Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kerry Rhodes bangs knee at practice

[QUOTE=BLEEDgreenN'white;3470636]Where did you hear about this? I can't find anywhere online about this.[/QUOTE]

Same here, nothing on twitter, ESPN, rotoworld, you would think something like this would get out immediately.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Not that I don't believe the OP but did anyone else hear this? Any more details?

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3470645]Not that I don't believe the OP but did anyone else hear this? Any more details?[/QUOTE]

They keep playing it on ESPN radio plus Rex said it in his press conference today, its on the website, that Kerry Rhodes banged his knee and was limited. Nobody asked any further questions about the injuries. So that's all we know as of now.

Is this thread designed to get us to realize how important Kerry is to the team? I for one vote it's effective. I want him out there.

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3470647]Its true, I heard it on ESPN Radio too .. left practice with a swollen keee, heavily wrapped and limping[/QUOTE]

Time for Gholston to shine at safety. F**k!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3470648]They keep playing it on ESPN radio plus Rex said it in his press conference today, its on the website, that Kerry Rhodes banged his knee and was limited. Nobody asked any further questions about the injuries. So that's all we know as of now.[/QUOTE]

Yep, Rex said that Rhodes bumped his knew and was listed at limited at practice.

I don't know why people are even suggesting Rhodes won't play on Sunday. The Chicken Little act is crazy.

Jets Insider VIP
    No reason to panic or speculate until we get some official news here. Obviously it's not good news but if he "banged it" it might just be swollen and 48 hours of icing will make it fine.

Let's not panic....yet.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Banged and limping because of being wrapped and iced sounds a lot better than twisted and limping imho.

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3470661]Never want to hear the words .. [B]injured, knee, swollen, heavily wrapped and limping[/B] .. in the same sentence

:([/QUOTE]

Unless it's about Peyton.

[url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/?splash=splash[/url]

Watch today's press conference. He said Rhodes "bumped his knee."

[QUOTE=SMC;3470654]Yep, Rex said that Rhodes bumped his knew and was listed at limited at practice.

I don't know why people are even suggesting Rhodes won't play on Sunday. The Chicken Little act is crazy.[/QUOTE]

+1, Rhodes will play, this just mean we see more of Smith and Digs.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3470630]Great job. Do this right before our biggest game in decades. What a f**king mush. Maybe he was thinking about his next TV appearance instead of concentrating on football. Eat me, Kerry.[/QUOTE]

Are you really blaming Kerry for getting hurt?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3470661]Never want to hear the words .. [B]injured, knee, swollen, heavily wrapped and limping[/B] .. in the same sentence

:([/QUOTE]

I understand that Ham and it makes total sense.

BUT, he BANGED his knee. He didn't sprain it or anything. It's a bruise. That's why it was wrapped.

And you know why he was limping? Because it was wrapped and iced. You can't properly bend your knee when it is wrapped.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

...and if its swollen that quickly I would guess a bruise more than a soft tissue injury, which would also be better...

this guy will be on the field, I'm sure

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[IMG]http://steynian.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/simpsons-the-scream-4900914.jpg[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=32green;3470669][IMG]http://steynian.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/simpsons-the-scream-4900914.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]
    Edvard Munch?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=AbstraKt;3470664][url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/?splash=splash[/url]

Watch today's press conference. He said Rhodes "bumped his knee."[/QUOTE]

They'll down play this though. I would do the same. We probably won't know for sure until he walks off the bus outside the dome on Sunday.

[QUOTE=njherdfan;3470666]Are you really blaming Kerry for getting hurt?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. I'm tired of the clown act. In light of this Sunday's game, no excuses. Everybody needs to find a way to stay healthy, play Sunday, and kicks a$$ on Indy. That is setting up to be a classic. I don't want to hear about injuries or losing.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jetswin;3470673]Edvard Munch?[/QUOTE]

Yes, "The D'oh"

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3470668]...and if its [B]swollen that quickly[/B] I would guess a bruise more than a soft tissue injury, which would also be better...

this guy will be on the field, I'm sure[/QUOTE]

My wife's three least favorite words. :D