Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Curtis Martin Will Be Our Honorary Captain For The AFC Championship Game

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get it. Deuce still had alot of HIS team on the squad still. Can that even be said of Curtis? Most of his line, his QB, heck, all of his complimentary backs AND the others on offense aren't even on the squad anymore.

It's cool for the fans, but is this HIS idea? I thought he disliked football and just used it as a springboard and financial base to his entrepreneurial endeavors.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Darth Vader;3469694]
    [url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/multimedia/video/72-jetstv-curtis-martin-highlights[/url][/QUOTE]

I just got a little weepy....Great highlight reel from IMO the best Jets running back of all-time, and the classiest player to ever suit up for us.

Thanks for the great link.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanDownSouth;3470315]SAR, Did you ever think the SOJ loser was you?[/QUOTE]

No. I never played for the team. Unless I forgot to wear my lucky underwear while watching a playoff game that I can't recall, I never affected the outcome of one of Curtis Martin's playoff chokes.

All Curtis Martin did was stay healthy. There's no HOF nomination for that.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3470282]Curtis Martin's career playoff numbers over 10 total games

rushing - 182 att 795 yds 4.37 ypc 8 TDs
    receiving - 37 catches 305 yds 8.24 ypc

granted he did not put up big numbers vs Denver in AFCCG, but I believe Vinnie threw the ball more than 50 times that game.[/QUOTE]

I don't care what he did as a Pat which those numbers reflect..Remember the Pats got him in the 3rd rd which was a good pick for them, it cost us a 1st and a 3rd..As a Jet in the playoffs he had 3 tds and 528 yds as a jet at 4ypc.
    Does anyone care what Favre did when he wasn't a Jet?? People kill Favre because he didn't want to be a Jet. Well Martin didn't want to be a Pat so that good team player left his teammates to follow the Tuna..And had it been financially possible when the Tuna was HC of the cowboys Cumar would have been on the first plane out to Big D.. And of course Vinny had to pass at Denver he had no running game..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3470427]I don't care what he did as a Pat which those numbers reflect..Remember the Pats got him in the 3rd rd which was a good pick for them, it cost us a 1st and a 3rd..As a Jet in the playoffs he had 3 tds and 528 yds as a jet at 4ypc.
    Does anyone care what Favre did when he wasn't a Jet?? People kill Favre because he didn't want to be a Jet. Well Martin didn't want to be a Pat so that good team player left his teammates to follow the Tuna..And had it been financially possible when the Tuna was HC of the cowboys Cumar would have been on the first plane out to Big D.. And of course Vinny had to pass at Denver he had no running game..[/QUOTE]

people killed favre because he used the jets...martins situation is different he didnt want to play for the pats so therefore he didnt...if he stayed with the pats to get a big paycheck then it would be the same

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    that would be awesome

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    would this mean he would have to restart his 5 year waiting period to get into the HOF

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bleedgreen03;3470619]people killed favre because he used the jets...martins situation is different he didnt want to play for the pats so therefore he didnt...if he stayed with the pats to get a big paycheck then it would be the same[/QUOTE]

Spin it any way you want just don't try to tell my a Team Player leaves his team to follow a Coach..He and Tuna used a poison pill to screw the Pats..How would you feel if Revis or Harris did that to the Jets to go play for Mangini?? Would that be a class move??:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice for Curtis

please stop with the suiting up thing, though...\

thanks

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3470721]Spin it any way you want just don't try to tell my a Team Player leaves his team to follow a Coach..He and Tuna used a poison pill to screw the Pats..How would you feel if Revis or Harris did that to the Jets to go play for Mangini?? Would that be a class move??:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

its not spinning it, its the fact...if your a great worker and enjoy the person you work for and he tells you he is going to another company and you have an opportunity to follow while also making more money, your not gonna do it?? scott and leaonard just did it a couple months back...i am already getting myself ready for the day revis bolts, i dont think its that impossible especially after how is rookie contract signing went...people quit jobs and change companies all the time, does that make them bad people??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3470721]Spin it any way you want just don't try to tell my a Team Player leaves his team to follow a Coach..He and Tuna used a poison pill to screw the Pats..How would you feel if Revis or Harris did that to the Jets to go play for Mangini?? Would that be a class move??:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Who cares? I hate the Pats and love the Jets. His moves were right be me.

Never understood the ridiculous CuMar hate from some around here. He was a great player for us, and as classy and selfless as they come in the NFL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good stuff, glad to see the Jets honoring their past greats!!! It's good karma.

Five pages! Wow, what else were you guys talking about here?:rolleyes:

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure, Brady the football player has a better record than Curtis. He played on a better team.

But think of Curtis, the man, versus Brady. End of story.

God bless CM

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    edge is gonna be representing the colts for the coin toss as well

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3470203]Excuses?? There has never been a Jet player that got more excuses then Martin..You weren't even on the board as a poster when Martin played.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Since you've been here so much longer you CLEARLY know SOOOO much more!
    You are expert! :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3470927]Since you've been here so much longer you CLEARLY know SOOOO much more!
    You are expert! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    you get +10 internetz!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bleedgreen03;3470913]edge is gonna be representing the colts for the coin toss as well[/QUOTE]

=============================================

[url]http://www.indystar.com/article/20100121/SPORTS03/100121025/1100[/url]

Former running back Edgerrin James and Sammy Davis, a former U.S. Army soldier and Medal of Honor recipient, have been named the Indianapolis Colts’ honorary co-captains for Sunday’s AFC Championship game against the New York Jets