Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revis on NFL Gameday... Moss: Slouch, T.O.: Slouch

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [URL="http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207893"]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207893[/URL]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moss said Revis was not a shutdown corner, which is not disrespectful to a 2nd year player....on the other hand, Revis calling another player in the league a "slouch" [U]IS[/U] disrespectful, regardless if the player is arguably the seconnd greatest WR in NFL history or not.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gcherd;3470345]Moss said Revis was not a shutdown corner, which is not disrespectful to a 2nd year player....on the other hand, Revis calling another player in the league a "slouch" [U]IS[/U] disrespectful, regardless if the player is arguably the seconnd greatest WR in NFL history or not.[/QUOTE]

Moss gave Revis absolutely no credit. That is disrespectful.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJets 4 Life;3470353]Moss gave Revis absolutely no credit. That is disrespectful.[/QUOTE]
    This article states that Andre Johnson said the same thing as Randy Moss said, but in the interview where Revis dissed Moss he complimented Johnson.

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2009/09/22/2009-09-22_revis_moss.html[/url]

Randy Moss does make me cringe with his antics sometimes. I wish he had the attitude and work ethic of Jerry Rice; it would have been even more fun to watch Moss in action.
    Last edited by gcherd; 01-21-2010 at 12:55 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's mildly disappointing because Moss and Owens have earned their spots in the HOF while Revis has yet to. Yes I know it's looking like he's headed towards that type of career but until he's been doing awhile he should take it easy with calling out 2 of the best WR's to ever play.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The truth hurts I see.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pac2566;3470383]it's mildly disappointing because Moss and Owens have earned their spots in the HOF while Revis has yet to. Yes I know it's looking like he's headed towards that type of career but until he's been doing awhile he should take it easy with calling out 2 of the best WR's to ever play.[/QUOTE]

That's it right there. Owens has also given Revis his due even as a rookie. I love Revis but he's can't let the praise get to him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This may also be a classic example of a poor choice of words. While [I]slouch[/I] always conveys a negative connotation, there may be something else at play here in it's use as a descriptor. Per Webster's, a slouch is [I]"one that is unimpressive; especially : [B]a lazy[/B] or incompetent person —used in negative constructions"[/I] Haven't both of those receivers had their on-field effort questioned before? Maybe this was his interpretation?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3469716]I'd like to see Revis stay far away from Sanders. He's a good humble kid now, we don';t need a loud mouthed self promoting numb nuts to latch onto him.[/QUOTE]

really, did you forget this guy is attached to Ty Law?