Thread: Why is the Pro Bowl Early.

Practice Squad

Why is the Pro Bowl Early.

Im no genius but why is the pro bowl early this year.

What if a player selected is due to play in the superbowl and he gets injured?

Is this very bad planning by the NFL?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=ricard78;3470812]Im no genius but why is the pro bowl early this year.

Is this very bad planning by the NFL?[/QUOTE]

Players who are going to be in the superbowl will not be in the pro bowl.

They are trying this for one year to see if there is any more interest in the game. Nobody watches it after the superbowl so they want to see if anyone will watch it before.

Veteran

All about ratings. The NFL figures that once the Super Bowl is finished everyone is done with watching football. This way, there is still the hype of the Super Bowl coming up so the Pro Bowl's ratings will probably go way up.

[QUOTE=Mario;3470815]Players who are going to be in the superbowl will not be in the pro bowl.

They are trying this for one year to see if there is any more interest in the game. Nobody watches it after the superbowl so they want to see if anyone will watch it before.[/QUOTE]

And correct me if I'm wrong, but how often were players from the Super Bowl in Hawaii anyway? I know some people go after the Super Bowl, but most make up an injury to not go probably because they're either devastated they lost or burned out and still partying their asses off.

While I was originally not a fan of the move, I never watched it after the Super Bowl and that bye week leading up to the big game leaves many fans feeling a bit empty. So I think it could work pretty well. Plus the long flight to Hawaii was causing some of the players not to be able to make the game last minute.

All League
    The league will be thanking us, we've already freed up Rivers and Gates for the pro bowl, maybe Manning this week...

All Pro
    Obviously anybody in the Super Bowl won't be playing in the Pro Bowl...

[QUOTE=JetStream;3470826]The league will be thanking us, we've already freed up Rivers and Gates for the pro bowl, maybe Manning this week...[/QUOTE]

Rivers declined his Pro Bowl invite when he was selected

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=JetStream;3470826]The league will be thanking us, we've already freed up Rivers and Gates for the pro bowl, maybe Manning this week...[/QUOTE]

The Jets represent 3/4 of the starting offensive line. There's no way the NFL will let us win on Sunday.

SAR I

All League
    ill be honest the pro bowl doesnt draw a lot of interest from me, ill usually try to watch some of it but now that its the week before i think i will definitely have more interest...after the super bowl football is over and there is no longer any interest to watch any games

Jets Insider VIP
    shocking news...

it was "planned" like this last year. Everybody knew about it for 12 months.

I think they might get more people to go to the dumb thing (who are already in Mami for the SB game) and more people even to watch it that having it as an anticlimax the week after the SB which nobody watched.

Frankly they shouldn't even bother playing the dumb thing. Just announce who won the popularity contest and send them a plaque

[/QUOTE]

...especially in punctuation.

Hah, JFWY...

All Pro

The way players, particularly QBs have been dropping out, we'll be watching Brady Quinn squaring off against Alex Smith by the time it rolls around.

I think I'll watch Giada on Food Network instead, thanks.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

All League
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3470865]The Jets represent 3/4 of the starting offensive line. There's no way the NFL will let us win on Sunday.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Thats what we Jets fans say. The Dolts fans will say some of the Mafia in NY is Jets fans and rigged it in our favor.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=phitzc;3470989]Thats what we Jets fans say. The Dolts fans will say some of the Mafia in NY is Jets fans and rigged it in our favor.[/QUOTE]

Omerta

All League
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3470998]Omerta[/QUOTE]

Uh, does that mean Manning gets two broken legs before the game?
    I have no idea what happened. He was drunk and fell down the stairs.
    He was engaged in horseplay.