Thread: COLTS FORUMS

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

COLTS FORUMS

[URL="http://forum.colts.com/forumdisplay.php?12-Colts-Football"]http://forum.colts.com/forumdisplay.php?12-Colts-Football[/URL]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And let the head games begin. Haha.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Why the Colts Will Beat the Jets - GUARANTEED
    I have NEVER been more sure of anything in my life. The Colts are going to the Super Bowl after next Sunday. Why?

When the Colts laid down and gave the Jets new playoff life, everyone, including 99% of the fan base KILLED them for doing so. Can you imagine the criticism IF the Colts lost to the Jets IN THE PLAYOFFS? It will make 3 weeks ago feel like a backrub. Unlike the poor understanding of what would happen after that laydown effort, I guarantee the Colts understand what lies ahead for them if they lose this game. They will never---and I MEAN NEVER---here the end of it if they lose to the Jets. It will be etched on Polian's tombstone if it happens. It will be on Manning's Hall of Fame plaque. "Pulled in 3rd quarter of Jets game when team was 14-0. Colts lost giving Jets new life to make the playoffs. The Jets would go on to beat the Colts to make it to the Super Bowl." Irsay will be mumbling about this on his deathbed.

That is why I GUARANTEE that the Colts will not allow the above painted scenario to happen. They will be so prepared. They will be so fired up. They will be so precise on Sunday, Rex Ryan won't know what hit his team."

I never really realized how dumb other teams forums are.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3463259]"Why the Colts Will Beat the Jets - GUARANTEED
    I have NEVER been more sure of anything in my life. The Colts are going to the Super Bowl after next Sunday. Why?

When the Colts laid down and gave the Jets new playoff life, everyone, including 99% of the fan base KILLED them for doing so. Can you imagine the criticism IF the Colts lost to the Jets IN THE PLAYOFFS? It will make 3 weeks ago feel like a backrub. Unlike the poor understanding of what would happen after that laydown effort, I guarantee the Colts understand what lies ahead for them if they lose this game. They will never---and I MEAN NEVER---here the end of it if they lose to the Jets. It will be etched on Polian's tombstone if it happens. It will be on Manning's Hall of Fame plaque. "Pulled in 3rd quarter of Jets game when team was 14-0. Colts lost giving Jets new life to make the playoffs. The Jets would go on to beat the Colts to make it to the Super Bowl." Irsay will be mumbling about this on his deathbed.

That is why I GUARANTEE that the Colts will not allow the above painted scenario to happen. They will be so prepared. They will be so fired up. They will be so precise on Sunday, Rex Ryan won't know what hit his team."

I never really realized how dumb other teams forums are.[/QUOTE]

Most of them over there are actually pretty good. It's a few bad seeds like this guy that ruins it for everyone.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3463283]Most of them over there are actually pretty good. It's a few bad seeds like this guy that ruins it for everyone.[/QUOTE]

Yep... Sure there are a few out there saying this. However, most of us, after watching you all man handle the Chargers, are paying attention now.

Now, obviously I'm a Colts fan, so I think we will win this game. I think we will win every game. I would be lying though, if I said I wasn't on edge here concerning this game. I also guarantee that none of our players are gonna sleep real soundly this week in preparation for this game. Especially Peyton, in trying to study that Defense of yours.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking the same, but still kinda early.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Colts Addict;3463290]Yep... Sure there are a few out there saying this. However, most of us, after watching you all man handle the Chargers, are paying attention now.

Now, obviously I'm a Colts fan, so I think we will win this game. I think we will win every game. I would be lying though, if I said I wasn't on edge here concerning this game. I also guarantee that none of our players are gonna sleep real soundly this week in preparation for this game. Especially Peyton, in trying to study that Defense of yours.[/QUOTE]

it took us a while to crank up the running game today. the defense carried us, and the offense did what it had to. The Colts are ranked something like 24th in rushing defense, so I can see us running the ball if we really want to (really, no one stops us rushing, as the game goes on we wear the other teams down).

it's going to be interesting. Peyton is one of the few QBs that can figure out any defense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Do guys really need extra motivation in the AFC Championship game? I don't think so.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RIJetFan;3463381]Do guys really need extra motivation in the AFC Championship game? I don't think so.[/QUOTE]
    +1

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3463300]it took us a while to crank up the running game today. the defense carried us, and the offense did what it had to. The Colts are ranked something like 24th in rushing defense, so I can see us running the ball if we really want to (really, no one stops us rushing, as the game goes on we wear the other teams down).

it's going to be interesting. Peyton is one of the few QBs that can figure out any defense.[/QUOTE]

You're right... Peyton is very good at figuring out any defense. However, he is gonna need to figure things out in a relatively quick manner to try and take you all out of your run game. If he can't, it will be a very long day for our Colts and our fans. We have to obtain atleast a 2 score lead, so we can neutralize your blitz and force the game into MS's hand. Easier said than done though. Rex had an excellent game plan... and it worked to a tee.

The only time I have ever seen the Colts actually get into a grind it out in the trenches game and win was back in '06 when we beat Baltimore. I was at that game and it was the most exhausting game of my life, because I knew that at any point, one mistake by us could open this game up against us.

My jaw hurt from grinding my teeth that entire game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3463241]I have one warning for Colts fans who are giddy about drawing the Jets

BE CAREFUL, BE VERY CAREFUL

Last week Chargers fans were coming here overflowing with confidence, feeling like they were given a second bye week when they drew the Jets (instead of the Pats) in the divisional round

AND NOW THEIR SEASON IS OVER[/QUOTE]

:yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not a bad observation, but I think the guy draws the wrong conclusion from it.

Basically, having to face a team that the Colts and their fans regard as their Frankenstein --that's us-- puts them under enormous pressure. Can you imagine the ridicule they will face if they lose to a monster they may have created.

If the game is close late, that will be weighing on them, the same way the Chargers' history of playoff chokes weighed on them this week.

Is it possible this will give them additional focus? Perhaps, but I expect a Manning-led team to be focused enough. Historically focus has not been his problem; at times, overthinking has been.