Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revis on NFL Gameday... Moss: Slouch, T.O.: Slouch

All League
    Moss said Revis was not a shutdown corner, which is not disrespectful to a 2nd year player....on the other hand, Revis calling another player in the league a "slouch" IS disrespectful, regardless if the player is arguably the seconnd greatest WR in NFL history or not.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by gcherd View Post
    Moss said Revis was not a shutdown corner, which is not disrespectful to a 2nd year player....on the other hand, Revis calling another player in the league a "slouch" IS disrespectful, regardless if the player is arguably the seconnd greatest WR in NFL history or not.
    Moss gave Revis absolutely no credit. That is disrespectful.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
    Moss gave Revis absolutely no credit. That is disrespectful.
    This article states that Andre Johnson said the same thing as Randy Moss said, but in the interview where Revis dissed Moss he complimented Johnson.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...evis_moss.html

Randy Moss does make me cringe with his antics sometimes. I wish he had the attitude and work ethic of Jerry Rice; it would have been even more fun to watch Moss in action.
    Last edited by gcherd; 01-21-2010 at 12:55 PM.

All Pro
    it's mildly disappointing because Moss and Owens have earned their spots in the HOF while Revis has yet to. Yes I know it's looking like he's headed towards that type of career but until he's been doing awhile he should take it easy with calling out 2 of the best WR's to ever play.

All Pro
    The truth hurts I see.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac2566 View Post
    it's mildly disappointing because Moss and Owens have earned their spots in the HOF while Revis has yet to. Yes I know it's looking like he's headed towards that type of career but until he's been doing awhile he should take it easy with calling out 2 of the best WR's to ever play.
    That's it right there. Owens has also given Revis his due even as a rookie. I love Revis but he's can't let the praise get to him.

All Pro
    This may also be a classic example of a poor choice of words. While slouch always conveys a negative connotation, there may be something else at play here in it's use as a descriptor. Per Webster's, a slouch is "one that is unimpressive; especially : a lazy or incompetent person —used in negative constructions" Haven't both of those receivers had their on-field effort questioned before? Maybe this was his interpretation?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I'd like to see Revis stay far away from Sanders. He's a good humble kid now, we don';t need a loud mouthed self promoting numb nuts to latch onto him.
    really, did you forget this guy is attached to Ty Law?