Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to attack Peyton Manning?

heres my list

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3471292]What is hard to understand is how ridiculous a statement it is.

So let's see that list you have of nine QBs in the league right now who have better arms than Manning.[/QUOTE]

1) roethlisberger
    2) Cutler
    3) Favre
    4) Rivers
    5) Eli Manning
    6) Jamarcus
    7) Kerry Collins
    8) Kurt Warner
    9) McNabb
    10) Rodgers
    11) Stafford
    12) Brady
    13) Palmer
    14) Flacco
    15) Schaub

[QUOTE=J-Diddy;3471306]1) [B]roethlisberger[/B]
    2) [B]Cutler[/B]
    3) [B]Favre[/B]
    4) [B]Rivers[/B]
    5) [B]Eli Manning[/B]
    6) [B]Jamarcus [/B]
    7) [B]Kerry Collins[/B]
    8) [B]Kurt Warner[/B]
    9) [B]McNabb[/B]
    10) [B]Rodgers[/B]
    11) [B]Stafford[/B]
    12) [B]Brady[/B]
    13) [B]Palmer[/B]
    14) [B]Flacco[/B]
    15) [B]Schaub[/B][/QUOTE]

Oh, dude.......[URL=http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4469][IMG]http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/20/281160490921c2b1c98f9cb8914c43db61226fe1.gif[/IMG][/URL]
    Last edited by Vinny Patrollie; 01-21-2010 at 08:55 PM.

[QUOTE=J-Diddy;3471306]1) roethlisberger
    2) Cutler
    3) Favre
    4) Rivers
    5) Eli Manning
    6) Jamarcus
    7) Kerry Collins
    8) Kurt Warner
    9) McNabb
    10) Rodgers
    11) Stafford
    12) Brady
    13) Palmer
    14) Flacco
    15) Schaub[/QUOTE]

What are you smoking and where can I get some.....I seen some serious crap thrown out there, but this takes the cake. Cutler....really?

[QUOTE=SteveWfan;3471330]What are you smoking and where can I get some.....I seen some serious crap thrown out there, but this takes the cake. Cutler....really?[/QUOTE]

the question was name 9 QB's that have a stronger arm then Payton. Cutler has one of the strongest if not the strongest arm in the NFL.... i would actually like some of whatever u are smoking.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3471292]What is hard to understand is how ridiculous a statement it is.

So let's see that list you have of nine QBs in the league right now who have better arms than Manning.[/QUOTE]

In no particular order:

Matthew Stafford
    Carson Palmer
    Byron Russell
    Donovan McNabb
    Aaron Rodgers
    Brett Favre
    Jason Campbell
    Jay Cutler
    Joe Flacco
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Josh Freeman

That's eleven, in case you weren't counting.

And to further support my argument, here's a link that you probably won't read, because you likely don't know football all that well. [url]http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/6656792/ns/sports-nfl/[/url]

Saying Peyton Manning's arm isn't elite isn't a slight, it's a fact. I already stated he's one of the greatest of all time.
    Last edited by Jack Straw; 01-21-2010 at 09:09 PM.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=SteveWfan;3471330]What are you smoking and where can I get some.....I seen some serious crap thrown out there, but this takes the cake. Cutler....really?[/QUOTE]

Cutler has the strongest arm in the league. The question is, what are YOU smoking? Don't confuse "strongest arm" with "best quarterback." Cutler's arm is the much stronger than Peyton's. Obviously he's nowhere near Peyton as a quarterback, but we're talking about arm strength.

All League

is your last name Somers?

[QUOTE=Jack Straw;3471336]In no particular order:

Matthew Stafford
    Carson Palmer
    Byron Russell
    Donovan McNabb
    Aaron Rodgers
    Brett Favre
    Jason Campbell
    Jay Cutler
    Joe Flacco
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Josh Freeman

And to further support my argument, here's a link that you probably won't read, because you likely don't know football all that well. [url]http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/6656792/ns/sports-nfl/[/url]

Saying Peyton Manning's arm isn't elite isn't a slight, it's a fact. I already stated he's one of the greatest of all time.[/QUOTE]

You're right. He has about an average NFL arm. If CBNY is reading this, he will also tell you that Manning was considered just to have average arm strength when he was coming out of Tennessee. Not sure what these other guys are smoking . . .

I don't think Rivers has a great arm either.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Gurney.....

Veteran
    [QUOTE=detectivekimble;3471380]You're right. He has about an average NFL arm. If CBNY is reading this, he will also tell you that Manning was considered just to have average arm strength when he was coming out of Tennessee. Not sure what these other guys are smoking . . .

I don't think Rivers has a great arm either.[/QUOTE]

First of all, re-read my post. Please, re-read it, because nowhere did I state that Peyton has an "average" arm. I said his arm is good to very good, just not ELITE.

Philip Rivers' has an average arm, and is a tier below Peyton's. I invite CBNY's opinion to this conversation. I don't think he'd agree with your view on this.

[QUOTE=Jack Straw;3471393]First of all, re-read my post. Please, re-read it, because nowhere did I state that Peyton has an "average" arm. I said his arm is good to very good, just not ELITE.

Philip Rivers' has an average arm, and is a tier below Peyton's. I invite CBNY's opinion to this conversation. I don't think he'd agree with your view on this.[/QUOTE]

If he has the 15th or 16th best arm in the NFL, isn't that the definition of average?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Everyone over analyzes, he had one good year.....

Veteran
    [QUOTE=detectivekimble;3471405]If he has the 15th or 16th best arm in the NFL, isn't that the definition of average?[/QUOTE]

Where do you see 15th or 16th best arm in my post? I was strictly speaking about starting NFL QBs. There are plenty of backups in this league with stronger arms than Peyton. Peyton's arm is in the second Tier of NFL starters...it's good, not ELITE. He's not in the top 25% of NFL starters. It's better than Kurt Warner, not as good Jay Cutler, and probably on par with Drew Brees.

You guys act like arm strength is = d*ck size. Relax. It's the motion in the ocean, not the size of the boat.

[QUOTE=Jack Straw;3471415]Where do you see 15th or 16th best arm in my post? I was strictly speaking about starting NFL QBs. Peyton's arm is in the second Tier of NFL starters...it's good, not ELITE. He's not in the top 25% of NFL starters. It's better than Kurt Warner, not as good Jay Cutler, and probably on par with Drew Brees.

You guys act like arm strength is = d*ck size. Relax. It's the motion in the ocean, not the size of the boat.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say you said he had the 15th or 16th best arm. But an earlier post listed 14 or so other arms that were better and I thought that was about right. He has an average NFL arm and I don't say that as a negative.

CBNY has also said that around the league, Manning's arm is considered average. Read here:

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195095&page=4[/url]

So, you're wrong.
    Last edited by detectivekimble; 01-21-2010 at 10:13 PM.

i agree that arm strength means nothing, look at JeMarcus Russell. Can throw 70 yards from his knees, but has a forty something percent completion percentage.

I do disagree that Manning does not have an elite arm. Brady's arm is not stronger than Mannings, as just one example.

Banned
    Fake the blitz. Manning became a HOF'er based on his audibles. Blitz him half the time and then fake it the other half. Confuse Peyton that's how you beat him.

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3471469]Fake the blitz. Manning became a HOF'er based on his audibles. Blitz him half the time and then fake it the other half. Confuse Peyton that's how you beat him.[/QUOTE]

We can figure this out. I have no doubt Rex is up, with two pizzas and a cheeseburger, watching films trying to figure out how to stop Manning.

Banned
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3471475]We can figure this out. I have no doubt Rex is up, with two pizzas and a cheeseburger, watching films trying to figure out how to stop Manning.[/QUOTE]

Rex knows what he's doing. Last two weeks he managed to stump Carson Palmer and Philip Rivers. I think the fake blitz and falling into an umbrella when Peyton expects a blitz and man to man will be the key.

All League
    [URL="http://www.nfl.com/videos/indianapolis-colts/09000d5d81488fb8"]http://www.nfl.com/videos/indianapolis-colts/09000d5d81488fb8[/URL]

If Revis can lock down Wayne that shifts th dynamic of this defense. He won't need safety help thus we can either use a safety to cover somebody or blitz.
    Last edited by FreshBaked 24 7; 01-21-2010 at 10:40 PM.

[QUOTE=Jack Straw;3471336]In no particular order:

Matthew Stafford
    Carson Palmer
    Byron Russell
    Donovan McNabb
    Aaron Rodgers
    Brett Favre
    Jason Campbell
    Jay Cutler
    Joe Flacco
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Josh Freeman

Saying Peyton Manning's arm isn't elite isn't a slight, it's a fact. I already stated he's one of the greatest of all time.[/QUOTE]

You said "elite" not "strong". So clearly you know less about English than you do about football.