Thread: I am enjoying this!

I am enjoying this!

I am a long time Patriots fan and a long time Jets hater.....

And for some strange reason, I find myself actually rooting for the Jets. Its cool to see a fanbase finally rewarded for the many years of faithful fandom!

Enjoy the ride! I'm sure it won't be the last time the Jets make a deep playoff run in the next 10 years, but there is NOTHING like the 1st one.

Here's hoping you skewer the colts.

go root for your team on the golf course. we dont want you rooting for us

Where is that new pat chick troll?

Oh and GFY!

thanks you friend!

Its amazing when fans of rival teams can show us some support and idiots like fatcessa can't even acknowledge 1 good thing about the Jets.

Now, with all due respect (and I sincerely mean ALL DUE RESPECT)

GFY!;)

All League
    Thanks bud, I personally have no problem with other people rooting for my team.

Some people fear bandwagoners, personally the only fans I don't like are the ones who claim to be Jets fans for life but had an Eli Manning jersey on during 2007 Super Bowl. :rolleyes:

If you're upfront about being a fan for another team but find the Jets likable, well then cheers :)

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Who roots for another team, when theirs is out? I never understood that...

lol - k...don't know what to make of the responses...its not like I'm trying to patronize you guys or anything...just saying - for all this team has put you through for the last 30 years..You guys deserve the bang for the buck you are getting

Jeesh

[QUOTE=ironman61;3469210]lol - k...don't know what to make of the responses...its not like I'm trying to patronize you guys or anything...just saying - for all this team has put you through for the last 30 years..You guys deserve the bang for the buck you are getting

Jeesh[/QUOTE]

I can see rooting for a team that came out of your division to win it all.

Kind of like that kid from the neighborhood you used to fight with but now he's fighting someone from another neighborhood. Just adds to the vibe:yes:

But GFY anyway ;)

[QUOTE=ironman61;3469136]I am a long time Patriots fan and a long time Jets hater.....

And for some strange reason, I find myself actually rooting for the Jets. Its cool to see a fanbase finally rewarded for the many years of faithful fandom!

Enjoy the ride! I'm sure it won't be the last time the Jets make a deep playoff run in the next 10 years, but there is NOTHING like the 1st one.

Here's hoping you skewer the colts.[/QUOTE]

It's funny, but I remember pulling for the Pats vs. the Rams in 2001, even though the two franchises were years into the Parcells/Kraft border way by that point.

The Rams had pretty classlessly ran the score up on us that year, and the Pats seemed like such an underdog. So I rooted for them in that game.

Little did I know at the time they were cheating.

Thanks bud.

I don't think people realize what rooting for something means to them sometimes.

In 2002, my best friend died. He was a huge Jets fan, like myself, and like my brother. In fact, he was like our brother.

We watched games together, we cheered as hard as we could.

Every time the Jets play, it reminds me of better times. It reminds me of my friend. This past Sunday, he was there with us, and this Sunday, he'll be there too.

And if you're listening up there :rolleyes:, a fumble or two our way wouldn't kill you (really, it wouldn't). :D

That's one of the reasons I love this team.

Jets Jets Jets

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3469255]Thanks bud.

I don't think people realize what rooting for something means to them sometimes.

In 2002, my best friend died. He was a huge Jets fan, like myself, and like my brother. In fact, he was like our brother.

Every time the Jets play, it reminds me of better times. It reminds me of my friend. This past Sunday, he was there with us, and this Sunday, he'll be there too.

And if you're listening up there :rolleyes:, a fumble or two our way wouldn't kill you (really, it wouldn't). :D

Jets Jets Jets[/QUOTE]
    My friends cancer came back and he's terminal. We got the news of This two weeks ago. We always had a bond we would see a SB live together as kids.

We have been watching the Jets together all our lives. This feels like destiny this year. I hope they do it for my buddy :(

[QUOTE=dmitexxi;3469268]My friends cancer came back and he's terminal. We got the news of This two weeks ago. We always had a bond we would see a SB live together as kids.

We have been watching the Jets together all our lives. This feels like destiny this year. I hope they do it for my buddy :([/QUOTE]

+1

very similar story, my buddy Mark passed away last January, huge Jet fan, actually a year to the day tomorrow, it's been tough, everytime we play I can't help but think of him, 4 Months after his death, we draft a man named Mark so I feel as if it's his spirit helping him play and will finally get him a Super Bowl, in Marks honor!!! Cmon Boys you can do it!!!

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;3469254]It's funny, but I remember pulling for the Pats vs. the Rams in 2001, even though the two franchises were years into the Parcells/Kraft border way by that point.

The Rams had pretty classlessly ran the score up on us that year, and the Pats seemed like such an underdog. So I rooted for them in that game.

Little did I know at the time they were[B] cheating[/B].[/QUOTE]

No? You mean spying!! Not the Pats...:D

[QUOTE=Cack89;3469292]very similar story, my buddy Mark passed away last January, huge Jet fan, actually a year to the day tomorrow, it's been tough, everytime we play I can't help but think of him, 4 Months after his death, we draft a man named Mark so I feel as if it's his spirit helping him play and will finally get him a Super Bowl, in Marks honor!!! Cmon Boys you can do it!!![/QUOTE]

+1

[QUOTE=dmitexxi;3469268]My friends cancer came back and he's terminal. We got the news of This two weeks ago. We always had a bond we would see a SB live together as kids.

We have been watching the Jets together all our lives. This feels like destiny this year. I hope they do it for my buddy :([/QUOTE]God Bless him...good luck...

[QUOTE=ironman61;3469136]I am a long time Patriots fan and a long time Jets hater.....

Here's hoping you skewer the colts.[/QUOTE]shut up...

[QUOTE=John_0515;3469255]Thanks bud.

Jets Jets Jets[/QUOTE]

Awesome story. I hate how some non-sports-fans look at us like we're lunatics because we put so much time/emotion into a team that we don't actually suit up for. My response is anything that brings people together the way rooting for the Jets does... can't be all bad. God Bless. And BTW, whoaaaaa bundy.

Jets Insider VIP

We have been watching the Jets together all our lives. This feels like destiny this year. I hope they do it for my buddy :([/QUOTE]

ur friend is in my prayers