Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jinx Alert: I just booked a flight to Miami, so we're pretty much toast on Sunday.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://nfl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p7150792dt.jpg[/IMG]

I just came.

SAR I

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3469629]you truly hate the team, don't you? ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm all in. I won't even boo Woody during the Vince Lombardi presentation at this point.

Sunday I will be a stark, raving lunatic.

It's so close I can taste it. Smell it. Feeeeel it.

I've been watching this team for 30 years. And we are 60 minutes away.

60 minutes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;3469638]I'm all in. I won't even boo Woody during the Vince Lombardi presentation at this point.

60 minutes.[/QUOTE]

ok then. No more jinxing, dude. :yes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;3469638]I'm all in. I won't even boo Woody during the Vince Lombardi presentation at this point.

60 minutes.[/QUOTE]

To prove you're really a Jets fan, post a pic of Woody with "I Love You" printed on it. And mean it.

SAR I

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3469640]ok then. No more jinxing, dude. :yes:[/QUOTE]

I think SAR has all of the jinx/reverse jinx activities operating 24/7, so we're good. I think one involves a family of mexican migrant workers in his basement. I'm not sure what that does, but never question a hot streak.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3469644]To prove you're really a Jets fan, post a pic of Woody with "I Love You" printed on it. And mean it.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

The best I can do is, "Woody, I know you mean well."

Let's get past Sunday first. Baby steps.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

60 minutes.[/QUOTE]

welcome to the bandwagon traitor J! ;):D:D

maybe woody isn't terrible after all.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=batman10023;3469665]welcome to the bandwagon traitor J! ;):D:D

maybe woody isn't terrible after all.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, maybe not. but it's not about him.

it's about me, my dad and 30 years of affliction -- and we have the cure within our grasp.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;3469645]I think SAR has all of the jinx/reverse jinx activities operating 24/7, so we're good. I think one involves a family of mexican migrant workers in his basement. I'm not sure what that does, but never question a hot streak.[/QUOTE]

I won't change my avatar until the post season is over. Put this one up right after the Atlanta game. My wife telling me that she has so many other better paintings I should put up, why stay with one of her Christmas pin-ups? She doesn't understand sports superstitions. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SyracuseJet;3469467]This is a bigger jinx IMO. ;)

[url]http://www.jetsshop.com/jets/home.php?cat=546[/url][/QUOTE]

If you guys get to the SB and lose, I'm going to put the pictures of the
    Nicaraguan kids wearing the Jets SB Champion T's in my sig! ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was almost afraid to even post in this thread because of the potential jinx implications. There's no use of the "S" word allowed in my house. We don't even talk about the city that starts with "M" right now.

The idea of going to see the NY Jets potentially play one more football game after this weekend is referred to as the "possible last minute vacation to South Florida" we might take. I'm not looking at flights, I'm not thinking about hotels. The only thing I'm doing is looking at my calendar for work in case I need to shift some things around and take off some time for a random family vacation to the Southeast in a few weeks.

Can't yet wrap my mind around the possibility of the Jets playing in a football game that I've never been alive to see them play in before. I vented in another thread last night about losing my mind this week....I'm better now and I think it's because I'm actually starting to solely focus on the Jets beating the Colts. I honestly think this will be the single hardest game for the Jets to win in their history. That dome, the fast turf, that quarterback, those weapons, the noise, and what's at stake....it will take 1) a genius gameplan 2) flawless execution and 3) some measure of good luck for the Jets to win this game. With any one of those things missing, we just don't win. So I'm thinking about how Rex might move Revis around to cover Dallas Clark while shifting double coverage to Reggie Wayne. What can Rex do pre-snap vs. post-snap? Would Manning be able to mitigate it by putting Clark in motion to the opposite side of Wayne? Might he spread out Wayne, Garcon and Clark a lot? I'm thinking about the Colts D-line and how many offensive plays we'll need to run in order to wear them down like we finally did to SD by the 4th quarter. I'm thinking about whether Westhoff can "manufacture" some good luck with a surprise onside or a fake punt. Daydreaming about these things, for which I have zero control over, is working for me....rather than doing something I actually have control over....like preordering a hat, or planning a flight.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 01-20-2010 at 11:01 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3469757]I was almost afraid to even post in this thread because of the potential jinx implications. There's no use of the "S" word allowed in my house. We don't even talk about the city that starts with "M" right now.

The idea of going to see the NY Jets potentially play one more football game after this weekend is referred to as the "possible last minute vacation to South Florida" we might take. I'm not looking at flights, I'm not thinking about hotels. The only thing I'm doing is looking at my calendar for work in case I need to shift some things around and take off some time for a random family vacation to the Southeast in a few weeks.

Can't yet wrap my mind around the possibility of the Jets playing in a football game that I've never been alive to see them play in before. I vented in another thread last night about losing my mind this week....I'm better now and I think it's because I'm actually starting to solely focus on the Jets beating the Colts. I honestly think this will be the single hardest game for the Jets to win in their history. That dome, the fast turf, that quarterback, those weapons, the noise, and what's at stake....it will take 1) a genius gameplan 2) flawless execution and 3) some measure of good luck for the Jets to win this game. With any one of those things missing, we just don't win. So I'm thinking about how Rex might move Revis around to cover Dallas Clark while shifting double coverage to Reggie Wayne. What can Rex do pre-snap vs. post-snap? Would Manning be able to mitigate it by putting Clark in motion to the opposite side of Wayne? Might he spread out Wayne, Garcon and Clark a lot? I'm thinking about the Colts D-line and how many offensive plays we'll need to run in order to wear them down like we finally did to SD by the 4th quarter. I'm thinking about whether Westhoff can "manufacture" some good luck with a surprise onside or a fake punt. Daydreaming about these things, for which I have zero control over, is working for me....rather than doing something I actually have control over....like preordering a hat, or planning a flight.[/QUOTE]

Good post. Understand completely.

Didn't lose my mind until today. Realized this is only the THIRD time in my life we got this far and the last time was eleven years ago. It could be another 15 before we get here again and I'm not sure my Dad will be around then. Hell, maybe I won't. Life is short and tomorrow isn't guaranteed.

Carpe Diem, NY Jets. Carpe diem.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SyracuseJet;3469467]This is a bigger jinx IMO. ;)

[url]http://www.jetsshop.com/jets/home.php?cat=546[/url][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.jetsshop.com/jets/images/T/03-179-t.jpg[/IMG]

Who makes AFC Champions Beer? :dunno:

That's just terrible - it looks like a fruit box.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;3469623]JetBlue still has cheap flights to Ft Lauderdale and a good cancellation policy if you apply the fare within a year.

So, it's an option if you want in on the jinx. ;)[/QUOTE]

We booked our flights last night.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3469930][IMG]http://www.jetsshop.com/jets/images/T/03-179-t.jpg[/IMG]

Who makes AFC Champions Beer?

That's just terrible - it looks like a fruit box.[/QUOTE]

I have been waiting my entire life to slip that shirt on my body. They could write those words in moist dog sh*t and I'd wear it unwashed for two straight weeks.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;3469649]The best I can do is, "Woody, I know you mean well."

Let's get past Sunday first. Baby steps.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://blogs.pioneerlocal.com/reeltime/godfather2.jpg[/IMG]

This Sunday, I will need you to do a service for me. For today, accept this justice as a gift for my team's getting to the AFC Championship Game.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Lord, I'm hoping you guys win, but this place is going to be worse than Jonestown if not. Good luck and shove that ball down their throats! :yes:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3470077][IMG]http://blogs.pioneerlocal.com/reeltime/godfather2.jpg[/IMG]

This Sunday, I will need you to do a service for me. For today, accept this justice as a gift for my team's getting to the AFC Championship Game.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

LOL.

Tell you what, if your capo hooks me up with two SB seats, I will return said favor and NEVER post in the PSL thread again.

You're not the only one who can be bought. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;3470092][B]Oh Lord, I'm hoping you guys win, but this place is going to be worse than Jonestown if not.[/B] Good luck and shove that ball down their throats! :yes:[/QUOTE]

Nah, this group deals with crushing losses and broken dreams pretty well.

BTW, anyone know where I can get some rope and a chair?

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3470071]I have been waiting my entire life to slip that shirt on my body. They could write those words in moist dog sh*t and I'd wear it unwashed for two straight weeks.

SAR I[/QUOTE]Amen.

Just don't be holding a Molson's Golden, or a Moosehead when wearing that shirt. :D