Thread: Is there anyone out there that still thinks....

Is there anyone out there that still thinks....

.....D'Brick can't run block????

Never mind Revis,Brick is a SHUTDOWN BLOCKER

Might as well book a weekend break if you're playing opposite him because you are going to be a non-factor....so glad we drafted him

His progress since he was drafted is great. And putting Faneca between him and Mangold has been the kind of personell move that changes the fortunes of a franchise.

All League
    Brick has been steadily improving will continue to do so.

[QUOTE=Redlichtie;3463665].....D'Brick can't run block????

Never mind Revis,Brick is a SHUTDOWN BLOCKER

Might as well book a weekend break if you're playing opposite him because you are going to be a non-factor....so glad we drafted him[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that SAR I is going to point out that Matt Leinhart looked great on Saturday :rolleyes:

All League
    [QUOTE=woodside;3463776]I'm sure that SAR I is going to point out that Matt Leinhart looked great on Saturday :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

In defense of SAR I, I know all he ever asked for was for the Jets to not let potential franchise QB's in the draft go to other teams every year. He wanted us to pick one high and Leinart happened to be the one that year. He was very happy when we traded up to get Sanchez.

[QUOTE=Jet Blast;3463808]In defense of SAR I, I know all he ever asked for was for the Jets to not let potential franchise QB's in the draft go to other teams every year. He wanted us to pick one high and Leinart happened to be the one that year. He was very happy when we traded up to get Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...I think many of us would have been happy to get Leinart on draft day given the state of the team at that time. I guess we'll get a chance to see how he does over a 16 game season next year (assuming Warner hangs it up and Leinart can win the job...).

I'm pretty sure we made out better with what we have now.

:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jet Blast;3463808]In defense of SAR I, I know all he ever asked for was for the Jets to not let potential franchise QB's in the draft go to other teams every year. He wanted us to pick one high and Leinart happened to be the one that year. He was very happy when we traded up to get Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

You have allowed SAR's revisionist historical correction of his 3000 Leinart posts to cloud your vision.

SAR now claims that all he wanted was a franchise QB.

Not specifically Leinart.

Claimed he "never watched a down of college football" and had no basis to pick Leinart.

Bullsh*t.

SAR had an inordinate, almost creepy amount of man-love for Leinart.

It was Leinart or no one else. Certainly not a 10 year starting pro-bowl caliber left tackle.

Don't believe SAR's protestations to the opposite. Even today, he'll offer that we haven't really seen enough of Leinart to judge.

Don't be fooled, he wanted Leinart [SIZE="3"][B]Leinart[/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="6"][B]LEINART[/B][/SIZE]

Will never admit that D'Brick was the pick.

:D

Hall Of Fame
    Anyone catch the play in the 2nd half where the Jets lined D'Brick up at weakside TE, then motioned him to the strong side?They ran off right tackle for about 3 or 4 yards on the play. I turned to my dad right there and said, "I guess he's not a liability in the run game anymore."

Dbrick like most YOung Jets get killed on this board wayy to early in their career. Most fans dont realize it take a few years to come in and produce at a type flight level. Needless to say Dbrick is a franchise Left tackle we thought he was!

Brick is definitely doing much better and watching how they have been moving him around the line is [I]really different![/I] Glad to see Callahan was able to really develop Brick and take advantage of his talent.