Thread: Who wants to play Favre in the superbowl?

Who wants to play Favre in the superbowl?

I know some of you will say that we'd be happy to just get there and play anyone. Be honest though, how sweet would a jets vs vikes superbowl be?

Last time we were in the afc championship, many of us thought it would be jets vs vikes that year. But Gary Anderson and John Elway had other ideas.

Veteran
    I would like that very much.

Banned
    I would love it. Put pressure of Favre, watch him throw 3-4 INT's against this Jets Defense.

That's the match up I want.

Gang Green vs. Purple People Eaters

You think he's saying maybe I should have stayed on the Jets, see how good we could have been? **** YOU FAVRE!

would be amazing

All League
    If we make it that far, I WANT FAVRE!!!!:mad:

He used us and ditched us like a cheap piece of a$$ freshman girl reminiscent of my college years. I want payback:steamin:

Jets Insider VIP
    I think the path this team is on is all about redemption and validation. Beat Indy when they pull starters, so you want to face them again with their starters. Beat Cincy when they have nothing to play for, beat them again when they do. Therefore, I would think they want to avenge their first loss of the season to the Saints, and I can't say I would disagree with that way of thinking.

I can honestly say, I could care less

We'd be in the ****ing Superbowl folks. :)

All League
    Me

I was poking around here and did a search for Favre junk and found very little. It seems like you guys have moved on. I think the best thing(s) happened for Favre and for the Jets. The second year is the toughest when a young team overachieves in the first year. If you guys keep it together this year you will be a force for years to come.

Favre obviously showed people a thing or 2 and he isn't done. I hope they destroy the Saints. I would actually settle for the 5 int game on Sept 9 that he's due for, only for the team to slowly recover and be in better form by playoff time so we can THEN destroy the Saints. Anyway, that NFC Championship game was an absolute sham. I'm going to the game on Sept 9. I live in north Florida so this is my last chance to see my favorite player at an affordable price and probably my last chance ever to see such a huge game at an affordable price.

Jets Insider VIP
    it really makes no difference to me which NFC Chump the Rexecution defense humiliates and thrashes in Dallas next February

All Pro
    My house would explode, my wife's from Minnesota. I'm game for it though, bring it on!

I'd actually love to beat Dallas IN DALLAS even more, that'd pimp slap Jer-ray right across his face.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=jetfaninkorea;3462749]I know some of you will say that we'd be happy to just get there and play anyone. Be honest though, how sweet would a jets vs vikes superbowl be?

Last time we were in the afc championship, many of us thought it would be jets vs vikes that year. But Gary Anderson and John Elway had other ideas.[/QUOTE]

If it did matter, why the hell would you ask for him?

[QUOTE=RageATL;3662109]My house would explode, my wife's from Minnesota. I'm game for it though, bring it on!

I'd actually love to beat Dallas IN DALLAS even more, that'd pimp slap Jer-ray right across his face.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm thinking Jones is a bigger douche than Favre so beating Dallas in their own stadium would be the best!

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3462793]I can honestly say, I could care less

We'd be in the ****ing Superbowl folks. :)[/QUOTE]

This. I just want in...I don't care who we play.

...Favre would be a sweet bonus though. :yes:

I'd be scared as **** to play Favre with our defense. He'd pick us apart. Go back over Favre's entire career and check out how efficient he is against the blitz and especially when he has to get the ball out quick.

Plus as nasty as our pass defense can be, our run defense is still slightly shaky, and their Oline would take our aging DLine for a ride...

some of you need to get over Favre. He was the best thing to happen to us. He got us Rex and Sanchez and everything that's happened as a result since.

[QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;3663453]I'd be scared as **** to play Favre with our defense. He'd pick us apart. Go back over Favre's entire career and check out how efficient he is against the blitz and especially when he has to get the ball out quick.

Plus as nasty as our pass defense can be, our run defense is still slightly shaky, and their Oline would take our aging DLine for a ride...

some of you need to get over Favre. He was the best thing to happen to us. He got us Rex and Sanchez and everything that's happened as a result since.[/QUOTE]

You do make some good points

Just like every great QB - if you get to them fast enough they throw it up for grabs. I'd be more afraid of Brees at this point than Favre.