Thread: God wants the Jets to win the superbowl

God wants the Jets to win the superbowl

I have never been more sure of anything in my life. I remember one night on DNL when the Jets were like 7-6 Damien Woody said about all the Jets chances to get in the playoffs " It's like someone wants us to get in the playoffs, but we just can't do it." Ever since then I have believed. This team is destined. Teams have missed FIVE consecutive field goals against us! Destiny is on our side.

All League
    When their kicker missed the first kick, i was thinking it, when he missed the 2nd short kick I knew it.

That's 2 playoff games where the kickers missed 4 easy kicks...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Maybe Joe's deal with the devil was only for 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfan29 View Post
    "There is no god," priest in caddyshack

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by jetfan29 View Post
    LOL.

Let us pray.

SAR I

I've been describing it as...the Gods 'O Canton, are shining their favors upon our Jets Destiny. And have willed these unfolding events to be favorably so.

For the last couple of weeks of the regular season, several teams had to lose, or win...perfectly, for our Jets playoff chances to become a reality.

And who's our HC? Rex, former Jets ball boy and son of Buddy Ryan. Papa Buddy being defensive coach that played a significant role in game planning the defense that beat the Colts in Supe #3. The Jets last true moment of ultimate glory.

So...the stars have been aligning, like a blessing, for our NYJ. And the Ryan, Rex, like a Leprechaun, has come forth to lead us on the Quest.

Yep...it is our time again
    Last edited by GreenReaper; 01-18-2010 at 01:16 PM.

Veteran
    I read somewhere ( most likely here) that Feb 7th is 15000 days since the Super Bowl win in 68.

And the parade will be on my birthday!!

Shoogilagin

Quote Originally Posted by JetStream View Post

That's 2 playoff games where the kickers missed 4 easy kicks...

Thats because of ME!!!!

We have this superstition, jinx if you will, it originated from pinball but has been used for football for several years now.

Once the snap comes out the word "Shoogilagin" is said and it curses the kick. Its had varying success over the years, but this year it seems to be working its magic to the fullest.

Here's the examples (try not to do it every kick save them for when we really need it),

vs. Cinci, I shoogied him, he missed.

During the Dallas game I was just telling somebody about it and I happened to accidentally Shoogy the dallas kicker, the shoogilagin slipped out and suisham missed the kick.

vs SD, I went all out and shoogied all of their kicks.. look what happened!

I'm telling you guys my shoogies are on fire right now so we don't have to worry about the colts making any kicks on sunday.

God told me to tell you to GFY.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by fivewide View Post
    "There is no god," priest in caddyshack
    "My name's Fred and I'm just a man, same as you are!"

All Pro
    I won't lie, I said a simple prayer before yesterday's game. I'm not a saint by any means and I haven't been to church in a long time (perhaps I need to start going back), but it had the feeling of divine intervention at times the past several weeks.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm pretty sure Bob Dylan could care less. But I'm Happy!!!!

All Pro
    On a more practical note, it would help to know if God also liked the over or under next week.