Thread: Phil Simms

Phil Simms

What makes this game even more enjoyable is having him do the game. Prepared, knows the rules and speaks his mind. Best in the business IMO. Great announcers make a huge difference and we should continue to have him going forward.

[QUOTE=Jetfanfromthestart;3463566]What makes this game even more enjoyable is having him do the game. Prepared, knows the rules and speaks his mind. Best in the business IMO. Great announcers make a huge difference and we should continue to have him going forward.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't hurt that Phil Simms is a Jets fan either...

[QUOTE=Monsterxman;3463580]Doesn't hurt that Phil Simms is a Jets fan either...[/QUOTE]

Far from it. if anything his is a Bellicheck fan. Thats why it was so great when he came out with the line that it was amazing that the Jets could still blitz and have everyone covered every play as well. Says alot about our D.

What a difference from the knuckleheads that NBC had last week. Forgetting to inform the audience that the Jets punter was not going to play. Then seeing it and not knowing why.

All League
    [QUOTE=Monsterxman;3463580]Doesn't hurt that Phil Simms is a Jets fan either...[/QUOTE]
    I think you are right but the bottom line is Phil is always dead on & he would NOT allow the SD shill Nantz to justify that brutal overturn of the catch/fumble.

Nantz sounded especially douchy yesterday. :cool:

Practice Squad
    I agree. Simms always seems to know what he's talking about. I'm still upset about the reversed fumble call. That could have cost us the game. Jets need to send that to the league.

[QUOTE=JetsSpinner;3463592]What a difference from the knuckleheads that NBC had last week. Forgetting to inform the audience that the Jets punter was not going to play. Then seeing it and not knowing why.[/QUOTE]

He did not know the difference between Eric Smith and Jim Leonhard. Other than that, pretty much in point.

[QUOTE=rayzor;3463612]I agree. Simms always seems to know what he's talking about. I'm still upset about the reversed fumble call. That could have cost us the game. Jets need to send that to the league.[/QUOTE]

That was the only disappointing thing about Simms' call yesterday.

He was spot on on the fumble call, saying that the correct call was made on the field, that there was no evidence to overturn it, and that it should be the Jets ball. Then, during the commercial break the NFL obviously said something to him and when we come back from commercial Simms has suddenly changed his mind...saying that the receiver didn't have possession for "long enough" (wtf?!)

He bent over for the NFL on that one.

Other than that, he did a nice job.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Simms likes Sanchez, knows his potential. So long as we win, we will get Simms and Nantz, CBS's A team.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3463767]Simms likes Sanchez, knows his potential. So long as we win, we will get Simms and Nantz, CBS's A team.[/QUOTE]

It's all A-team's from here on out :)

Hall Of Fame
    Simms is a backcountry mongoloid who's taken more Brady Sauce than Gisele. The only thing he adds to a broadcast is a maddening level of ESPN-style QB-slurping.

[QUOTE=AbstraKt;3463634]He did not know the difference between Eric Smith and Jim Leonhard. Other than that, pretty much in point.[/QUOTE]

But he did correct himself not long after. He really does do a good job. He uses his playing experience as a tool to call a great game, and not using it as a forum to tell the world how great he used to be (ala that doosh Joe Theismann)

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3463648]That was the only disappointing thing about Simms' call yesterday.

He was spot on on the fumble call, saying that the correct call was made on the field, that there was no evidence to overturn it, and that it should be the Jets ball. Then, during the commercial break the NFL obviously said something to him and when we come back from commercial Simms has suddenly changed his mind...saying that the receiver didn't have possession for "long enough" (wtf?!)

He bent over for the NFL on that one.

Other than that, he did a nice job.[/QUOTE]

I think he was explaining whay the refs said it was an incomplete, he didnt agree with it. I thought he and Nance were going to go at it for a minute!