Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SB lottery - any new news?

SB lottery - any new news?

anyone have any new info on the lottery for SB tickets?

All League
    i called yesterday and they said season ticket holders should be getting an email today...i havent received anything yet and I'm cringing for the moment that someone post on here they won them

[QUOTE=bleedgreen03;3470860]i called yesterday and they said season ticket holders should be getting an email today...i havent received anything yet and I'm cringing for the moment that someone post on here they won them[/QUOTE]

thanks for the update

Jets Insider VIP
    someone posted on the season tix line that they won't be notifiying STH of the plans until next Monday or Tuesday after we finish horsewhipping the Colts.

All League
    [QUOTE=sg3;3470889]someone posted on the season tix line that they won't be notifiying STH of the plans until next Monday or Tuesday after we finish horsewhipping the Colts.[/QUOTE]

we'll see...i called yesterday and they said they were in the process of conducting lottery and we would be notified today but i am still going to give them a window until tomorrow since they always lie...

i cant imagine them not notifying STH until monday, they need to have some kind of preparation for those who have intentions of going to the game

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sg3;3470889]someone posted on the season tix line that they won't be notifiying STH of the plans until next Monday or Tuesday after we finish horsewhipping the Colts.[/QUOTE]

I just called the Jets and they will announce it Sunday after the game via e-mail. The guy did not have details how weighted the lottery would be. It seems it will be weighted based on how long you had seats in the old stadium and if you have PSL's in the new.

Go Jets!!!!

All League
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3470905]I just called the Jets and they will announce it Sunday after the game via e-mail. The guy did not have details how weighted the lottery would be. It seems it will be weighted based on how long you had seats in the old stadium and if you have PSL's in the new.

Go Jets!!!![/QUOTE]

friggin LIARS!! lol...wtf was the point in telling me they would notify us today

Jets Insider VIP
    I think they are debating it right now. At this point the details are very contentious and it is rumored that the Republicans are planning to filibuster to stop the lottery from taking place altogether unless all Oil Company lobbyists receive four free tickets to the game

JK

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3470905]I just called the Jets and they will announce it Sunday after the game via e-mail. The guy did not have details how weighted the lottery would be. It seems it will be weighted based on how long you had seats in the old stadium [B]and if you have PSL's in the new.[/B]

Go Jets!!!![/QUOTE]

What does next years seats have to do with anything? They are not even paid for yet. What happens if someone gets SB tix and then defaults on the PSL next year? I don't see how they could factor PSL into the equation. Especially since there was no mention of SB tickets for THIS year when they went on sale.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3470905]I just called the Jets and they will announce it Sunday after the game via e-mail. The guy did not have details how weighted the lottery would be. It seems it will be weighted based on how long you had seats in the old stadium and if you have PSL's in the new.

Go Jets!!!![/QUOTE]

I smell BS. I have called the Jets 3 different times and 3x I got the same answer - they have no information. Winners will be notified as soon as the lottery is complete.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=bleedgreen03;3470918]friggin LIARS!! lol...wtf was the point in telling me they would notify us today[/QUOTE]

You here something new every from them. I called 3 times you get 3 different answers. I hope there is no shenanigans going on.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=petejet;3470934]What does next years seats have to do with anything? They are not even paid for yet. What happens if someone gets SB tix and then defaults on the PSL next year? I don't see how they could factor PSL into the equation. Especially since there was no mention of SB tickets for THIS year when they went on sale.[/QUOTE]

I agree I am just letting you guys know what I they told me.

I think it sucks that someone who has tickets for 1 year can get tickets ahead of someone who had tickets and suffered for 30 years.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3470967]I agree I am just letting you guys know what I they told me.

I think it sucks that someone who has tickets for 1 year can get tickets ahead of someone who had tickets and suffered for 30 years.[/QUOTE]

If you factor in PSL holders you could potentially award someone SB tickets who was never an STH and is joining up for the first time next year. I wish they would just cut the crap already and announce the winners. People need to make plans.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=petejet;3470986]If you factor in PSL holders you could potentially award someone SB tickets who was never an STH and is joining up for the first time next year. I wish they would just cut the crap already and announce the winners. People need to make plans.[/QUOTE]

Yes and they are essentially doing this blind which will lead people to think there are under the table deals going on.

I had been told a couple times emails would be sent out tomorrow. who knows though.

[QUOTE=petejet;3470986]If you factor in PSL holders you could potentially award someone SB tickets who was never an STH and is joining up for the first time next year. I wish they would just cut the crap already and announce the winners. People need to make plans.[/QUOTE]

I don't see any issue with rewarding existing season ticket holders who bought PSLs. (College teams, in deciding who gets bowl tix, give extra points to STH who donate to the school, for instance.) I also see no issue with giving better lottery odds to longtime ticket holders.

But I do agree that it would be bad form to give SB tix to anyone who was not a STH this year.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;3471025]I don't see any issue with rewarding existing season ticket holders who bought PSLs. (College teams, in deciding who gets bowl tix, give extra points to STH who donate to the school, for instance.) I also see no issue with giving better lottery odds to longtime ticket holders.

But I do agree that it would be bad form to give SB tix to anyone who was not a STH this year.[/QUOTE]

Well first off they never said that if you buy a PSL it would help your chances of getting SB tickets THIS year. This years SB should be based on this year - period. I like the weighted lottery it gives the old timers the best chance but at least everyone has some chance. What I don't like is the # of tickets allotted to the SB teams. Football is the only sport where you can be a season ticket holder and have almost no chance of getting tickets to the title game.

All League
    This is what pisses me off if true. This is from an online chat on newyorkjets.com:

10:25 [Comment From FrankFrank: ]
    If the Jets make the Super Bowl this year will new stadium season ticket holders have access to Super Bowl tickets?

Thursday January 14, 2010 10:25 Frank
    10:26 We're still determining Super Bowl ticket allocation. But I can tell you all Coaches Club members will have the opportunity to purchase a pair.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Section109Row15;3471069]This is what pisses me off if true. This is from an online chat on newyorkjets.com:

10:25 [Comment From FrankFrank: ]
    If the Jets make the Super Bowl this year will new stadium season ticket holders have access to Super Bowl tickets?

Thursday January 14, 2010 10:25 Frank
    10:26 We're still determining Super Bowl ticket allocation. But I can tell you all Coaches Club members will have the opportunity to purchase a pair.[/QUOTE]

Who is Frank?

[QUOTE=petejet;3471056]Well first off they never said that if you buy a PSL it would help your chances of getting SB tickets THIS year. This years SB should be based on this year - period. I like the weighted lottery it gives the old timers the best chance but at least everyone has some chance. What I don't like is the # of tickets allotted to the SB teams. Football is the only sport where you can be a season ticket holder and have almost no chance of getting tickets to the title game.[/QUOTE]

It's a fair point.

From the team's perspective, I suppose, they have more ticket holders than they have SB tix, so they have to figure out the best way to do it.

If I were the Jets, I'd probably weight PSLs, but not automatically give tix because of them. Existing STH who buy them get more ping-pong balls in the lottery or whatever. But I would not, in any circumstance, give Super Bowl tix to somebody who was not a STH this season.