Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The "Let's Talk About The SOJ Ways We Can Lose This Game So It Doesn't Happen" Thread

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;3470936]How about fumbling the opening kickoff and having it returned for a Touchdown?

How about falling behind by 24 points, make a mad comeback only to get intercepted at the goal line with 12 seconds left?

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NTPaHzTDEU[/url][/QUOTE]

Wow.

Thank god I'm too young to have experienced that.

Jets up by 7 with 5 minutes left. Colts "drive" consists of 3rd down defensive holding conversion. INT called back by "illegal contact" and long bomb to Wayne at the 3 yard line gets pass interference call on Revis. Colts tie game. Jets never get another first down and lose by 7.

[QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;3470936]How about fumbling the opening kickoff and having it returned for a Touchdown?

How about falling behind by 24 points, make a mad comeback only to get intercepted at the goal line with 12 seconds left?

Whenever I hear Charlie Jones' voice my body responds with convulsions.
    The same goes for Bob Trumpy's, Don Criqui's and Dick Enberg's voices.
    These guys narrated so many nightmares for Jets fans.
    Last edited by Kleckomania; 01-21-2010 at 07:32 PM.

Doug Brien misses two potential game winning FG's, one off the crossbar. Thank god he can never hurt us again

[QUOTE=Guitarjet;3471149]OK.. Irsay opens roof on Lucas Oil Stadium, Rainstorm that is pelting AZ with 4 inches today hits Indy Saturday, field is an ABSOLUTE MESS by Sunday. Green slips in mud on first carry, pulls groin. TJ limited to 42 yards. Sanchez throws 2 pick sixes to Dwight Freeny, we lose 14-0 :steamin:[/QUOTE]

I see Shula will be helping the colts gameplan for the JETS this week.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jets up by 20 in the 4th Qtr, suddenly Manning gets hot and score 14 pts. You can feel that the defense can't stop it. With less than 3 minutes on the clock the Jets go 3 and out. First and 80 to go for the colts, Manning is unstopable throwing ropes left and right and with just a few seconds on the clock, from the Jets 5 fakes a spike and throws the ball to Wayne for a TD, Revis wasn't ready and was not expecting the pass.

Jets Insider VIP
    Bubby brister comes out on the last drive with the jets up 6. Handoff up the middle..... But wait, freeny busts through the line and takes the handoff for a score.

Leon johnson comes out with the jets down 6, 30 seconds to go on the colts 10 yards line. Half back option. Its picked!

Eric mangini comes in to coach the game. He runs a 3 man rush the entire games w no blitzing. Manning throws 5 tds. Doh!

Jets get a first and goal from inside the one (down by 4) with less than a minute left, and all 3 timeouts remaining. Jets get stuffed 3 times to bring up a 4th and goal, then Sanchez fumbles the snap and the Jets lose.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=STL Jet fan;3471014]Oh the pain..... I still hate Bill Simpson to this day.[/QUOTE]

You should hate Richard Todd. And to a lesser extent, Bruce Harper. He was barely touched on the opening kickoff.

[QUOTE=fukushimajin;3471164]This is the only time I ever cried after a football game. I was 10. They had that game --[/QUOTE]

Same here. I was 9. Little did that kid realize that he'd still be waiting to reach the promised land THIRTY years later...

[QUOTE=Austin;3471166]Wow.

Thank god I'm too young to have experienced that.[/QUOTE]

Quite the 11 minute history lesson, huh?

[QUOTE=Kleckomania;3471200]Whenever I hear Charlie Jones' voice my body responds with convulsions.
    These guys narrated so many nightmares for Jets fans.[/QUOTE]

Don't shoot the messenger. Hey, these guys were old school announcers with voice presence. I'll take them over a Jack Buck, Ian Eagles and Jim Nantz anyday.
    Last edited by Traitor Jay & the Woodies; 01-21-2010 at 11:47 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Honestly, my greatest SOJ fear is losing the game because of a bad snap on a chip shot FG or PAT. Some completely inexcusable special teams blunder that will cost us everything.

Jets win toss and defer.

On opening KO, Wright hurts knee and Feely breaks right foot.

On first play, Revis and Shepard collide sending them both to locker room with concussions.

On second play, Harris and Scott collide and same thing happens.

Rex has heart attack. Shotty takes over.

Immigration officials mistakenly take Sanchez into custody. Clemens doesn't disclose that he is blind in one eye and currently needing an appendectomy.

Terrorists take entire team hostage and NFL gives into demand that Jets forfeit to get them released.

We forget to study film of the Ravens loss last week and implement the same game plan with the same results.

[QUOTE=Austin;3470834]Up by 7 with two minutes left we punt and pin the Colts at their own 2.

They drive 98 yards and score the tying TD on the last play of regulation to force OT.

In OT, we win the toss, and Sanchez throws a pick six on the first play of OT.

I'm with SAR -- if we say this stuff now it won't happen in the game.[/QUOTE]
    Good idea! Always a big believer in the reverse jinx.
    Colts jump out to an early 1st quarter lead of 14-0, forcing the Jets to abandon the running game and play catch up. Sanchez throws 3 picks and we get blown out 31-10.
    Now at least we know it's going to be a close game ;)

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=RexRutha;3471726]Jets win toss and defer.

On opening KO, Wright hurts knee and Feely breaks right foot.

On first play, Revis and Shepard collide sending them both to locker room with concussions.

On second play, Harris and Scott collide and same thing happens.

Rex has heart attack. Shotty takes over.

Immigration officials mistakenly take Sanchez into custody. Clemens doesn't disclose that he is blind in one eye and currently needing an appendectomy.

Terrorists take entire team hostage and NFL gives into demand that Jets forfeit to get them released.[/QUOTE]

If you haven't been approached by a major motion picture studio yet, I'd like to open negotiations with you. Have you ever written a screenplay?

SAR I

How did the Jets get the ball back after the TD that made it 31-27?

Did they recover an onside kick?

[QUOTE=SAR I;3470970]That was my first SOJ memory. Ugh.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=STL Jet fan;3471014]Oh the pain..... I still hate Bill Simpson to this day.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=fukushimajin;3471164]This is the only time I ever cried after a football game. I was 10. They had that game --[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Austin;3471166]Wow.

Thank god I'm too young to have experienced that.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Kleckomania;3471200]Whenever I hear Charlie Jones' voice my body responds with convulsions.
    These guys narrated so many nightmares for Jets fans.[/QUOTE]

I can't/won't click that video. I was at that game. Sat in a Mezz box overhanging Right field what would be next to the Mets' bullpen at Shea. I thought we were all going to die that day. The entire right field Mezz tier was literally bouncing up and down from the fans stomping. Really, you could not only feel, but see the Mezzanine boxes moving and it was so loud that it was deafening. I thought it was going to collapse. I also thought I was witnessing one of the greatest comebacks in NFL history. The game opened with 2 quick Bills TDs, after the Jetsfumble on the opening kick off return. Watched the Jets march downfield in the 4th only to see the awful awful awful Todd INT at the end right below us in the right field corner. Never was I so heartbroken than in that playoff game. The worst.
    Last edited by Dcat; 01-22-2010 at 10:19 AM.

[QUOTE=SAR I;3470977]If I could reach through the internetz and strangle you, I would. Mark Gastineau is the Devil.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

this is your funniest post yet...

I was a casual Jet fan at the point that I watched that game. I have not missed a game since. :yes:

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=SackDancer99;3471874]this is your funniest post yet...[/QUOTE]

Get on a plane and join us in Indy already. What are you waiting for?

SAR I

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Dcat;3471858]I can't/won't click that video. I was at that game. Sat in a Mezz box overhanging Right field what would be next to the visitor's bullpen at Shea. I thought we were all going to die that day. The entire right field Mezz tier was literally bouncing up and down from the fans stomping. Really, you could not only feel, but see the Mezzanine boxes moving and it was so loud that it was deafening. I thought it was going to collapse. I also thought I was witnessing one of the greatest comebacks in NFL history. The game opened with 2 quick Bills TDs, after the Jetsfumble on the opening kick off return. Watched the Jets march downfield in the 4th only to see the awful awful awful Todd INT at the end right below us in the right field corner. Never was I so heartbroken than in that playoff game. The worst.[/QUOTE]

Face the Demon Dcat. Stare it down. Watch the tape. Embrace the SOJ. Then Vanquish the SOJ.