Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who called in sick today?

Jets Insider VIP

Who called in sick today?

Just made the call. Didnt even lie. Just said, "I would be absolutely useless if I came in today.". I don think my boss was happy. Seriously after 41 years i should get a break on this right?

Veteran

I'm laid off....

but my wife did. She's still drunk! Nothing like a Jets win followed by a drunken fight with the wife....

Jets Insider VIP
    I slept for 7 hours and im totally still hammered. Damn captain and diets.

Jets Insider VIP
    I called in retired as I have done since the end of 2003

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3463430]Just made the call. Didnt even lie. Just said, "I would be absolutely useless if I came in today.". I don think my boss was happy. Seriously after 41 years i should get a break on this right?[/QUOTE]

At best I would suspend you without pay but right now I would be considering letting you go.

How would you feel if Sanchez did not make his meetings tomorrow because he was to drunk today?

I didn't. But luckily I am in sales and I am going to definitely be taking advantage of making my own schedule today. Everyone else is off today, teachers, people in finance, etc. and my sorry ass is working.

O well, at least we won. Joe and Evan will get me through the midday and then I can't wait to hear the aerial barrage of phone calls to Francessa at 1.

GO JETS

All League
    Thanks MLK Jr. Stilldrunk though :D

Jets Insider VIP
    I came into work...

...but it isn't like I'm gonna do anything :yes::P

I'd like to but have to go in--I'm sure I'm going to be basically useless--I'm already running 30 minutes late

[QUOTE=outeast;3463458]Thanks MLK Jr. Stilldrunk though :D[/QUOTE]

Hate to change subjects, but you still at Nova? Nice pregame with a Nova win yesterday over Gtown huh? I didn't think both teams could do it in one day, but they did. WOW

Veteran
    At my desk know, no voice, been up since 1:45 after getting back from the game and the after party around 9pm. The only thing that will keep me going today is my awesome memories of this past weekend.
    Jets Victory!!!

Veteran
    I'm at my desk and this pretty much will sum up my day. A whole lotta nothing.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sg3;3463442]I called in retired as I have done since the end of 2003[/QUOTE]

+1 Since 2005 here. But, if I felt the way I do now back then I would have called in dead

Jets Insider VIP
    great party at G3 Rocco

and great representation up in the View seats...

terrific job

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3463459]I came into work...

...but it isn't like I'm gonna do anything :yes::P[/QUOTE]

THIS!

Haha, I aint doing SHAT today except listening to 8 hours of internet radio and refreshing the Landing Strip every 5 minutes like Rainman.

Practice Squad
    I came in today. I didn't drink yesterday, but next sunday should be extremely diffrent.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=sg3;3463478]great party at G3 Rocco

and great representation up in the View seats...

terrific job[/QUOTE]

Thanks Steve, I had an awesome time. Definitley paying for it now, I can feel my heart pounding in my head from yelling so much. What a friggin turnout.

All League
    [QUOTE=TheJScottW;3463463]Hate to change subjects, but you still at Nova? Nice pregame with a Nova win yesterday over Gtown huh? I didn't think both teams could do it in one day, but they did. WOW[/QUOTE]

Yessir still at Nova. It could have been the best sports day of all time, Nova over Gtown then Jets over Chargers. Plus, when I can get up later I'm going to IHOP. :D

[QUOTE=I against I;3463475]I'm at my desk and this pretty much will sum up my day. A whole lotta nothing.[/QUOTE]

Oh yea!! Me too. :yes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=TheJScottW;3463454]

O well, at least we won. Joe and Evan will get me through the midday and then I can't wait to hear the aerial barrage of phone calls to Francessa at 1.

GO JETS[/QUOTE]

No Francessa today, there is a Devils game.