Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Remember when Manning was a playoff choker?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember when Manning was a playoff choker?

Are we so sure that one superbowl year has changed that?

Just a thought...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He choked alot vs the Pats early on. He couldn't beat the Pats to save Mora's As*. PLAYOFF'S!! lol!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He didn't look great last week in my opinion. He missed alot of the same types of passes he missed against the Jets in week 16. This is a game where he is expected to win easy. Alot of pressure on his shoulders considering they have no running game.

I could see him having a sub par game (at least sub par for Manning, but still far better than Sanchez). If that happens, we win.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not so sure "choke" is the correct description, especially against the Pats. The only time I thought he choked was against SD.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will look back Sunday night to his monumental choke against the Jets.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=revischrist;3469212]He didn't look great last week in my opinion. He missed alot of the same types of passes he missed against the Jets in week 16. This is a game where he is expected to win easy. Alot of pressure on his shoulders considering they have no running game.

I could see him having a sub par game (at least sub par for Manning, but still far better than Sanchez). If that happens, we win.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Take away that 4th and 4 play that Addai got 1st by 3 inches and the dumb pass interference calls on the Colts drive with 1 minute left (after Ravens did not try to run down clock with 1:48 left) and it would have been 3-3 at half time and not 17-3.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forget choking.

We'll make him remember what it means to play this defense. He's the one who better come to play, otherwise the Colts will lose - big time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peyton never stoped being a choker. He's sucked during that 2006 playoff run to the championship.

The Colts defense caught fire and carried them to the SB that year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I'm alone here, but I don't think he's a choker at all. He's the best QB I've ever seen. And we're still going to beat him.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    His biggest playoff choke.........

The Colts lost their only playoff matchup with the Jets 41-0 in a wild-card contest Jan. 4, 2003. Manning was intercepted twice and limited to 137 yards for a 31.3 passer rating, his lowest in 16 playoff appearances.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't watch the whole game against the Ravens but Peyton looked like the same MVP caliber QB that he's been forever. Precision passes to receivers with CBs draped all over them. I know he threw some picks, one of which counted, but those were to All-World safety Ed Reed.

I just think those hoping for an uncharacteristically poor performance from Manning are asking for too much. He is seriously like a player-coach but not like Pete Rose in the 80s. He's like what you'd get for the Pats if you mashed Brady and BB together.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    i hate to be too negative, but you guys are ABSOLUTELY NUTS...

This is the best QB to ever play this game.

I don't understand everyone, this Colt team was 14-0 and gave us that game. We are 9-7. Where do we get off automatically dismissing a 14-0 opponent? In their stadium, for a SB trip..

If this game were in NJ against an inferior oppnent, would you think we could lose?
    Last edited by ASH_1962; 01-20-2010 at 06:16 PM. Reason: i am always too negative

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASH_1962;3469373]i hate to be too negative, but you guys are ABSOLUTELY NUTS...

This is the best QB to ever play this game.

Who are we?

I don't understanad people, that Colt team was 14-0 and gave us that game. We are 9-7.

We have little to no chance Sunday, sorry guys. i predict the score 35-17 or thereabouts, Colts winning fairly easily.[/QUOTE]

[B][I]Hope is the dream of the soul awake[/I][/B]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manning is held in such high regard that it hides a major blemish on his career: He has been so-so in the playoffs, a mediocre 8-8. A .500 record. In the regular season, he is 130-62 - that's 67.7%.

In the playoffs, he's thrown 24 touchdown passes and 18 interceptions. That's 1.3 TDs for every interception. In the regular season, he has 366 TDs and 181 INTs, which is two TDs for every interception. The difference is startling.
    36 minutes ago

from the daily news....

i would love a old school choke manning performance

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peyton Manning in the playoffs

8-8 record, 378/608 62.2% 4454 yards 24 TD 18 INT 85.2 rating

He's been very.....human.... in the postseason.

What does that mean? Not sure. But hopefully it's a good sign for us.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3469508]Peyton Manning in the playoffs

8-8 record, 378/608 62.2% 4454 yards 24 TD 18 INT 85.2 rating

He's been very.....human.... in the postseason.

What does that mean? Not sure. But hopefully it's a good sign for us.[/QUOTE]

It means he throws 278.4 yards per playoff game, 1.5 TD passes, 1.1 INTs, and well....still has a passer rating of 85.2

I'd look at the more recent statistics of him to get an accurate assessment of how he will perform.