Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan is the Man...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Rex Ryan is the Man...

This quote says it all:

[B]"Sometimes when you hit the quarterback, the whole team feels it"
    [/B]

I hate to say it, but this guy's old school mentality is infectious and its working. This isn't a Mangini/Belichick type "system/process" type guy who bores you to death with politically correct answers. This is old school, hit you in the mouth football. I hate to make the comparison but he reminds me of a high school football coach. Playing us against the world type football and letting the world know all about it. Not tip toeing around trying not to overstep his boundaries or offend anyone or put his team in an awkward place. This guy is getting it done the good old way and his team is buying in...is the rest of the country starting to buy in too?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheJScottW;3463517]This quote says it all:

[B]"Sometimes when you hit the quarterback, the whole team feels it"
    [/B]

I hate to say it, but this guy's old school mentality is infectious and its working. This isn't a Mangini/Belichick type "system/process" type guy who bores you to death with politically correct answers. This is old school, hit you in the mouth football. I hate to make the comparison but he reminds me of a high school football coach. Playing us against the world type football and letting the world know all about it. Not tip toeing around trying not to overstep his boundaries or offend anyone or put his team in an awkward place. This guy is getting it done the good old way and his team is buying in...is the rest of the country starting to buy in too?[/QUOTE]
    by far my favorite person (player or coach) ever on in the Jet orginization

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do you hate to say it?
    Rex is EXACTLY what this team needed.
    LOVE what he is doing!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex makes us all believe he's right.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3463525]Why do you hate to say it?
    Rex is EXACTLY what this team needed.
    LOVE what he is doing![/QUOTE]

I just meant I hate to compare him to a HS coach. He doesn't have that arrogance or standoffishness most of these other NFL coaches have. He gets down to the basics and fundamentals of football...hard work and physicality.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    THE REX EXPRESS IS THE SH!T...by time the rest of the league decides to take him serious we will be holding the lombardi trophy baby!!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    In early February at his first presser as the HC of the NYJ, Rex Ryan said that he would deliver on really only TWO promises

First, his Jets would play DEFENSE among the best in the NFL

Second, his Jets would RUN THE BALL among the best in the NFL

TALK ABOUT THE BIG GUY DELIVERING ON HIS PROMISES

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

So many weapons

They had so many weapons and an unbelievable QB, he did make some great throws under pressure, I have no idea how they stopped everything yesterday. The man is a genius.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Going for it on 4th down was a terrble call. Thats a gimmie fg for feely and puts us up 6 where they would need a td to win it.

This guy has balls of steel and ges for it to win the game. I have never seen anything like it in playoff football. And it works.

The guy has the biggest balls ive ever seen.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I, for one, am enjoying what Rex brings to this team. I'm hoping that he continues to grow as a coach. I get the feeing the Jets will be an even better team for the next few years.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3463559]Going for it on 4th down was a terrble call. Thats a gimmie fg for feely and puts us up 6 where they would need a td to win it.

This guy has balls of steel and ges for it to win the game. I have never seen anything like it in playoff football. And it works.

The guy has the biggest balls ive ever seen.[/QUOTE]

Not a terrible call at all.

Option 1: Get the first down. Game over.

Option 2: Kick a field goal and leave Rivers a minute+ left to win it on a touchdown.

I'll take option 1 any day of the week in any situation, especially with a chance to go to the AFC Championship. Thanks, but no thanks.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheJScottW;3463573]Not a terrible call at all.

Option 2: Kick a field goal and leave Rivers a minute+ left to win it on a touchdown.

I'll take option 1 any day of the week in any situation, especially with a chance to go to the AFC Championship. Thanks, but no thanks.[/QUOTE]

+ 1

End the game as early as possible.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ur right. Not a terrible call. But the guy took the coaching manual and threw it out he window. It might of been the biggest playcall in jets history

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3463585]Ur right. Not a terrible call. But the guy took the coaching manual and threw it out he window. It might of been the biggest playcall in jets history[/QUOTE]

Ok. Fair. A Big, ballsy call, nonetheless.

The squib kick call? Now that's a different story. I still do not get that. And if they somehow are in the same situation again this season, please just do a full, regular kickoff. That squib kick was a nightmare.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3463585]Ur right. Not a terrible call. But the guy took the coaching manual and threw it out he window. It might of been the biggest playcall in jets history[/QUOTE]

Loved the call. The defense kept you in the game, the offensive line won it. Stick with what has worked all season. Thats the kind of call your team will love you for it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheJScottW;3463573]Not a terrible call at all.

I'll take option 1 any day of the week in any situation, especially with a chance to go to the AFC Championship. Thanks, but no thanks.[/QUOTE]

I think you have to look a little deeper. Each option had two outcomes:

#1 (a) Go for 1st down, get it. -->game over
    #1 (b) Go for 1st down, don't get it. -->ball goes to Sd on downs, huge momentum shift. They have plenty of time to either get in FG range to tie or score TD to win.

#2 (a) Kick FG, it's good. -->SD receives a kickoff and has to go length of field to tie with TD, win with EP.
    #2 (b) Kick FG, it's no good. -->SD takes over with good field position and plenty of time to either get in FG range to tie or score TD to win.

Each option had two outcomes, but with option 2, you still needed additional things to go right to win (even if FG is good, we still have to play D one more time and keep them out of the the EZ, and that FG was not a gimme).

Option 1 represented a chance to do one thing right and be rewarded with the win. It was the correct choice.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheJScottW;3463589]Ok. Fair. A Big, ballsy call, nonetheless.

The squib kick call? Now that's a different story. I still do not get that. And if they somehow are in the same situation again this season, please just do a full, regular kickoff. That squib kick was a nightmare.[/QUOTE]

I don't know whose idea that was, but probably same person that thought spiking the ball with 1:00 left in the 1st half was a smart move. :coocoo:

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheJScottW;3463589]Ok. Fair. A Big, ballsy call, nonetheless.

The squib kick call? Now that's a different story. I still do not get that. And if they somehow are in the same situation again this season, please just do a full, regular kickoff. That squib kick was a nightmare.[/QUOTE]

agreed on the squib, but that damn papa john's pizza commercial reminded us all that of that tedd gin jr damage on kickoff...

probably too conservative, but at least they made them work for the td with a 10 pt lead...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3463559]Going for it on 4th down was a terrble call.[/QUOTE]

That onside kick was a terrible call.

That 4th down gamble was a guy who believes in his offense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Norv Turner's decision to onside kick far overshadowed all the other decisions because of what it decided at the moment it occurred.