Thread: Weatherford needs to have a better game this week

Weatherford needs to have a better game this week

it seemed like every time we punted in SD we gave them a short field... and whenever SD punted even from inside the 20 the guy would crush the ball and knock us back to our 20....

we cant afford to allow give indy short fields like that in the 1st half..... peyton is not rivers

a few of weatherfords punts last sunday had me calling for jay feely

All League
    But the punt downed at the 4 yd line led to the interceptions. Gotta give him some props.

Were not even going to need a punter this week, he'll be on the sidelines the whole time.:yes:

To me Weatherford is slightly below average, and mainly because he is inconsistent.

A lot of times during the year he would kick 38 to 40 yarders when the Jets really needed a 50 yarder (when line of scrimmage was behind the Jets own 15) Then they'd be times when l.o.s was around the Jets 30 and he'd kick one 45 to 48 yards then.

Just look at the other 7 punters in last week's games, they all could crush a 55 yard punt with solid hang time when necessary. The Jets haven't had that type of punter in years and years.

[QUOTE=Johnny Drama;3469449]Were not even going to need a punter this week, he'll be on the sidelines the whole time.:yes:[/QUOTE]

Nice!!!

All League
    Can Feely punt again?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=AG;3469460]Can Feely punt again?[/QUOTE]

The problem is the percentages of him getting hurt. He goes down punting, who is kicking FG's?

We've been down that road before.

We were lucky to get him through the dual duty game in one piece, especially since he has a "football player" mentality and gets his pads dirty...

I'm sure Rex and Westhoff will play it by ear....

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Kleckomania;3469453]To me Weatherford is slightly below average, and mainly because he is inconsistent.

A lot of times during the year he would kick 38 to 40 yarders when the Jets really needed a 50 yarder (when line of scrimmage was behind the Jets own 15) Then they'd be times when l.o.s was around the Jets 30 and he'd kick one 45 to 48 yards then.

Just look at the other 7 punters in last week's games, they all could crush a 55 yard punt with solid hang time when necessary. The Jets haven't had that type of punter in years and years.[/QUOTE]

Well one of those 7 other punters WAS a Jet.