Thread: All the pressure is on Manning not us

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

All the pressure is on Manning not us

This is arguably Manning's 2nd most important game of his career. His post season record is 5-5 (with 3 losses to the videotaping Belicheater) The experts say the final 2 games were thrown just to get Manning to the Super Bowl in one piece. If he doesn't make it, it will be personally devestating for Manning. In his mind, it's one thing to lose to the Pats or the Steelers, but, the Jets??? Up Indy!!!

We will find a way! :yes:

Jets 26 (Feely: 4 FG's in the dome baby!)
    Colts 24

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nah, he'll get there. ...I have a gut feeling, and it's awful, that we'll witness almost like what we saw in 2005 Steelers vs Seahawks. To this day, I still feel that game was fixed. The NFL wants Manning in the SB. They will see fit he goes. I predict a lot of bogus calls. ..maybe a roughing the passer, and a slew of PI. This is my biggest fear.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets are a bigger story nationally. Had Indy gone undefeated, then yes, I think the NFL fixes the game.
    Jets got so many bad calls in that 1st game it was ridiculous. The pushoff on Sheppard! The revis PI call! Colts had at least 3 blatant offensive holding calls that were completely ignored.
    Funny how when Payton went to the bench, everything flipped into the Jets favor & not another call against them in the 4th quarter.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    All the pressure is on me. If I have to wait another 40 something years for another Super Bowl, I'll be 98 years old.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsSpinner;3470067]All the pressure is on me. If I have to wait another 40 something years for another Super Bowl, I'll be 98 years old.[/QUOTE]

The only pressure Manning will feel will be our D planting him in his living room carpet.:steamin:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cant help but notice that the Colts won 7 games by 4 points or less against ok teams. That has to play well for us defensively.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you look at their schedule it was not very difficult. But that holds true pretty much league wide, the NFL is getting closer to what it wants, which is having any given team make it to, or come close to the Superbowl. They don't want to wind up like other sports. This way they can turn billions into multi- billions.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you look at Manning's numbers, he's played relatively well in the playoffs of late, HOWEVER, it hasn't translated into wins.

I anticipate another good game by Manning, but if our defense plays well, we could get a turnover or two out of him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are some other factors that have, and will impact the Jets D, however, if there were any game that the phrase, "Defense Wins Championships" ever rang true this would be it.........

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;3470015]I have a gut feeling, and it's awful, that we'll witness almost like what we saw in 2005 Steelers vs Seahawks. To this day, I still feel that game was fixed. The NFL wants Manning in the SB. They will see fit he goes. I predict a lot of bogus calls. ..maybe a roughing the passer, and a slew of PI. This is my biggest fear.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying not to think like that...

I'm trying to think like this is an all new era for us & SOJ is DEAD DEAD DEAD!

The refs totally screwed us in '83 with the infamous "Mud Bowl" and we WOULD have beaten the redskins that year - there is no doubt in my mind :yes:

If the refs do this to us again - all these years later - I may just quit following football. If we out play better than the Colts then F Manning - that's life folks. Brady lost to the Giants and his life went on.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peyton Manning is 8-8 in the playoffs, not 5-5. Not that there's exactly a huge difference (other than longevity) but I thought I'd point that out.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;3470408]Peyton Manning is 8-8 in the playoffs, not 5-5. Not that there's exactly a huge difference (other than longevity) but I thought I'd point that out.[/QUOTE]

Well, he won his game for the year.