View Poll Results: During the Championship Week.. I'm listening to?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • WFAN

21 17.07%
  • 1050 ESPN

102 82.93%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WFAN or 1050 ESPN? JETS FANS LET IT BE KNOWN!

there should be a choice for neither. i mostly listen to weei 103.7 not because of the sports but because their morning show talks about other things as well. there's only so much fatcessa, benigni, mike and mike, michael kay one can take.

Jets Insider VIP
    I really wish Bono was on the MK show today, though....

without her there is something seriously missing

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

I will only listen to ESPN1050. Bob Wischusen & Marty Lyons calling the games & Greg Buttle "The Extra Point" after the game shows. :yes:

WFAN, I don't know why, but I can't help cursing at my radio on the way home from work at that A-Hole.

Summer (Mets fan):steamin: and Winter (Jets fan):steamin:

Plus 1050 comes in like crap out on L.I. in the afternoon.
    Last edited by Jetfan61; 01-20-2010 at 03:39 PM.

[QUOTE=C Mart;3468850]Sorry, no offense but a poll on JI isn't going to do a thing.

Don't listen, don't call, don't buy products advertised on his show, write professional emails to WFAN execs, and sponsors of his show might have an affect.[/QUOTE]

You never know who looks at this site

I'm more of a WFAN guy because I love Joe and Evan and I find Francesa entertaining. As for ESPN, I do listen to BT in the morning 10-12 and a little Michael Kay in the afternoon, but due to my schedule by the afternoon (3-4 o clock) Im out of my car and at home so I am done listening to the radio. Overall, its Joe and Evan who make WFAN my primary go to. True Jet Fans. BT is too.

I listen to 1050 the majority of the time. Always listen to Tierney and Kay, mainly because those are usually the times when I'm on the road. During that time, the only time I flip to WFAN is when Colin Cowherd is on. I can't stand him. Also, I'm not usually during this time, but I definitely prefer Boomer & Carton over Mike & Mike, so I would listen to WFAN over 1050 at that point.

All Pro
    Mike and Mike in the Morning for me..Cant stand Boomer, don't even consider him a Jet. Boomer is a self promoter. Joe B. and Evan are the only listen for me on the fan. Then followed by Kay, and Football tonight with Greg Buttle.

Evan Roberts being a big Net fan is a plus for me.
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 01-20-2010 at 04:34 PM.

Not even close, WFAN. I HATE Mike Francesa. He's abrasive, pompous, and just generally a d-bag. But as far as sports knowledge, he runs circles around just about anything 1050 throws out there. I'm (barely) willing to overlook his douchey nature and his intentional instigating us Jet fans to get better knowledge.

ESPN has become MTV. Far more into being controversial or hip than actual sports knowledge. Of course the same could be said for WFAN in light of the Carton hire, but I don't listen to those chuckleheads in the morning. Although I prefer them to Mike and Mike and their lame canned humor. "Gee Mike, I'm such a big guy, and you're such a wee little sissy." "Hahahaha Mike, that may be true, but you love the buffet." Seriously, if you find Mike and Mike funny, go hit yourself in the head with a tackhammer because, well, you know.

Although I do love Jody Mac on 1050. Pound for pound, I think Joe and Evan are my favorites these days.

[QUOTE=Jetfan61;3469054]WFAN, I don't know why, but I can't help cursing at my radio on the way home from work at that A-Hole.

Summer (Mets fan):steamin: and Winter (Jets fan):steamin:

[B]Plus 1050 comes in like crap out on L.I. in the afternoon.[/QUOTE][/B]

i agree why the hell is that?

[QUOTE=broadwayjoe;3469266]Not even close, WFAN. I HATE Mike Francesa. He's abrasive, pompous, and just generally a d-bag. But as far as sports knowledge, he runs circles around just about anything 1050 throws out there. I'm (barely) willing to overlook his douchey nature and his intentional instigating us Jet fans to get better knowledge.

ESPN has become MTV. Far more into being controversial or hip than actual sports knowledge. Of course the same could be said for WFAN in light of the Carton hire, but I don't listen to those chuckleheads in the morning. Although I prefer them to Mike and Mike and their lame canned humor. "Gee Mike, I'm such a big guy, and you're such a wee little sissy." "Hahahaha Mike, that may be true, but you love the buffet." Seriously, if you find Mike and Mike funny, go hit yourself in the head with a tackhammer because, well, you know.

Although I do love Jody Mac on 1050. Pound for pound, I think Joe and Evan are my favorites these days.[/QUOTE]

have to agree as much as francesa has lost alot of respect in my eyes w his jets take..michael kay knows nothing about football...and as a yankee fan i cant stand him..hes such a schill to the yankees...francesa is trying to be like maddog and it really is pissing people off..if it was maddog we would understand his intentions..by the way is maddog still alive?" is anyone alive out there??"...lol..

boomer and carton blows mike and mike away not even close and the ratings show this to be true..

i think both stations at this point leave alot to be desired!!

[QUOTE=ryan10;3469328]
    i think both stations at this point leave alot to be desired!![/QUOTE]

Totally agree. It's not that I think WFAN is perfect by any stretch, but to me it's clearly the lesser of two evils. And I probably shouldn't open this can of worms, but the ESPN mandate that the radio stations were NOT ALLOWED to talk about the Roethlisberger incident - frankly, I don't know that they can still consider themselves journalists. Again, f*ck francesa. But f*ck the rah rah, MTV, all flash-no substance ESPN radio stuff (a little) more.

Not sure if you remember when we used to get Sporting News Radio around here, but I used to love it.

i'll listen to WFAN as long as Fatcessa isn't on the air

Joe and Evan have been going crazy all week. I love it.

10-12 AM is so great with BT and Joe and Evan on.

All League
    [QUOTE=broadwayjoe;3469266]Not even close, WFAN. I HATE Mike Francesa. He's abrasive, pompous, and just generally a d-bag. But as far as sports knowledge, he runs circles around just about anything 1050 throws out there. I'm (barely) willing to overlook his douchey nature and his intentional instigating us Jet fans to get better knowledge.

Although I do love Jody Mac on 1050. Pound for pound, I think Joe and Evan are my favorites these days.[/QUOTE]

+1... although on another thread, I likened M Kay show to a Z-100 type of programming... the parodies, the stupid laughter, & absolutely lack of sports-knowledge... just horrible radio. Next thing they'll do is invite Mr. Leonard to be a co-host.

Mike & Mike in the morning....terrible....

[QUOTE=New Jerzey Jet;3469400]Joe and Evan have been going crazy all week. I love it.

10-12 AM is so great with BT and Joe and Evan on.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I've been switching back and forth between the two which I usually don't do that much. Beningo is much easier for me to listen to now that the Jets are actually being looked at in a positive light.