Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revis on NFL Gameday... Moss: Slouch, T.O.: Slouch

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Revis on NFL Gameday... Moss: Slouch, T.O.: Slouch

Funny stuff! Didn't see it posted anywhere.

[B]From Tim Graham blog on ESPN.com---[/B]

Deion Sanders went one-on-one with New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis for a segment on "NFL GameDay Morning" and conducted an interesting name-association quiz. Revis had a couple of interesting responses for future Hall of Famers Terrell Owens and Randy Moss.

Deion Sanders: Two words or less, when I call out a name, tell me what you think.

[B]Darrelle Revis: [/B]OK.

Sanders: T.O.

[B]Revis:[/B] Slouch.

Sanders: Randy Moss.

[B]Revis: [/B]Probably say slouch, too.

Sanders: Chad Ochocinco.

[B]Revis:[/B] Competitor.

Sanders: Steve Smith.

[B]Revis: [/B]Competitor.

[B]Sanders:[/B] Andre Johnson.

Revis: Beast.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Normally I would wonder why a CB would want to motivate a WR. But in reality TO and Moss are passed their prime and not much of a threat to burn Revis at this stage of his career.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can watch that whole interview here: [url]http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/09000d5d815c65a2/Sunday-Sitdown-Darrelle-Revis[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not the end of the world but not sure I like that too much. Part of Revis' appeal is that he's humble amongst a team of talkers. He's going to have a bad game at some point and quotes like this might add fuel to those in looking to knock him off his pedestal.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to see Revis stay far away from Sanders. He's a good humble kid now, we don';t need a loud mouthed self promoting numb nuts to latch onto him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's kind of sad how Johnson's great career has been ignored to this point. Most other franchises and he's a bonafide superstar and the unquestioned top WR in the league right now. MFer should be a Jet. Just like Mario Williams should be a Jet. He's TO 2.0.

Lol @ what he says about TO and Moss.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 01-20-2010 at 11:49 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    DEION:Reggie Wayne
    REVIS:Mediocre at best

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pac2566;3469714]Not the end of the world but not sure I like that too much. Part of Revis' appeal is that he's humble amongst a team of talkers. He's going to have a bad game at some point and quotes like this might add fuel to those in looking to knock him off his pedestal.[/QUOTE]

I agree. That interview contradicts some of what I've heard. He doesn't seem quite as humble as say at the beginning of the year. (With good reason, though.) I also seem to recall hearing him say he would've voted for Charles Woodson for DPOY. He was probably just being PC but now he seems like a hypocrite.

I just hope all the accolades don't get to his head and he starts to slack off. I can see how he considers Moss and T.O. slouches but I didn't appreciate Deion putting him on the spot like that. Moss and T.O., at least this year, didn't seem to fight him for the ball when he intercepted passes going their way. And we all know Moss seems to take plays off.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did anyone notice at the very end of the video they included a clip of Ty Law on the Jets picking off Brady for 6?

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;3469687]Funny stuff! Didn't see it posted anywhere.

[B]From Tim Graham blog on ESPN.com---[/B]

Deion Sanders went one-on-one with New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis for a segment on "NFL GameDay Morning" and conducted an interesting name-association quiz. Revis had a couple of interesting responses for future Hall of Famers Terrell Owens and Randy Moss.

Deion Sanders: Two words or less, when I call out a name, tell me what you think.

[B]Darrelle Revis: [/B]OK.

Sanders: T.O.

[B]Revis:[/B] Slouch.

Sanders: Randy Moss.

[B]Revis: [/B]Probably say slouch, too.

Sanders: Chad Ochocinco.

[B]Revis:[/B] Competitor.

Sanders: Steve Smith.

[B]Revis: [/B]Competitor.

[B]Sanders:[/B] Andre Johnson.

Revis: Beast.[/QUOTE]

That's great; very funny.

btw, your avatar: Is that the end of the game in Miami when Chrebet caught a pass and extended his arms for the 1st down, and the ball hit the turf, causing the ref to call "Incomplete"? BP was livid that day!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that Sanders is a tool and I'm sure Gilbert and Revis family will make sure he stays in line. We all know how close these two are and that Gilbert's word is like the law for Revis. So no worries there...

As to the interview, I think it was all in good fun. Revis was smiling when answering these questions and most of the time was cracking up anyway. Even if he is getting a little arrogant or let's say more confident, I see it as a positive development for his career. Now arrogant might be the wrong word but Revis is realizing how outstanding his abilities are and what a special player he is. Now a guy like him, if he wants it or not, should be a team leader and vocal to his teammates. And he has to stand up for his team, speak out for his team and live and breath confidence. To be a real superstar, you atleast gotta have a certain kind of swagger, that good natured cockiness of knowing you will own your opponent. Every all time great has that, even the quiet ones like a Tim Duncan for example.

I still haven't seen any signs that Revis is losing his head, his play on the field is actually getting better by the week (scary when you think about it) and whenever I hear him in an interview he is very polite, sincere and comes across as a very humble, good kid. That's the thing you gotta love about him, he's a humble superstar. You don't find many of these in this day and age...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pac2566;3469714]Not the end of the world but not sure I like that too much. Part of Revis' appeal is that he's humble amongst a team of talkers. [B]He's going to have a bad game at some point[/B] and quotes like this might add fuel to those in looking to knock him off his pedestal.[/QUOTE]
    Are you sure about that?

I keep waiting for him to have a bad game (don't get me wrong- it's not something I want to see). It hasn't happened this season. The man is not human! :eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey, he was right on both those two overrated team cancers

Owens is certainly out the door in Buffalo and rumors are that Belicheat is about to throw Randi Slouch under the bus with Pees and about 6 other filthy cheating scumbags before he quits himself at the end of next season when they fall to third place below

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    While he wasn't off the mark with his comment, I still wasn't happy that he came out and said it.

We need him to stay humble and hungry...... and not become Kerry Rhodes.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he took the shots for 2 reasons:
    1. He is 100% correct on both counts.
    2. They have shown ZERO respect for Revis with their comments. Time for DRs verbal payback.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    TO is a slouch and Moss took shots at Revis earlier in the year so it's obvious that comment was just firing back. I don't really have a problem with it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey man, these are the NEW JETS:

[B]J[/B]ust [B]E[/B]xpressin' [B]T[/B]ruthful [B]S[/B]tatements.

All the old-school buttoned-down weak non-statements left with Mangina. If the rest of the league and everyone else's fans have a problem with it, [B][U]GOOD![/U][/B]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    it doesn't bother me so much. steve smith has been underwhelming most of this year, and revis was still complimentary to him. i think moss' shots at revis have been bothering revis for a while, so he took his turn to send him a message. t.o. is a tool who has screwed up the later stages of his career. he's been nothing short of awful this year. i don't think anyone's worried about what owens will do. he's washed up and a brat to boot. now, if revis did that to andre johnson, maybe i'd be worried.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I will say that Revis isn't a loud mouth, to say he's humble... eh, it's hard to say. He doesn't go around talking about how great he is and he's not content with where he his right now. So I guess you can say humble.

However, the kid is 150% extremely confident in his skills and knows he's better than everyone else. Is this humility? It's hard to say. But you have to be extremely confident to play CB, especially in the NFL. It's probably the hardest position to play outside QB and it's a one on one battle every snap which can be the sole reason a team wins or loses.

Is he humble? I don't think so. He doesn't have an ego, that's what's important. Although what's the difference between self confidence, ego and humility... not really anything. Either way I don't care. He's great and he doesn't run his mouth. And even if he did I wouldn't care because he's that damn good.

That's what I call circular logic... haha.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted him to be humble, like Derek Jeter who he said he wants to model himself after as a New York icon with dignity. In the rest of the interview he was and then he dropped these shocking name calls. I was really, really surprised and I can't lie, a bit disappointed.

I think he feels disrespected by Moss for sure and it's probably safe to assume that TO with his big mouth did likewise at some point during the season. And that explains the name calls but I'd rather he didn't.

But at this point I'm not going argue with anything concerning the attitude of this team. There hasn't been a swagger like this since the 85' Bears and this team has backed up everything they've said. That's why I'm not concerned about the magazine covers, I guess even the late night talk show appearances or this. This team wins or loses and this stuff has no effect on them.