Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The "Let's Talk About The SOJ Ways We Can Lose This Game So It Doesn't Happen" Thread

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;3471913]Face the Demon Dcat. Stare it down. Watch the tape. Embrace the SOJ. Then Vanquish the SOJ.[/QUOTE]

I must admit, watching that clip was a cleansing experience.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;3471596]You should hate Richard Todd. And to a lesser extent, Bruce Harper. He was barely touched on the opening kickoff.

Same here. I was 9. Little did that kid realize that he'd still be waiting to reach the promised land THIRTY years later...

Quite the 11 minute history lesson, huh?

Don't shoot the messenger. Hey, these guys were old school announcers with voice presence. I'll take them over a Jack Buck, Ian Eagles and Jim Nantz anyday.[/QUOTE]

I was 9 as well. Lucky for me at the time, I was only a casual Jet fan then. There were no Jet fans in my household with by older brother being a Cowboy fan and my father not liking football (baseball & boxing fan).

My SOJ stomach punch moments came later.

What amazes me about that '81 WC game is that both QBs threw FOUR interceptions. That's crazy.

And I agree with you about the old-time announcers. They were great.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SAR I;3471917]I must admit, watching that clip was a cleansing experience.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

How about Mickey Shuler? Jeezus. What a day he had. Launched his career with the team.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SMC;3472044]I was 9 as well. Lucky for me at the time, I was only a casual Jet fan then. There were no Jet fans in my household with by older brother being a Cowboy fan and my father not liking football (baseball & boxing fan).

My SOJ stomach punch moments came later.

What amazes me about that '81 WC game is that both QBs threw FOUR interceptions. That's crazy.

And I agree with you about the old-time announcers. They were great.[/QUOTE]

This was the season I caught the fever. Started out 0-3 that year. Got red hot. The Barkum game vs Miami sent me into orbit. That led into the Packer game the week prior where they fans stormed the field and ripped down the goal posts. Has to be the last time in NFL history that happened.

Anyway, 1981, the year I was diagnosed with the affliction.

Hoping for the cure on Sunday.

After reading every single post here I can't believe no one has mentioned the real obvious one concerning the Jets offense.

1 minute left in game, Colts up by 4, Jets with 4th & 10 at the 50. The two Colts trying to cover Braylon Edwards collide with each other leaving a wide open Edwards at the Colts 20 yard line. Sanchez throws a perfect lob right to Edwards and he uses all hands and of course drops the ball.