Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling on all International J-E-T-S fans !

Undrafted Free Agent

Calling on all International J-E-T-S fans !

Starting this thread at 4am ET, I hope most US based Jets fans are catching up on sleep they missed last weekend or storing some up for the weekend ahead.

I've never been to the Meadowlands, ever seen the Jets play live or been within a couple of thousand miles of the snap in any Jets game. But I crave every snap in every game. Every roster change, every Headcoach comment ... i'm hooked.

If like me, you started what you thought might be a brief affair with the NFL and in particular the J-E-T-S in 1985 when a one hour highlight show and occasional live games on TV grabbed your attention and have realised that 25years later that you are truely married to the game then this thread is for you.

Admittedly, there were times when access to results and schedules became impossible to come by and the relationship became more distant but with the help of the Armed Forces Radio, the Internet and the reintroduction of live TV games then the wedding was back on. Then over the last few years when you know the marriage was a good idea but begin to question "Did I pick the right partner ?", along comes the greatest marriage councillor of them all, Mr Rex Ryan, and rekindles the love. It's like his arrival has resulted in sex every night and twice on Sundays in positions only usually reserved for the Karma Sutra.

This thread is also for you if you've done any of the following:

- Spent any time in the '80/90s listening to the ARN on Medium Wave as it competes with Italian / Portuguese / Spanish radio for space

- Stayed up until 5am and gone to work with 2 hours sleep after 'watching' a Jets Loss entirely on NFL Gamecenter

- Struggled to understand why a match you are streaming always seems to get cut just before the most important play

- Worn any pieces of Jets gear (hat,t shirt,hoodie, jacket, jersey, scarf) in public and never once had a stranger approach you and comment on your team

- Worn any pieces of Jets gear (hat,t shirt,hoodie, jacket, jersey, scarf) in public and suffered that look of disregard from strangers wearing another NFL team's gear

Our future appears bright but our history tells us that games like this don't happen too often. So my message is to enjoy every second and when OUR team becomes WORLD CHAMPIONS on Monday 8th February where ever you are in the WORLD enjoy the moment ... we've waited long enough.

If you're out there and like me you've only previously read posts on this message board and felt that maybe it was not your place to post (hey ... I've only started one other thread here and that was telling people how we still had a chance to make playoffs when we were 4-6) then please let me know where you're at.

Jets Insider VIP
    Right here man.

Last game I attended was at Shea stadium :D.

In the 80-90's I'd get VHS tapes about 10 days after the games, then DVD's. Then with internet I'd watch the play by play on NFL.com + radio.

Now thanks to Justin TV and NFL GAMEPASS I can finally watch the games Live. :boogie2:

Great to have a thread like this.
    I'm from Switzerland and I'm following the Jets since 2003.

I been to one game so far and that was in the 2007 season Giants-Jets. I remember that fumble return for a TD by Rhodes and then the big pass play to Burress.

Barney, ur talking about 2 hours of sleep? There were nites where i stay up til 5AM to watch the game and then went to work with no sleep at all.
    Luckily the Jets didnt have to many Sunday or Monday Night Games this year lol..

I even remember NYE 2006/07 when the Jets played the Raiders in a win and we're in game. Kickoff was 11pm (my time). I went out to a party and told my dad to keep checking nfl.com and call me whenever there is a big play.

Once me and my half-brothers father (who is a big time Jets fan too) were talkin about the Jets and he just goes like "damn u know more about the Jets than I do" lol and hes like 60yrs old..

Damn, this is a good thread ^^

I started watching the Jets seriously only from the beginning of this year (streaming is great when it's working right...), but I'm a big time fan here and I even dragged my girlfriend to start watching the games with me in the middle of the night.

Actually, I have been in one game in NY. Since my brother lives there, he took to me to the first preseason game of the Herman Edwards era. I didn't understand a lot, but that was soooo much fun!

I still plan on going to visit my bro in NYC and go watch a Jets game.

Veteran
    To be fair it wasn't a long distance relationship at first. I did start following the Jets when I was living in New York, but it was the early 90's when the Giants had Parcells and LT and we had Bruce ****ing Coslet and Blair ****ing Thomas, I really don't know why I picked the Jets but I did, lol.

from 94 to when Al Gore invented the innerwebz my jets fix was only delivered thru the sports pages of the International Herald Tribune. I was lucky if I could read more than the scoreline.

Then I remember listening to the 41-0 Colts game over the internet radio. I think it was Mangini's first year when I first learned to watch the Jets over the internet, then Fox sports came to Turkey and the first thing I look for every year when the schedule comes out is when the Jets are on fox.

This year I was very lucky and got to watch 2 whole games on TV the Carolina game and the Atlanta game.

This is why I hate the night games, all jets games should be played at 1 EST and should always be on Fox.

Hey, I'm a JETS fan living in Scoland and have been supporting them for years, much to the delight of my fellow NFL fans in Scotland, who have usually had a laugh at our expense.

Been going over for a Jets game every year for the past 6 years and will be in Indianapolis on Sunday. Also got my wife on board and we'll both be there shouting our heads off and looking forward to booking our flights to Miami on Sunday night.

We've met loads of great fans on our trips and think that the Jets have the best fans in the world (maybe a bit biased there!!!).

J E T S Jets Jets Jets !!!!!

Waterboy
    Great thread!

I'm originally from NY/NJ so I grew up a Jet fan(1970) and have been to a fair share of games tho not in quite some time. Been living in Denmark since '99 and it was definitely frustrating the first few years here as we didnt have internet and they werent showing games here either...I can remember trying to hunt up a USA Today on Wedsnesdays to check box scores and hope for a paragraph of game review:(

Things have gotten MUCH better since and NFL is actually very popular here now...they show 3-4 games a week in regular season and all playoff games:D

Hey Guys,
    I've been a Jets fan in Lancashire, England, since the early 80's when the game was first shown in the UK, and one of my first memories is the Mud Bowl in 1982. I have to admit following 3 or 4 teams at that time but, not long after, the others were dropped and it was full on Jets.

Remember my first visit to Florida in 1989, and talking to the bar man in the hotel, who was from NY, and him telling me about the move from Shea to Jersey and the hassle it added to peoples journeys.

Been over to 4 games - 1998 pre-season vs the Giants, a couple of days after Vinny was signed. We then went to Chicago and watched the next pre-season game there too, at the 'old' soldier Field. Another W.

The other 2 were shockers - 2003 home opener vs Miaiam, never in the game and lost 21-10 then, even worse, vs Buffalo in October 2007, when absolutely nothing of note happened, the building was half empty and the Bills scored a late TD to win 13-3.

Was half considering going to the SB should we win on Sunday, but the best ticket I could find was $1800, top tier, end zone. :eek:

Will just have to settle for shouting at the TV instead!!

I don't remember how I got sucked into the green and white vortex... All i know is there's no way out and I have had to throw several Super Bowl parties for my friends, because the Jets sucked A$$ and they all jumped on the Steelers/Colts/Patriots/Eagles/Giants/Packers bandwagons. :mad: Then a Raider fan came along :D

All Pro
    Feeling you, bro... HUGE US Sports fan here, mostly basketball and football but I also like baseball in the summer. I know all about staying up late, living and dying by live scores or bad quality streams. Been a Knicks fan since the early 90s and that's definitely where I lost most of my nerves over the years, even though the Jets are catching up fast.

I'm a true Jets fan since 2004, not really that long but well, I'm fairly young. I almost feel bad in comparison to some guys here who have been going through so much pain over the decades. Didn't take long to get me used to the SOJ mantra with Doug Brien... I've been to the Meadowlands last season (I got family in NY) and it was a great experience. Looking forward to the new stadium.

Can't wait for Sunday!!! Gang Green is all around the World!!!

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=Barney Brack;3468051]Starting this thread at 4am ET, I hope most US based Jets fans are catching up on sleep they missed last weekend or storing some up for the weekend ahead.

I've never been to the Meadowlands, ever seen the Jets play live or been within a couple of thousand miles of the snap in any Jets game. But I crave every snap in every game. Every roster change, every Headcoach comment ... i'm hooked.

If like me, you started what you thought might be a brief affair with the NFL and in particular the J-E-T-S in 1985 when a one hour highlight show and occasional live games on TV grabbed your attention and have realised that 25years later that you are truely married to the game then this thread is for you.

Admittedly, there were times when access to results and schedules became impossible to come by and the relationship became more distant but with the help of the Armed Forces Radio, the Internet and the reintroduction of live TV games then the wedding was back on. Then over the last few years when you know the marriage was a good idea but begin to question "Did I pick the right partner ?", along comes the greatest marriage councillor of them all, Mr Rex Ryan, and rekindles the love. It's like his arrival has resulted in sex every night and twice on Sundays in positions only usually reserved for the Karma Sutra.

This thread is also for you if you've done any of the following:

- Spent any time in the '80/90s listening to the ARN on Medium Wave as it competes with Italian / Portuguese / Spanish radio for space

- Stayed up until 5am and gone to work with 2 hours sleep after 'watching' a Jets Loss entirely on NFL Gamecenter

- Struggled to understand why a match you are streaming always seems to get cut just before the most important play

- Worn any pieces of Jets gear (hat,t shirt,hoodie, jacket, jersey, scarf) in public and never once had a stranger approach you and comment on your team

- Worn any pieces of Jets gear (hat,t shirt,hoodie, jacket, jersey, scarf) in public and suffered that look of disregard from strangers wearing another NFL team's gear

Our future appears bright but our history tells us that games like this don't happen too often. So my message is to enjoy every second and when OUR team becomes WORLD CHAMPIONS on Monday 8th February where ever you are in the WORLD enjoy the moment ... we've waited long enough.

If you're out there and like me you've only previously read posts on this message board and felt that maybe it was not your place to post (hey ... I've only started one other thread here and that was telling people how we still had a chance to make playoffs when we were 4-6) then please let me know where you're at.[/QUOTE]

Another Jets fan from Ireland:eek: I thought i was on my own:) I dont get to see many games live on telly as we are never on Sky Sports so im stuck trying to find the game on a stream somewhere. Thankfully this game starts at 8pm our time so will be able to see it all without it being too late. I have my Revis jersey ordered for the SB:D

Practice Squad
    Been a Jets fan since 1985 (like Barney!) and remember all the above things he mentioned, particularly, listening to the games on the radio (the Armed Forces Network). Listening to the Browns/Jets '86 playoff game springs to mind straight away. Also watching highlights of the games on the Irish channel, RTE, and the British Channel 4, back in the 1980s. Happy days...when the Jets were winning anyway ;) !!

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flItJW4g5yY&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flItJW4g5yY&feature=related[/URL]

A bunch of international guys have showed up at my tailgate and I do have to say the enthusiam for the team you all show is awesome!!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Thanks for all the replies and it's good to hear I'm not alone on this side of the Atlantic and particularly here in Ireland.

Based on the number of replies, rather than having a world tour for the WORLD CHAMPIONS it might be cheaper for the JETS organisation to fly all of us to New York for the celebrations.:yes::yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Would be cool if the Jets get a London game one year. The rest of the board would be pissed for missing a home game, but we'd get to see a game. :D

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Barney Brack;3469940]Thanks for all the replies and it's good to hear I'm not alone on this side of the Atlantic and particularly here in Ireland.

Based on the number of replies, rather than having a world tour for the WORLD CHAMPIONS it might be cheaper for the JETS organisation to fly all of us to New York for the celebrations.:yes::yes:[/QUOTE]

GREAT idea!!!:D

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=Barney Brack;3469940]Thanks for all the replies and it's good to hear I'm not alone on this side of the Atlantic and particularly here in Ireland.

Based on the number of replies, rather than having a world tour for the WORLD CHAMPIONS it might be cheaper for the JETS organisation to fly all of us to New York for the celebrations.:yes::yes:[/QUOTE]

Id definately be up for that one:yes:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=RaoulDuke;3469943]Would be cool if the Jets get a London game one year. The rest of the board would be pissed for missing a home game, but we'd get to see a game. :D[/QUOTE]

Why does it have to be a home game?

:P:D

Veteran
    Barney Brack,

this is totally unrelated, I went to boarding school and played rugby in Kildare.

Lots of us Paddies over here in New York and elsewhere , wearing the other green, spending the green, smoking the green (not really but it rhymes) . . . following 'Dem Boys in Green.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=The Turk;3470044]Why does it have to be a home game?

:P:D[/QUOTE]
    True.

Your ass is in London if we ever play there. First round is on me. :beers: