I am with you......if we keep it within 20 points I would be shocked.
    The thing that causes the MOST pain?

A year like this one is exactly the way this team would win it all, right? Crazy year, complete back-in underdog, strong D, dominant running game, blowhard coach, rookie QB whose shown nothing. Seriously, it's like the Bad News Bears winning the Little League World Series. That's the only way we'll ever win a Lombardi. Completely illogical, completely irrational, completely impossible, absolutely Jets-like.

That's why I'm afraid. Very afraid.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We lost to Atlanta BEFORE the Colts game...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Totally respect your opinion but the Colts game was after the the Falcons game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetFan92 View Post
    Losing to Atlanta after getting the gift of life from the colts? We lost to the falcons before we played the colts
    See how confused I am? It's as if I'm gRunK when I'm not.

I hate playoff football. HATE it.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetFan92 View Post
    Ya what we said!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We were favored to beat atlanta...so its a very different curcumstance.

Maybe Sanchez really is starting to click. That would be the difference maker from here on out.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    See how confused I am? It's as if I'm gRunK when I'm not.

I hate playoff football. HATE it.

SAR I
    I don't know about you but I love playoff football..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchise View Post
    I don't know about you but I love playoff football..
    Soy muy feliz sobre Mark Sanchez, pero su pedir mucho él de subir grande en un partido de eliminatoria divisional en el camino. Sí, él era semana fabulosa en el juego del comodín, pero Carson Palmer se deshacía y nosotros didn' la necesidad de t el Sanchize de hacer mucho excepto hace 3 tiros importantes en circunstancias ideales. Hoy, los ríos de Philip van a encender nos para arriba y we' el re ir a atrasarse y we' el re ir a necesitar la marca lanzar 30 veces y llevar dos impulsiones e I que anotan apenas don' del cuarto trimestre; t piensa que él puede hacerlo. En un día adonde la defensa y los equipos especiales van a dejarnos abajo, el su no ir a estar sobre el juego corriente we' el re ir a tener que ir al aire mucho más que nosotros tenemos todo el año.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The thing that causes the MOST pain?

A year like this one is exactly the way this team would win it all, right? Crazy year, complete back-in underdog, strong D, dominant running game, blowhard coach, rookie QB whose shown nothing. Seriously, it's like the Bad News Bears winning the Little League World Series. That's the only way we'll ever win a Lombardi. Completely illogical, completely irrational, completely impossible, absolutely Jets-like.

That's why I'm afraid. Very afraid.

SAR I
    Yup......there will be a torrential downpour of rain today, in a city where it never rains....creating an almost unplayable field surface and the Jets win 6-3 in a game they had no prayer of winning.....that is the way this season is going.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    This better be a reverse karma thread your starting here Dot.com. The team has a bittersweet history of winning when they are the underdog & we have a new head coach that hates being the underdog.

All I can say is if the guys truly believe they can win, they will.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Soy muy feliz sobre Mark Sanchez, pero su pedir mucho él de subir grande en un partido de eliminatoria divisional en el camino. Sí, él era semana fabulosa en el juego del comodín, pero Carson Palmer se deshacía y nosotros didn' la necesidad de t el Sanchize de hacer mucho excepto hace 3 tiros importantes en circunstancias ideales. Hoy, los ríos de Philip van a encender nos para arriba y we' el re ir a atrasarse y we' el re ir a necesitar la marca lanzar 30 veces y llevar dos impulsiones e I que anotan apenas don' del cuarto trimestre; t piensa que él puede hacerlo. En un día adonde la defensa y los equipos especiales van a dejarnos abajo, el su no ir a estar sobre el juego corriente we' el re ir a tener que ir al aire mucho más que nosotros tenemos todo el año.

SAR I
    I lol'd at the bold.

Everyone here should understand that this post is a pregame necessity, and giving SAR the appropriate thanks. And so I thank you, SAR I!