Thread: Around the Horn...

Around the Horn...

Not that I value what these numbskulls say, but did Mariotti just refer to Revis as maybe the best cornerback ever to play? I tuned in just as he was making the statement, and I got off work early today so I've had a few cervezas. Did anyone else hear this?

Honestly, a corner has never had a better season.

All League
    YEa I heard it. The question was:

"How do you know the Jets are doing well? There mouths start moving." and then tony asked if all the talk was good.

Marriotti said they don't need to talk because they have a good team as it is.

[QUOTE=Chupa;3469239]Honestly, a corner has never had a better season.[/QUOTE]

I can't dispute that. I'm only 30, and I can't claim to have watched every great corner play full 16-game seasons, but Revis' 2009 is the best I've ever seen.

All Pro
    Francesa and Simms are also going on and on right now about how GREAT Revis is... both of them...

[QUOTE=Flaming Mo;3469250]Francesa and Simms are also going on and on right now about how GREAT Revis is... both of them...[/QUOTE]

The term for this is called fat-peddling

He actually said he is the best cornerback to ever live haha.

[QUOTE=broadwayjoe;3469247]I can't dispute that. I'm only 30, and I can't claim to have watched every great corner play full 16-game seasons, but Revis' 2009 is the best I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

+1, Deion used leave some space to showboat making picks but couldn't tackle for his life. Revis is the complete package. Cover, tackle, make eggs benedict, fix your transmission and sleep with your girlfriend. He is the best cornerback I've ever seen. Ever.

Deion has been saying it and for mister Ego to say that, ya know its gotta be true.

Besides, he should know. On the NFL networks top 10 cornerback tandems of all time Deion came in at #7. Yeah, that's right, top 10 [B]tandem cornerbacks[/B].

They said that he was so good, that him and anyone on the otherside would rank in at #7 all time.:O

So I guess that means that Revis should be in the top 5 with anyone on the other side.:D

All League
    I can't say I've paid close enough attention to other teams' corners throughout all my years (since the 60's) of watching football to say definitively that he's the best. But I can tell you he's had the best season I've ever witnessed by a Jet cornerback!