Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Curtis Martin Will Be Our Honorary Captain For The AFC Championship Game

All League
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3470031]We got Curtis Martin, they got Tom Brady. Yeah, every Pats fan is just burnin' over [I]that [/I]one.[/QUOTE]Except they are. They got Robert Edwards and Chris Floyd as compensation for Curtis.

All League
    Let it be done. This is what I'd like my last memory of Curtis Martin to be.

All League
    Curtis "My Favorite" Martin...what a warrior man gave everything he had to the Jets organization and Jets fans!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3470016]As much as I like Curtis, why delay the Hall of Fame?

Just be a non-roster honorary captain.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's "official", Venom. Curtis submitted his retirement papers long ago. He'd have to be reinstated by Goodell (similar to Favre).

I don't think that Curtis has to go through that trouble just to be the honorary captain.

The Deuce McCallister situation was different. He was cut by the Saints and never filed retirement papers. So he signed a contract and then retired.

Curtis is not going to be signing a contract with the Jets so his date with the HOF won't be delayed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jets1958;3469741]Curtis is the embodiment of what it means to be a team player. What a tribute to Rex![/QUOTE]

Yep give me all the carries screw the other backs..In his Championship game a fumble and 14 yds rushing what a great memory to bring back..:rolleyes:

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=bleedgreen03;3470048]Curtis "My Favorite" Martin...what a warrior man gave everything he had to the Jets organization and Jets fans![/QUOTE]

Oh how I wish that the Jets fan's definition of "warrior" wasn't defined by the likes of losers like Martin and Pennington.

I'd have thought Coach Ryan would have rubbed off on these types by now.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=SMC;3470057]

Curtis is not going to be signing a contract with the Jets so his date with the HOF won't be delayed.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame? Ha ha ha. Right next to Freeman McNeil, I can see it now...

SAR I

enter Savage in 3..2...1 ;)

All Pro
    Without question Klecko should be the captain, Not Curtis, who choked big time in the Denver 99 game. Of course we save Namath for the Super Bowl.:yes:

[QUOTE=SAR I;3470061]Oh how I wish that the Jets fan's definition of "warrior" wasn't defined by the likes of losers like Martin and Pennington.

I'd have thought Coach Ryan would have rubbed off on these types by now.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

SAR... Why dont you just shut the hell up. You really are a disgusting human being. I know half of what you post is just to get a rise out of people but sometimes you go too far. CMar is a future hall of famer who was the only thing to cheer about for this team for a very long time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=woodside;3470065]enter Savage in 3..2...1 ;)[/QUOTE]

Dam are you late..:eek: You would probably wait 10 seconds to throw a hand grenade with a 8 second fuse..:P

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=JetsFanDownSouth;3470073]SAR... Why dont you just shut the hell up. You really are a disgusting human being. I know half of what you post is just to get a rise out of people but sometimes you go too far. CMar is a future hall of famer who was the only thing to cheer about for this team for a very long time.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, not a Mets fan. Not going to give a pass to players who couldn't get it done in crunch time but looked pretty in the uniform. Derek Jeter, Hall of Fame. David Wright, nope.

Savvy?

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=2009fatman;3470066]Without question Klecko should be the captain, Not Curtis, who choked big time in the Denver 99 game. Of course we save Namath for the Super Bowl.[/QUOTE]

I am shocked that Rex Ryan, who has done so much to rid us of the SOJ culture, would invite some of the biggest SOJ losers [I]ever [/I]to infect the team [I]this [/I]close to the Super Bowl.

Keep the 2009 team segregated. Divorce them from the 1970-2008 teams. For the love of God.

SAR I

Banned
    [QUOTE=ozu;3470030]Badass. Love Curtis and love that every Pats fan is still butthurt that he was "stolen".[/QUOTE]

WTF are you talking about?

I don't know one Pats fan who gives a rat's ass about Martin going to the Jets.

The guy could be the the biggest underachiever in NFL history in big game situations.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SAR I;3470081]Sorry, not a Mets fan. Not going to give a pass to players who couldn't get it done in crunch time but looked pretty in the uniform. Derek Jeter, Hall of Fame. David Wright, nope.

Savvy?

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I wonder if jet fans would say Revis or Harris were class guys if they had a poison pill in their contract to screw the Jets because they wanted to go play for Mangini and the Browns.. Of course after the Tuna and the compiler used that it was declared illegal by the league..:eek: Martin goes up against Faulk and the Bus when he's illegible think they put in 3 RB's only 2 of which were on SB winning teams??
    Last edited by Savage69; 01-21-2010 at 10:08 AM.

[QUOTE=SAR I;3470082]I am shocked that Rex Ryan, who has done so much to rid us of the SOJ culture, would invite some of the biggest SOJ losers [I]ever [/I]to infect the team [I]this [/I]close to the Super Bowl.

Keep the 2009 team segregated. Divorce them from the 1970-2008 teams. For the love of God.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Though I dont agree with your SOJ reference, I do agree to keep these 2 teams segregated. Aside from Ellis, who else on the team played when CuMart was here?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3470093]Though I dont agree with your SOJ reference, I do agree to keep these 2 teams segregated. Aside from Ellis, who else on the team played when CuMart was here?[/QUOTE]

BT,Dearth for 2 more..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SAR I;3470082]I am shocked that Rex Ryan, who has done so much to rid us of the SOJ culture, would invite some of the biggest SOJ losers [I]ever [/I]to infect the team [I]this [/I]close to the Super Bowl.

SAR I[/QUOTE]
    The Jets went 68-60 over the Curtis years, including two disasterous double digit losing seasons during Heerm's tenure. Without checking I'm guessing the most successful run for the team in its history considering it's a .455 team.

Of course things are different now, but that has taken 5 years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetswin;3470099]The Jets went 68-60 over the Curtis years, including two disasterous double digit losing seasons during Heerm's tenure. Without checking I'm guessing the most successful run for the team in its history considering it's a .455 team.

Of course things are different now, but that has taken 5 years.[/QUOTE]

Oh yes his 3.5 ypc and 8 td's in 98 was the big reason we went 12-4 in 98..So where's the love for Adrian Murrell who in 97 the Jets won 8 more games then the year before without Vinny,Mawae,Fabini etc and had 3.6 and 7 td's on 69 less carries then the compiler???:eek:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Savage69;3470108]Oh yes his 3.5 ypc and 8 td's in 98 was the big reason we went 12-4 in 98..So where's the love for Adrian Murrell who in 97 the Jets won 8 more games then the year before without Vinny,Mawae,Fabini etc and had 3.6 and 7 td's on 69 less carries then the compiler???:eek:[/QUOTE]
    I was always a murrell fan, but whether Martin rushed for 3 ypc or 5 ypc the fact remains he was the man Parcells wanted when he set out to change the culture for our team.